Antonio Conte (360 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nov 1, 2002
United fan in peace here. I have a great admiration for Italian football, Juventus and its history and it is a shame to see what Serie A and giants like Milan and Juventus have come to.

But in terms of Conte, from a neutral's perspective it seems clear that Vidal/Pogba will be sold and it's why he's left and I think that that is an absolute cop out. Anyone with any knowledge of Juventus and the state of Italian football knows that it is in a bad shape and that the lure of the Premier League/La Liga + realistic chance of winning the Champions League + 100% salary increase is just something Juventus can't offer. He knew what he was getting himself into and what he was already managing.

Great managers stick through the rough no matter what out of pure loyalty to the club and their fans. Wenger did it, despite being courted by Juve/Madrid/France, throughout the 00's and Ferguson did it after having to sell Ronaldo and miss out on Tevez and numerous other targets and replace them with shit like Young and Valencia.

You just don't leave a club you love just as pre-season comes around and the season starts in just a month's time. Poor form by Conte. He knew what the job entailed.
the board accepted his decision. its like they can finally work in peace. and sell our stars

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
United fan in peace here. I have a great admiration for Italian football, Juventus and its history and it is a shame to see what Serie A and giants like Milan and Juventus have come to.

But in terms of Conte, from a neutral's perspective it seems clear that Vidal/Pogba will be sold and it's why he's left and I think that that is an absolute cop out. Anyone with any knowledge of Juventus and the state of Italian football knows that it is in a bad shape and that the lure of the Premier League/La Liga + realistic chance of winning the Champions League + 100% salary increase is just something Juventus can't offer. He knew what he was getting himself into and what he was already managing.

Great managers stick through the rough no matter what out of pure loyalty to the club and their fans. Wenger did it, despite being courted by Juve/Madrid/France, throughout the 00's and Ferguson did it after having to sell Ronaldo and miss out on Tevez and numerous other targets and replace them with $#@! like Young and Valencia.

You just don't leave a club you love just as pre-season comes around and the season starts in just a month's time. Poor form by Conte. He knew what the job entailed.
Both Vidal and Pogba are happy here and have gone on record to say that. If they leave it was the board's decision so Conte has every right to be pissed, especially if promises were broken. It's not unrealistic at all for him to think Juve can keep both Pogba and Vidal.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
To all those people saying that Conte was to blame you are really not thinking straight, are you?

If he wanted to leave he would have left and would be on the Manchester or Barcelona bench by now. I can guarantee you that much!!! I wouldn't be too surprised if he is somewhere there bu the winter, because everyone saw what he achieved with this squad.

People talking about our exit from the CL are the most pathetic bunch and the winner is a guy that said this coach wanted Ronaldo and Messi (MikeM?). That must have been it Mikey, you are a genius!!!

And the reaction of our president is as good a confirmation as it gets he wasn't unprepared. I'd bet it was a decision to tell him NOW we are doing/not doing this and leave him in a position of a passenger in this car. I guess that gamble didn't pay out as expected.
You are a joke son.

reallegends

Jan 12, 2013
I think by the time Juve recover from this blow,we could be 2-3 weeks already into the season.New coach with different tactics will take some time settling in.All depends now on the leaders on the pitch to help us raise our game and withstand the initial months.We have got a great team that is superior in quality to all teams in Serie a,and most teams in the CL.If we keep our current squad,we will definitely achieve success,maybe not what we could have achieved in Conte's fourth,but still good enough to kickstart a new era.FINO ALLA FINE JUVENTUS

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
To all those people saying that Conte was to blame you are really not thinking straight, are you?

If he wanted to leave he would have left and would be on the Manchester or Barcelona bench by now. I can guarantee you that much!!! I wouldn't be too surprised if he is somewhere there bu the winter, because everyone saw what he achieved with this squad.

People talking about our exit from the CL are the most pathetic bunch and the winner is a guy that said this coach wanted Ronaldo and Messi (MikeM?). That must have been it Mikey, you are a genius!!!

And the reaction of our president is as good a confirmation as it gets he wasn't unprepared. I'd bet it was a decision to tell him NOW we are doing/not doing this and leave him in a position of a passenger in this car. I guess that gamble didn't pay out as expected.
quoted for truth x100

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Juve should do a United and bring in a proven big name coach. Look at what that has done for United, a few months ago I'm sure players would be avoiding them like a plague, but now everybody and their mother wants to play for Van Gaal. I hate his guts already and he still hasn't started coaching Manure.

Aug 4, 2009
100% payrise? italian wages are net not gross so vidal would need to get paid 20m a season to get a 100% payrise cause he is getting around 9-10 mil gross here. i give u the cl but seriously it can be won by just one club a year... tooked madrid 10 years to win it again..
Vidal earns 5M Euros, no? That's 75K a week. Is that not gross? Even if that's net and his salary is £150K then United/Madrid/Barcelona would easily offer him £200+K. An increase in 70%ish. Either way, higher salary.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Well that came out of fucking nowhere. He has been threatening this every summer so far, but this is very poor timing.

I'm not going to finger point or knee-jerk, no point at this stage. We've never operated as an all-or-nothing club during our success and won't start now.

enzo

May 14, 2012
Scenario like this: Selling Vidal, buying Sanchez/Cuadrado and going with his 433 he demanded. Asa moved to the middle and Evra as LB.
Seriously? Why the fuck is Sanchez still in your scenario? Sanchez is long gone, with Vidal about to leave. You can blame Conte for a lot, but not for this.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
I seriously hope our managment has their thinking straight and they already have contacts for possible replacements

- - - Updated - - -

And FFS no guidolin , he wouldn't last 2 weeks at juve

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Juve should do a United and bring in a proven big name coach. Look at what that has done for United, a few months ago I'm sure players would be avoiding them like a plague, but now everybody and their mother wants to play for Van Gaal. I hate his guts already and he still hasn't started coaching Manure.
Everyone knows that but it won't happen since:
- no big name coaches are on the market at that moment of the season
- Agnelli and Marotta won't hire someone who can't speak Italian probably

We are doomed.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
So who are we getting?!
My preferences:
1. Hijnecks out of retirement-Not going to happen
2. Klop-But I guess not a possibility
3. Wenger-I doubt he`d leave when Arsenal just buy whoever he wants. Too bad I think he could be a big hit here

Capello is not one of my preferences but I guess he is a possibility...
Prandelli has he signed for anyone? Although I dont want him either...
Scolari- Never rated him as much as others but he could be good for europe...
Allegri - Please no! I rather we play with no coach than play with him as our coach
Mancini - Lucky to be the right coach at the right time nothing better than that
Guaidolin - I remember he was being mentioned as a candidate in the past but I see him too defensive...

So who do you recommend and who do you think will arrive? I think Montella

AlexOB

Apr 2, 2014

Great managers stick through the rough no matter what out of pure loyalty to the club and their fans. Wenger did it, despite being courted by Juve/Madrid/France, throughout the 00's and Ferguson did it after having to sell Ronaldo and miss out on Tevez and numerous other targets and replace them with shit like Young and Valencia.

Did you put Juventus and Milan in the same range? :lol: You did not understand nothing, dude.

And don't talk from above us, cause our Juve would slaughter your United today, Conte or not Conte.

There is still not any report that wither Vidal or Pogba will be sold, except the trash invented in England. We'll see in the next weeks, but I HIGHLY doubt they will be sold, especially after Conte left.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 356)