Antonio Conte (204 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Lolll rightttt. That's what Conte wanted.
because you're so sure of this yourself?

- - - Updated - - -

conte :lol: good luck performing against teams that actually have talent and were you need to know how to coach offensively.
like Real Madrid? Had no problems beating Holland with Italy in one of his first games in charge they have talent right?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
i think max is doing a fine job so far, but no way would he have been able to duplicate conte's achievements with those teams. But i also agree that he should just shut up about us.
That's because he's not as good of a coach as Conte. You don't, as a club, find yourself in a situation where an integral part of 3 championship campaigns decides to leave 2 days into preseason and then you somehow find a BETTER coach.

The aforementioned replacement would have never been available in the first place if that were the case.

That being said, I like the job that Allegri has done, and just because he may not be as good as Conte, does not mean that he is not a good coach. That couldn't be further from the truth. He came in under the least enviable of circumstances and has had a hand in maintaining the course for this club. I really don't know how much more people could have expected. He has actually exceeded my expectations.

However, he should not have said what he did. He should have left very well alone, and if, as some are suggesting, that this was "motivation", give me a break.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
That's because he's not as good of a coach as Conte. You don't, as a club, find yourself in a situation where an integral part of 3 championship campaigns decides to leave 2 days into preseason and then you somehow find a BETTER coach.

The aforementioned replacement would have never been available in the first place if that were the case.

That being said, I like the job that Allegri has done, and just because he may not be as good as Conte, does not mean that he is not a good coach. That couldn't be further from the truth. He came in under the least enviable of circumstances and has had a hand in maintaining the course for this club. I really don't know how much more people could have expected. He has actually exceeded my expectations.
mine too, and most the forum imo

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
mine too, and most the forum imo
Conte still shouldn't have said what he did, though. Why would you say it, unless you are either A) Trying to hype up your own accomplishments, or B) try to discredit the job that is being done in your absence.

Either way, it's not very cool

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Conte shouldn't have said that. Wondering about how many points he would have had he still coach Juve right now is so idiotic, even though it might be true. I mean, he did quit on us, didn't he? He should show a little more respect for Allegri and the players.
:tup: Pretty much. He left by his choice and needs to stop giving these bs statements, that have no use but to attract negative attention.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Conte was able to put us on the top in Italy after years of mediocrity. He is an excellent motivator, he has a vision for the game and he is an average tactician who have plenty of room to progress. He can progress but the 3-5-2 fecked it up.

Allegri on the other hand is much more open to experimentation and his tactical level looks better than Conte. Allegri is not such a good motivator, but still he is capable to keep the training room professional. Let's see what Allegri will do in the CL and judge him afterwards. He might be the third coach who has won us the... :snoop:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
God, can't believe what a delusional, self-absorbed piece of shit he is. I'm honestly glad he's not with us anymore, mainly because of the horribly outdated strategies of his.

Mar 30, 2006
Yeah Conte came off as super arrogant. It is much classier to be humble and congratulate Allegri on doing a good job since he has been appointed. Everyone knows what Conte did for Juve and how he turned us from a 7th place team with a loser and frail mentality to a tough team with the mindset of winners. But he comes off as really petty and arrogant.

That said I love Conte and hope someday he returns to coach Juve.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
You'd have to be a fool to believe that. I'm sure not even you truly believe it
neither you nor Badass know why he said this and what he wanted to accomplish by saying it. you could also say its foolish to think he wanted to disturb the atmosphere in the club he played for so long and then coached it with the majority of his players still there. if his words motivate the team and give us a performance boost then i thank him for that and wish he would say stuff like that all the time.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Yeah Conte came off as super arrogant. It is much classier to be humble and congratulate Allegri on doing a good job since he has been appointed. Everyone knows what Conte did for Juve and how he turned us from a 7th place team with a loser and frail mentality to a tough team with the mindset of winners. But he comes off as really petty and arrogant.

That said I love Conte and hope someday he returns to coach Juve.
I don't know why being super arrogant bothers so many people here? would you prefer a super nice manager like ranieri to achieve and win nothing?

- - - Updated - - -

neither you nor Badass know why he said this and what he wanted to accomplish by saying it. you could also say its foolish to think he wanted to disturb the atmosphere in the club he played for so long and then coached it with the majority of his players still there. if his words motivate the team and give us a performance boost then i thank him for that and wish he would say stuff like that all the time.
:tup:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
He's being arrogant towards the club he coached and played for. Mourinho for example is arrogant but he still says nothing but good things for clubs he's been a part of. He even went back to Chelsea because he was on such good terms with everyone there. I don't see Conte coming back here, he burned those bridges and isn't doing a very good job of putting down the fire with comments like these.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
He's being arrogant towards the club he coached and played for. Mourinho for example is arrogant but he still says nothing but good things for clubs he's been a part of. He even went back to Chelsea because he was on such good terms with everyone there. I don't see Conte coming back here, he burned those bridges and isn't doing a very good job of putting down the fire with comments like these.
didnt he visit the club a while ago. did he burn those bridges before, during or after that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 184)