Antonio Conte (58 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
Man, being a NT coach is so much less stressful than coaching a big club. A competition that matters is only once every two years and you only have to reach the quarter finals to be not considered a failure. Even if you fail, history probably won't remember you.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
The details of the contract via GDM

Antonio Conte will be Introduced as Italy's new coach next Tuesday in Rome at 11:30 am local time. The former Juve coach will sign a two year deal.

These terms are as reported by Alciato for Sky Sports:

Conte will receive € 2 million from the Federation (the combined salaries of Prandelli and Sacchi since Conte will cover Both of Their previous roles), 2 million from the Azzurri's sponsor Puma, as well as the Following bonuses: 1 million euro for qualifying for the Euro, EUR 500,000 for improving on Italy's FIFA ranking by 5 slots as well as another € 500,000 for reaching the Euro final.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
It just seems like an odd choice so far from any important tournaments.
Looking at this from Belgian perspective, i disagree.

2 years ago belgium with crappy crap that made failures and had individuals who never made a collective, let alone a collective action.
Then came Leekens, who did much good work with the team, and when he was nearly done he fucked off to club brugge cause of shitload of money
After Leekens came the idiotcoach Wilmots, who basically is a mental coach who was given the wrong job, and qualified for the 2014 world cup on the back of Leekens work, and made semi finals there, before we noticed you really need an actual coach to go further.

Translating to italy, we see a generation signing out, and a bunch of young crap , and a good youngster here and there.

They need to build now. Players like Rossi, Berardi, El Sharaawy, Verratti, Barofltelli, Insigne etc, this is the bunch from wich the new keyplayers will be chosen.
So picking Conte now, is a good thing, since he can call up many youth shit for the friendlies, and see what he likes

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Best wishes to Antonio in this new endeavour.

I'll always be grateful to him for the way he helped raise this club up after back to back fucking 7th place finishes. Three scudetti in three seasons is nothing short of outstanding.

Too bad the way it ended, but very likely more complicated than most here are painting it. I wish him the best with the Azzurri, and who knows, maybe he'll even be back at the club one day.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Good for Conte - got himself a hefty pay raise for about 20% of the previous workload (10 games/year, give or take, half of which would be friendlies). Good luck seeing him come out on the short end of the stick.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Looking at this from Belgian perspective, i disagree.

2 years ago belgium with crappy crap that made failures and had individuals who never made a collective, let alone a collective action.
Then came Leekens, who did much good work with the team, and when he was nearly done he fucked off to club brugge cause of shitload of money
After Leekens came the idiotcoach Wilmots, who basically is a mental coach who was given the wrong job, and qualified for the 2014 world cup on the back of Leekens work, and made semi finals there, before we noticed you really need an actual coach to go further.

Translating to italy, we see a generation signing out, and a bunch of young crap , and a good youngster here and there.

They need to build now. Players like Rossi, Berardi, El Sharaawy, Verratti, Barofltelli, Insigne etc, this is the bunch from wich the new keyplayers will be chosen.
So picking Conte now, is a good thing, since he can call up many youth shit for the friendlies, and see what he likes
Giving all the credit to Leekens? IMO the credit needs to be given to Advocaat.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
what is wrong with wilmots? he got you guys to qf of the world cup?
IMO, nothing much wrong with Wilmots, but for some reason, zach doesn't like him.
I want to give him credit until after EC2016. He made some strange choices during the WC (f.e. not using Januzaj much but using Chadli or Dembele) but all in all, I think he did OK for his first big test as coach.
Although he might have been a bit to defensive during the WC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)