Antonio Conte (325 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

jakku7

Jun 29, 2011
I seriously hope our managment has their thinking straight and they already have contacts for possible replacements

- - - Updated - - -

And FFS no guidolin , he wouldn't last 2 weeks at juve
If I were to choose from Guidolin, Mancini and Allegri I would pick Guidolid without hesitation.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
While we don't have any further info on this - whether it's an agreement that wasn't fulfilled, what was this agreement, if Vidal is really leaving - this is ALL on Conte.

For now, he is the one who fucked it up. Reports say it is due to mercato, but we didn't hear this from him. And even if it was for the mercato, he could have been expecting Di Maria, without being promised. Can't fault Marotta for now. Reportedly Conte really wanted Morata and Iturbe.

For now, it's all on Conte. Shame on him. He fucked Juventus big time. As far as I know no one pointed a gun at his head and made him sign a fucking contract until 2015.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
Vidal earns 5M Euros, no? That's 75K a week. Is that not gross? Even if that's net and his salary is £150K then United/Madrid/Barcelona would easily offer him £200+K. An increase in 70%ish. Either way, higher salary.
Nope thats net.... Of course he could earn more at other Clubs but he is already gettin some Big wages especially for not a fancy striker.... United? No cl or?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
At the end of the season, he said he stayed. Board and coach made agreements. It didnt go the way the coach wanted ? Well, the coach underachieved in the CL in the first place, causing this financial mess.
Oh yes, plenty of excuses for that, but plenty of counterarguments and most of all, reason for the coach to shut the fuck up about investments.

I refuse to believe we just sold vidal, because we could manage the transfers linked to with less then 20mil net spend

Much more then that, i think its about us not getting top players. But the coach has no say in investments after causing decreased financial power by underachieving

Conte disappoints me. You dont leave a club that has given you so much, in the middle of fucking July. I dont give a shit about what reason he has

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
So if Vidal stays is Conte going to be the bad guy, because we presumably haven't signed someone he wants (Iturbe?). It's nonsense, but you have to have people operating on the same wavelength. Conte is probably as unrealistic as the board is frugal, so you stick to the middle ground or part ways.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Everyone can bash Conte all they want but the fact is that our management and leadership from the club's topmost level will continue to be poor and more terrible and embarrassing things like this will continue to occur.

But please continue to direct your anger at Conte because this is all his fault

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
May 25, 2004
While we don't have any further info on this - whether it's an agreement that wasn't fulfilled, what was this agreement, if Vidal is really leaving - this is ALL on Conte.

For now, he is the one who $#@!ed it up. Reports say it is due to mercato, but we didn't hear this from him. And even if it was for the mercato, he could have been expecting Di Maria, without being promised. Can't fault Marotta for now. Reportedly Conte really wanted Morata and Iturbe.

For now, it's all on Conte. Shame on him. He $#@!ed Juventus big time. As far as I know no one pointed a gun at his head and made him sign a $#@!ing contract until 2015.
Very right. Every fan now is asking why now ? Why not after the scudetto

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
United fan in peace here. I have a great admiration for Italian football, Juventus and its history and it is a shame to see what Serie A and giants like Milan and Juventus have come to.

But in terms of Conte, from a neutral's perspective it seems clear that Vidal/Pogba will be sold and it's why he's left and I think that that is an absolute cop out. Anyone with any knowledge of Juventus and the state of Italian football knows that it is in a bad shape and that the lure of the Premier League/La Liga + realistic chance of winning the Champions League + 100% salary increase is just something Juventus can't offer. He knew what he was getting himself into and what he was already managing.

Great managers stick through the rough no matter what out of pure loyalty to the club and their fans. Wenger did it, despite being courted by Juve/Madrid/France, throughout the 00's and Ferguson did it after having to sell Ronaldo and miss out on Tevez and numerous other targets and replace them with $#@! like Young and Valencia.

You just don't leave a club you love just as pre-season comes around and the season starts in just a month's time. Poor form by Conte. He knew what the job entailed.
This. A club legend don't do this, not like that but you won't convince some here.

Seriously? Why the $#@! is Sanchez still in your scenario? Sanchez is long gone, with Vidal about to leave. You can blame Conte for a lot, but not for this.
Can't you follow one simple sentence? This could be done before Sanchez went to Arsenal, right? We had an agreement with him and it took a while for Arsenal to close the deal. Now it's too late it's true but it could be done. A player like Vidal would quickly found a new club and we'd get huge money for him. Now that Conte's gone I can see MU getting him cheaper actually. Should have sold him before Conte resigned.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
BTW the new coach will definitely be an Italian speaker, so you can look to those mentioned, with Deschamps and outside shot.

If the new coach isn't Mancini I'd be (pleasantly) surprised.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
At the end of the season, he said he stayed. Board and coach made agreements. It didnt go the way the coach wanted ? Well, the coach underachieved in the CL in the first place, causing this financial mess.
Oh yes, plenty of excuses for that, but plenty of counterarguments and most of all, reason for the coach to shut the fuck up about investments.

I refuse to believe we just sold vidal, because we could manage the transfers linked to with less then 20mil net spend

Much more then that, i think its about us not getting top players. But the coach has no say in investments after causing decreased financial power by underachieving

Conte disappoints me. You dont leave a club that has given you so much, in the middle of fucking July. I dont give a shit about what reason he has
So the coach underachieved now? You fucking hypocritical cunt.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
So who are we getting?!
My preferences:
1. Hijnecks out of retirement-Not going to happen
2. Klop-But I guess not a possibility
3. Wenger-I doubt he`d leave when Arsenal just buy whoever he wants. Too bad I think he could be a big hit here

Capello is not one of my preferences but I guess he is a possibility...
Prandelli has he signed for anyone? Although I dont want him either...
Scolari- Never rated him as much as others but he could be good for europe...
Allegri - Please no! I rather we play with no coach than play with him as our coach
Mancini - Lucky to be the right coach at the right time nothing better than that
Guaidolin - I remember he was being mentioned as a candidate in the past but I see him too defensive...

So who do you recommend and who do you think will arrive? I think Montella
This is the strangest thing I've read today!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
For now, he is the one who $#@!ed it up. Reports say it is due to mercato, but we didn't hear this from him. And even if it was for the mercato, he could have been expecting Di Maria, without being promised. Can't fault Marotta for now. Reportedly Conte really wanted Morata and Iturbe.
Exactly. At the end of the season, after he bitched and reunited with the board HE KNEW PRETTY WELL our funds and the players we could get and at what money. This is no rocket science.

He should have resigned right after our scudetto party if he knew that we would not be able to deliver his wishlist. THAT was the right moment to do it, not now. He was doubtful since the very beggining...and life have taught me that if you are unsure of a job...dont fuking take it.

He was in al his right to leave in that moment. Now is complicated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 320)