Antonio Conte (363 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Qwisto

Oct 5, 2010
Signing Lippi and keeping Vidal might make me forget about Conte.

- - - Updated - - -

Signing Lippi and keeping Vidal might make me forget about Conte.
Me too :

I could imagine Gila and Diamanti going "wtf?" when they hear about Lippi's departure while replacing him with a Chinese coach. :beppe:

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Let's not kid ourselves, Conte is what has brought all our success in the last 3 seasons. He know how to use each and every player to the best of their potential.
There aren't even a handful of coaches around the world that have this ability.

Kidtaf

May 20, 2009
Conte is at fault no mwatter the reason.

He should have stayed, if he had respect for the fans he would have finished this season with us and left next May.

But instead he stubbornly left now, to prove a point, and now we're plunged into the greatest levels of hell. (Allegri)
I wonder what the Ultras are going to do?
I'm more inclined to believe that he's leaving over a failure to bring in players that he wants than to believe it's because of sales. We fail to get Sanchez or whoever else, move for Iturbe as our last choice and then lose him to Roma. Iturbe would have been a guaranteed starter here and he still goes to Roma? That is $#@!ing ridiculous.

I am also exceedingly disappointed in Antonio. Of course I am grateful for everything that he has achieved. He made it possible to hold your head up high as a Juventino and we were moving forward in such a good direction. Of course the players and other staff helped us too but Conte was clearly the main man. Now we don't know where we are. For somebody who brought so much grinta to the club at times he showed a hell of a lack of fight at times. Blaming referees for certain results, complaining to the press about money and now this. Perhaps this protest needed to happen but I am completely sure that the reason we aren't spending 30m on transfers is because we don't have the money for it and can't afford to take a risk.

If Conte can't accept that reality then this is the best thing to happen for all parties. I just wish it didn't end like this.

Fino alla fine, ragazzi.
I doubt its over transfers as Conte has been part of Juventus' rebuilding eras after selling major stars so he knows what needs to be done in order to achieve greater things.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I know allegri or some other already linked clown is happening but for those who think we had no choice... Should think again....Guus hiddink, frank Rijkaard, juup Heynckes, michael laudrup ( not free but in Qatar so maybe), scolari, trappatoni, Carlos quiroz, zaccheroni

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Let me get this straight.

Barzagli
Asamoah
Pirlo
Pogba
Vidal
Lichsteiner
Tevez
Llorente

are suddenly not good players now?
Barzagli - most were against his signing saying he's nothing special and "past it" - Conte brought the best out of him
Asamoah - He's gone from strength to strength under Conte
Pirlo - everyone thought he was washed up, including Milan - we got Lucky and again Conte
Pogba - Was still young and desperately wanted out
Vidal - no one wanted him other than Bayern, but he wanted out of Germany. NONE of us expected him to be so good. Conte again ;)
Lichsteiner - was a solid performer at Lazio, nothing more. You guess what I'm gonna say here?
Tevez - has been trying to leave his club for years. Makes trouble in any club he goes to. Can you hazard a guess at why he did so well and caused no trouble here?
Llorente - free agent and no one wanted him. Conte'd!

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
Let's not kid ourselves, Conte is what has brought all our success in the last 3 seasons. He know how to use each and every player to the best of their potential.
There aren't even a handful of coaches around the world that have this ability.
Only the first season did he not have the best squad in serie a. Still winning 3times in a row is a feat. Seems he burned himself out in the prosess, and fucked juventus over in the end.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Barzagli - most were against his signing saying he's nothing special and "past it" - Conte brought the best out of him
Pirlo - everyone thought he was washed up, including Milan - we got Lucky and again Conte
Vidal - no one wanted him other than Bayern, but he wanted out of Germany. NONE of us expected him to be so good. Conte again ;)
Lichsteiner - was a solid performer at Lazio, nothing more. You guess what I'm gonna say here?
Tevez - has been trying to leave his club for years. Makes trouble in any club he goes to. Can you hazard a guess at why he did so well and caused no trouble here?
Ok, so what you're saying is that Marotta is a lousy sporting director.

Got it.

If he were as lousy as you say he is, then why wasn't he fired 3 years ago after their 7th place finish the same way that Del Neri was?

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't realise that, not been following much news today because of work. Things are obviously emotional right now and I've jumped to a conclusion, apologies.
No problem.

The announcements that Juve backed out of the deal were about an hour after COnte quit.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011

What the fuck is this shit!!

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Well said dawg, i am afraid we will miss contes personality. He is one of the very few who can control players like tevez. Definitely not allegri Mancini, not even lippi has such strong no bullshit attitude.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Ok, so what you're saying is that Marotta is a lousy sporting director.

Got it.

If he were as lousy as you say he is, then why wasn't he fired 3 years ago after their 7th place finish the same way that Del Neri was?

- - - Updated - - -

No problem.

The announcements that Juve backed out of the deal were about an hour after COnte quit.
Because Conte's success saved his life.

You just proved my point further. The same director brought us no Success under Del Neri, meaning, it was purely Conte who was able to bring us success. Marotta is a stooge with a provincial mentality. This is just not his thing at one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 359)