Antonio Conte (149 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Seriously doubt this . Why leave for a not so good azurri team , while you can stay for another year at juve and aim at winning again the scudetto ,coppa italia ect . I would understand if italy were a top contender in the next cups and had a monster team , but not in this case
Agreed, seriously, seriously doubt this.

I wonder what the other big options will be for Conte, if he does in fact want to work this season?

Buy on AliExpress.com

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
The most logical explanation is the transfers. If it is so it's Deschamps' scenario all over again. I can't see him being successful at Italian NT tbh. The current generation is shit and he's not a cup coach. I'm sure he will regret it but will never admit it.

how about dignity? why would one regret acting to save his dignity, if he was indeed given some promises that were flat out reneged 2 months later why should he stay?

Though now they can say Vidal wanted to leave because of Conte resigning :p
doh!

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
Alessio Tacchinardi‏@taks75
Mi hanno detto Allegri alla Juve ...... No comment .....

@taks75 I'm told Allegri at Juve...... No comment.....

Allegri and Juve :facepalm2:

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Can't we just play with no coach at all?
This could actually work better than hiring the mentioned idiots in here.

I'm surprised noone mentioned Simeone as replacement :D
Oh yes he would be fucking good.

how about dignity? why would one regret acting to save his dignity, if he was indeed given some promises that were flat out reneged 2 months later why should he stay?
How naive are you? It's not like it's the first time. We get those news every transfer window and Conte in each of those wasn't happy with signings. He always wanted better so this year it wouldn't be different.

Jan 5, 2007
"I have decided to terminate my contract with Juventus," Conte said in an interview on the club's official website.

"When did I make this decision? I have matured with time and my feelings led me to make this choice. It may be more difficult to keep winning with Juventus."

He was then asked if he was interested in taking over the Italy national team.

"I’m thinking now of the decision that I have just taken," he replied, before giving a message to the club's fans.

"An enormous thank you for what you have given to me as a player and as a coach. I have always been close to you. I want to say that the journey taken in recent years has been historic.

"I want to thank all my players who have allowed me to win and have helped me to grow. I thank the club that has always been close to me, I thank Andrea Agnelli who supported me and I thank the staff and all employees who have worked with me to make this a winning Juventus.

"What will I do? I'll think about it tomorrow."

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I still can't believe it.

Juventus stood by Conte during his suspension, and now Conte just leaves Juventus in this mess?

Even if he didn't get what he asked for, he could have left us in a better situation.

I feel betrayed.

Apparently Juventus management were surprised about his decision, apparently he didn't have the motivation and energy to continue.
You should not be surprised, Conte has been complaining for more than a year, he has asked for a few simple things, the end of nationalism and some players that can play in the left flank.
This is what he have asked since day1
But Marotta keeps faling to deliver and so our board had to make a choice, opt for a competitive juve, or opt for quantity over quality, keep fooling our selves with compromises of manageable level and with nationalistic criteria?
You should feel betrayed by the ones who opted for the later, rather that what was the best for Juve...

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
He didn't get what he wanted so he leaves during preseason when transfer negotiations are ongoing and the team is back to work?

Wtf is that? He just dumped us in a huge mess. Poor Conte, he probably still would have won a Scudetto this season and make millions of euros. What a hard year he would have to endure....

What Conte did was classless. Finish something you've started, leave when it's over.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Well, he's not as bad as the opinion of him is here, but then again, that would be nearly impossible.

He's still pretty bad though. Even Guidolin would be better.
I would definitely take Allegri over Mihajlovic or Mancini. Guidolin said while ago that he doesnt want to coach big clubs, too stressful apparently.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
You should not be surprised, Conte has been complaining for more than a year, he has asked for a few simple things, the end of nationalism and some players that can play in the left flank.
This is what he have asked since day1

But Marotta keeps faling to deliver and so our board had to make a choice, opt for a competitive juve, or opt for quantity over quality, keep fooling our selves with compromises of manageable level and with nationalistic criteria?
You should feel betrayed by the ones who opted for the later, rather that what was the best for Juve...
:lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 148)