Antonio Conte (319 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

SoundAttack

Guru of Greatness
Aug 25, 2007
All this will be history.

All Agnelli has to do is appoint an ambitious coach ASAP who our star players feel can trust.

Not Mancini nor Allegri nor sphalerite are a step forward.

deschamps, hiddink, montella, lippi or maybe Nedved if he can step up will help solve our current crisis.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Aug 4, 2009
United fan in peace here. I have a great admiration for Italian football, Juventus and its history and it is a shame to see what Serie A and giants like Milan and Juventus have come to.

But in terms of Conte, from a neutral's perspective it seems clear that Vidal/Pogba will be sold and it's why he's left and I think that that is an absolute cop out. Anyone with any knowledge of Juventus and the state of Italian football knows that it is in a bad shape and that the lure of the Premier League/La Liga + realistic chance of winning the Champions League + 100% salary increase is just something Juventus can't offer. He knew what he was getting himself into and what he was already managing.

Great managers stick through the rough no matter what out of pure loyalty to the club and their fans. Wenger did it, despite being courted by Juve/Madrid/France, throughout the 00's and Ferguson did it after having to sell Ronaldo and miss out on Tevez and numerous other targets and replace them with shit like Young and Valencia.

You just don't leave a club you love just as pre-season comes around and the season starts in just a month's time. Poor form by Conte. He knew what the job entailed.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Thank God Im going on holidays tomorrow.
Holy shit.

This came our if nowhere.

I've always said that Conte was by far the mist important part of our current team. More important than Vidal, than Pogba, than anyone.

I said that we could swallow the departure if every single one of our players, as ling as he stays, but if he leaves so help us god.

Let's hope I was wrong.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
like you ever gave a flying fuck
You know that self very good.

I support juve and don't cry cos someone important leaves. No one is bigger then the club. I don't know what happened but apparently conte thinks this is the best for juve. Who are we to judge about that.

Juventus :theflag:

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Yeah... which players want to join a club without a coach? However, Conte was one of the reasons players came to us after all. So, $#@! him, maybe, but definitely $#@! the management.
Are you retarded or what? What I said is Conte shouldn't go mental just because we're selling one player to reinvest it. Scenario like this: Selling Vidal, buying Sanchez/Cuadrado and going with his 433 he demanded. Asa moved to the middle and Evra as LB. It's no perfect but we can't take anymore loans. We've record 40m loss last season and Conte had a huge impact on this because of early CL exit which cost us ~25m.

The board and the leadership of this club has no loyalty so how can it be expected to trickle down?? Blame Conte all you want but the reasoning behind his exit is a direct result of the poor management from the leadership of this club.
And Conte just showed his loyalty too. He knew everything and should have left in May. Now we're fucked because of him.

Can't get through CL group stage. Get knocked out by Mancini's Gala.

Demand Ronaldo and Messi.

Quit when they don't arrive.

Good luck in the future Antonio and thank you for doing your part in our 3 straight titles. I will not miss your ego though.
Pretty much this. People here refuse to put ANY blame on Conte though.

Roberto Mancini, Max Allegri and Luciano Spalletti are the favourites to replace Antonio Conte
OMFG :sergio:

it's russian roulette with one major difference, it's fully loaded.
Lol, that's a perfect statement. So true.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
United fan in peace here. I have a great admiration for Italian football, Juventus and its history and it is a shame to see what Serie A and giants like Milan and Juventus have come to.

But in terms of Conte, from a neutral's perspective it seems clear that Vidal/Pogba will be sold and it's why he's left and I think that that is an absolute cop out. Anyone with any knowledge of Juventus and the state of Italian football knows that it is in a bad shape and that the lure of the Premier League/La Liga + realistic chance of winning the Champions League + 100% salary increase is just something Juventus can't offer. He knew what he was getting himself into and what he was already managing.

Great managers stick through the rough no matter what out of pure loyalty to the club and their fans. Wenger did it, despite being courted by Juve/Madrid/France, throughout the 00's and Ferguson did it after having to sell Ronaldo and miss out on Tevez and numerous other targets and replace them with $#@! like Young and Valencia.

You just don't leave a club you love just as pre-season comes around and the season starts in just a month's time. Poor form by Conte. He knew what the job entailed.
100% payrise? italian wages are net not gross so vidal would need to get paid 20m a season to get a 100% payrise cause he is getting around 9-10 mil gross here. i give u the cl but seriously it can be won by just one club a year... tooked madrid 10 years to win it again..

Apr 29, 2006
To all those people saying that Conte was to blame you are really not thinking straight, are you?

If he wanted to leave he would have left and would be on the Manchester or Barcelona bench by now. I can guarantee you that much!!! I wouldn't be too surprised if he is somewhere there bu the winter, because everyone saw what he achieved with this squad.

People talking about our exit from the CL are the most pathetic bunch and the winner is a guy that said this coach wanted Ronaldo and Messi (MikeM?). That must have been it Mikey, you are a genius!!!

And the reaction of our president is as good a confirmation as it gets he wasn't unprepared. I'd bet it was a decision to tell him NOW we are doing/not doing this and leave him in a position of a passenger in this car. I guess that gamble didn't pay out as expected.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013

Great managers stick through the rough no matter what out of pure loyalty to the club and their fans. Wenger did it, despite being courted by Juve/Madrid/France, throughout the 00's and Ferguson did it after having to sell Ronaldo and miss out on Tevez and numerous other targets and replace them with shit like Young and Valencia.

Yep he could have easily stayed another season after only signing that extension in May. He left us at a very bad time it has to be said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 314)