Antonio Conte (31 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
It could easily be that they didn't flop because they were good . We good asamoah , isla . The first has played great the second one obviously a flop (he was a marotta fault obviously) , but it's not that it was conte's fault that he was bad , just as it's not totally conte's merit that asa has been so good for us .
Isla was injured when he signed, and once he got his confidence back, he had some good moments. He also played well for his NT. My question is, how come almost every big signing before Conte (after coming back to serie A of course) was a flop (Amauri, diego, Melo, Krasic, Iaquinta...), and almost none under him was?
Yeah, it might be pure luck. But luck does not last for 3 seasons. The difference between how Juve played before Conte and under him is overwhelming.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
thank you, thats what i am saying, base your inferences on reasonably verifiable assumptions, but then you get called a sheep :sergio:
You are called a sheep because u are being biased and followwing Conte's decition blindly instead of trying to look at the greater picture.
The fact is that we cannot put our hands on the fire for Conte., because since the end of our 2nd scudetto, he started to show signs of bitterness towards the board and some doubts.. but after the 3rd scudetto, and after all the pressure he got from the fans and media after the europe run... it as increasingly notorious that something was going on with him.
On the otehr hand...you try to put a blind eye to that and blame everythhing on the lack of promises fullfilled form the board.

But now, tell me....yo will say to me that Conte didtn knew how our financial status was in first place?. HE KNEW we didnt have the money to spend 30 mils on one player. IM pretty sure that he knew that. If he stayed with us.. he was fully aware that we could lose a player or2, just like last years. Right now, Juventus is in a state that cannot give guarantees. Its a fact and a reality that some fans should accept before jumping the gun and saying "buy this guy and that one, it doesnt matter the price".

TLDR: Take everything into account before saying that Juventus failed Conte.

So pirlo was never WC before he met conte
Vidal got so good just because of conte
Buffon was never WC before conte
Barzagli was never good before conte

The player with which he had more impact i personally think is marchisio . First season he made him flawless and gave a boost to his self confidence . Also he did a great job in finding a place for everyone and where everyone expressed their fullest . Like the 3 man defense to make it easier for both chiello and bonucci (also because pepe was missing). That made us win our first scudetto .

As i said , conte has played a great part in our winnings , but it's not that we had a team full with gilardinos . I remember very clearly that the objective of our first year with conte was to reach 3rd place . That means that even with an untested coach at these levels we had faith that the quality of players would send us to 3rd , conte did the rest and won the first season . Second season our main opponents dismantled their squad and we were clearly favourites , again conte has a lot of merits of repeating himself and keeping the expectations . Same for third season , we clearly had the better team and conte lead it to first place .
INdeed.

Buddy if his heart wasn't in it, then why wait until now to do this?

Are you telling me that he woke up this morning and just came to that conclusion?

and how would that make it any better? You and others are saying that this isn't something that he would do on a whim.

So either he indeed did this at the spur of the moment, or he felt this way for a while now and just now decided to do this. Either way thst is not good
This is my real guess. And why i say this?. Because he was unsure of this since he season ended. He was not able to cope with the increasingly pressure of the Europe defeats. He kept saying that he was unable to win the CL with the current squad.... but... who asked him to win the whole thing in first place? No one on their right mind would demand that from him. Then...after the final game of the season...we all remember how he was moaning openly at the media about our lack of ambitions and all the parade that resulted from that.
If he really was that convinced that he wasnt able to take the team further.... or if he had a lot od differences with AA and w2il eye marotta..... he should have quitted right there..in that precise moment. But he got confused. He should have been secure that he was not going to be able to make it and to agree with the board. Juventus feelings aside...he should have quitted. Thats what the wiser thing todo, for both parties....and even when it would have been a slap in the face for everyone.... we would have been foprced to udnerstand his reasons and find a replacement.

But now is a different story.-

Remember his wife crying in the scudetto red carpet?. Somehting was being cooked since there and it boiled totally today.

do you want my opinion?

conte has an opinion on where this team should eb heading, he shared this plan earlier this year with the board. there was some conflict and he decided he cant work under the board's plan, after a few meetings they came to a compromise. In good faith, conte believed what he was promised. Fast forward to today, there was an obvious failure/reneging of one of the engagements of the board, thinking that since we are so far into preseason conte would just fold and accept it. He wants none of it and decides to call ti quits.
Just too easy. I really dont think he is that innocent.

Just watched the exit interview.

He really looked like a defeated man, one unsure of himself.
Yes. Weird as fuk.
Is not the interview of someone who is like "hey, you all failed on me and i warned you, so suck it up.".............. its , like you said.... the words of a man still shellshocked, and not exactly and only because his feelings towards the team--- but thats the face of someone who is maybe is not sure whats going on.

This was the 2nd day of pre-season man. Might it be wrong to suggest that maybe Conte might have jumped to conclusions, and that everyone has to share the blame on this?
This si what i have been saying to him the whole afternoon.... but he says im an ungrateful prick.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Contes ambitions and any preexisting arrangements taken into consideration, this left the club in a very tight spot. Next season is basically ruined and while we are not quite set back to post calciopoli state of affairs, it set back the club tremendously.

A true Juventus legend would have swallowed it, done his for the club for the first six months, offering some timetoworkon a replacement and then left. There is this idea that Juventus is bigger than the players playing for it and the people managing it and i fulle subscribe to it, i I hoped Conte would too. He had the chance to bail earlier in the season and he should have seized it were he not prepared for hiccups. A management as finsncislly responsible as the current one would not have agreed on any circumstances earlier this summer when they were persuading him, were they not 100 percent sure they could deliver. That might be a failure on their part to do the job, but it certainly does not imply that they tried tricking him into staying, as some members sadly seem to be implying

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Who's putting him down? I'm not putting him down. I just don't think its, as clear cut as Conte is right and everyone else is wrong.

and I'm certainly not discrediting what he did as a coach for us. I will never forget it. As I stated this afternoon, I didn't know whether to yell cry or throw up, so I eliminated the middle man and did all three.

that doesn't mean that I shouldn't be upset at the mess he potentially left us in.
You show them Sergoi.

thx

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Isla was injured when he signed, and once he got his confidence back, he had some good moments. He also played well for his NT. My question is, how come almost every big signing before Conte (after coming back to serie A of course) was a flop (Amauri, diego, Melo, Krasic, Iaquinta...), and almost none under him was?
Yeah, it might be pure luck. But luck does not last for 3 seasons. The difference between how Juve played before Conte and under him is overwhelming.
It is also a different managment , appart from krasic . From the list i would say iaquinta hasn't been much of a flop , he wasn't present in the last years thanks to injuries and wanting to simply sit and eat his wages . The one which has baffled me is diego , he was 2 years straight best bundes player , i was expecting him to do great with us and than he flopped badly . Still most of those players didn't do that good after juve either so it's not that it was the fault of the coach at the time either

- - - Updated - - -

Contes ambitions and any preexisting arrangements taken into consideration, this left the club in a very tight spot. Next season is basically ruined and while we are not quite set back to post calciopoli state of affairs, it set back the club tremendously.

A true Juventus legend would have swallowed it, done his for the club for the first six months, offering some timetoworkon a replacement and then left. There is this idea that Juventus is bigger than the players playing for it and the people managing it and i fulle subscribe to it, i I hoped Conte would too. He had the chance to bail earlier in the season and he should have seized it were he not prepared for hiccups. A management as finsncislly responsible as the current one would not have agreed on any circumstances earlier this summer when they were persuading him, were they not 100 percent sure they could deliver. That might be a failure on their part to do the job, but it certainly does not imply that they tried tricking him into staying, as some members sadly seem to be implying
:agree: totally agree

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I don't know why he left but I am disappointed in Conte, he was always going to be stubborn but if he did walk out because of transfer targets or whatever...I just don't think it was right, not days before pre-season.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

Fuckign this. Wise and logical words.

I think that everyone who has some common sense...should be thinking this same way.

He should have left at the first chance if he was going to do this NOW. If he, for some reason, didnt agreed with the project....theres little sense in trying to continue. He knew full well how Juve has been working in the last 3 yars. nuder a very tight budget. Winnign scudettos doesnt mean millons of dollars nowadays.... but the CL does.
TBH, our debale started right after the galatasaray game...and for that he is in par to blame too. Is not only Marotta and his penny pinching..or AA and his del piero hate. Is everyone's fault at this stage.

But still , like Nzoric says, even when Agnelli and Beppe could have said "yes we will get, well , maybe we will get Sanchez"...... leaving the club in this mess is totally uncalled for.

If he was going to commit this season...he should have done it til the end...Sanchez or not. Not for him or for Agnelli... but for the love of the club, just like Del piero did even when he was a very shitty situation. TILL THE FUKING END OF IT-

alaska

May 25, 2013
you tell me this.

if you knew in advance that spending 30 million on Iturbe means that Conte stays, you would do it, right?

You don't think that management knew this, or better yet, was there any indication by the coach that if Iturbe was not acquired, that he would leave?
Obviously they didn't know, we're dealing in hypotheticals. This whole thread of debate started because I raised the possibility that the 'person who screwed up' that Agnelli's wife talked about was Marotta, not Conte. Just a thought.

Also, regardless of Conte's leaving today (which nobody expected, any guru who says he did is full of nonsense), I would have paid 30m for Iturbe. It's high, I know. But who else are we going to buy? We needed wingers to 'keep Conte happy', and to improve our options. And Iturbe is a great prospect. Only difference is, I thought if we failed to sign him Conte would leave NEXT summer, not this instant.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I don't know why he left but I am disappointed in Conte, he was always going to be stubborn but if he did walk out because of transfer targets or whatever...I just don't think it was right, not days before pre-season.
Agreed. :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

This is like quitting a job where the company is heavily invested in you without a two week notice. :lol:

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
It is also a different managment , appart from krasic . From the list i would say iaquinta hasn't been much of a flop , he wasn't present in the last years thanks to injuries and wanting to simply sit and eat his wages . The one which has baffled me is diego , he was 2 years straight best bundes player , i was expecting him to do great with us and than he flopped badly . Still most of those players didn't do that good after juve either so it's not that it was the fault of the coach at the time either
Conte and new management were together in this, but there are signs that shows Conte has the largest role. I mentioned one up there, that we conceded 47 goals with almost the same back line one season before Conte, 7 more than Chievo Verona and almsot twice as Milan. I applaud management for signing Pirlo though. That's the biggest role they played, other than hiring Conte.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

Yup. It's the "failure of professionalism" issue I had to bring up. Unless Marotta was sexually abusing Conte and his kids, leaving like this seems to put the good of an individual coach way above the good of the team, club, organization, and fans.

That's why I am particularly disappointed.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Conte and new management were together in this, but there are signs that shows Conte has the largest role. I mentioned one up there, that we conceded 47 goals with almost the same back line one season before Conte, 7 more than Chievo Verona and almsot twice as Milan. I applaud management for signing Pirlo though. That's the biggest role they played, other than hiring Conte.
That is what i am saying and i also do think that conte had a bigger part in winning , especially first year , less in the other two , but not as a mounstrous part as some think . Managment also signed vidal , pogba , asa . The first especially being a very key player

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
That is what i am saying and i also do think that conte had a bigger part in winning , especially first year , less in the other two , but not as a mounstrous part as some think . Managment also signed vidal , pogba , asa . The first especially being a very key player
Agree, and I do believe such a coach that can get the best out of his players (Vidal, Pogba and Marchisio being examples) is very hard to find. That's why I think we lost our ,by far, best asset.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Conte to win the CL so that we can forget about Italy's disappointing WC exit.
My last post on this thread, just wishing Juventus will take away the pain of Italy. Now I slept dreaming of Iturbe and Morata, and I get up and got this shocker.

He probably saw our signings and felt disappointed.
Probably Marota said, look I have Coman, WC player like Pogba. Then Conte sees on the first day, fuck this shit , I am leaving.

Wishful thinking but what about Juup Heynckes, Guus Hiddink or Frank Rijkaard anyone?
Guus taking over Holland from Van Gaal, Heynckes will not come out of retirement, he has retired as a legend, Rijkaard ,please not him.

GDM reported it was a done deal. Starting from tomorrow he'll be in Vinovo. The cheapest solution atm and he's got decent experience.
I think this Allegri deal, is a panic deal because the timing of the resignation. We hardly can find anyone immediately.

I would like to thank Conte for his great work and the success he has been part of. Partly he is our reason to have a wonderful 3 years.
The scudetto in 2011/2012 is my fondest memory of Juventus. I feel bitter about the timing of his resignation but moving forward lets stop the blame game.
We have to remember the club stick with him when he was banned to be fair to AA.

Now lets hope for the best with the rest of the team who are still here. Who ever comes, we need to support and hope for the best.
Forza Juventus!

beowulf

Dec 9, 2012
Forza Conte. I will always admire the man. Just hope he stays away from managing any other Italian clubs.

One of the most fun managers to watch on the sideline. I derived great happiness from how animated he was.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)