Antonio Conte (232 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Come on, dude.

Conte has his eyes set on the Champions League, every football fan in the world knows this. He had his ultimatums, got promised some players, but instead the club sells Vidal. Conte is a passionate man of his word, and if the other party can't keep their promise, why should he? I'm crying my eyes out here, but he's right to go when we can't deliver for him. Not only can't we deliver in the transfer market, we are selling THE CLUB'S BEST PLAYER.
This :tup:

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
We don't know what kind of agreement was made between Conte and the board, and if this agreement was not fulfilled.

But if we stay put, and no Vidal or Pogba is gone - Conte is just so fucking plain wrong. Even though it is better to leave now than when he fails in the midst of the season.

Pleaaaaase get me Deschamps.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I'm more than a little perturbed about how he handled this. Whether he realizes this or not, he has potentially $#@!ed the club over for this year and the immediate future with his timing in all of this.

I don't begrudge him for leaving, whatever the reason, but he could have done this sooner.

All transfer negotiations will have to be put on hold until the can find a new coach. Then, once that coach is found, they need to figure out what players to get to fit his style. And that is without even taking into consideration the players already on the club, who let's face it, were absolutely blindsided by all of this. Chances are, the stars will probably want to leave unless a really really good coach comes in.

And for those who are saying that the sale of Vidal was the catalyst for this, get a grip. As of right now, as of the time of the resignation, Vidal is still a Juve player, and there is no way no how any of us are going to find out if that was discussed when Conte tendered his resignation. So we don't know that for sure, and if Vidal leaves now, it will most certainly be after Conte left, not vice versa.

For a man who claims to love his club so much, he sure has put them in an awful way. There is blame to be spread all the way around here.

Regardless. You don't do this now. You don't do this to a club that you grew up in, played for over a decade, became a captain, and then coach. This is totally different than the Bari situation. This isn't even close. This man has a storied history with this club. You don't do this like that. If you were that unhappy, then leave in May. Not now. Does he even realize that the club he loves so much, he has basically left it in ruins?
Like I said, I don't begrudge him for leaving, but if he were that unhappy, he should have left in May, when the red flags were up.

You don't do this now. This club is in a really bad situation now because of this.

Voice of reason right now.
It all started with is drama at the end of the season. If he was so fued up he should have left in that moment. Even if he is going out because of sanchez or something Vidal related.... this is really a fuked up moment to do it.

I SERIOUSLY son wanna judge him right now because we dont know whats going on...but SRLY CONTE WTF??????

Apr 29, 2006
Vidal being sold or not, Conte shouldn't have left us in this mess.
What about the dozen people that are actually HIGHER in our club hierarchy? What about selling coach's favorite player for peanuts and informing him that we will give him two youngsters instead so we can finally reach those CL semis?

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Then he should have left in May. That's my point. He's been complaining about the economic situation in Italy for 2 years now. He knows what the deal is. He knew what the consequences would have been if a club that he coached, could not get out of the group stage in CL.

It's not like he woke up one day and just realized all of this.
Again thumbs up to you :tup:

Seriously , he leaves us in a shitty sitaution . If he had left early even in the mercato we may have behaved differentlly , foccusing on the needs and the formation to be used by the new coach . Now we may have bought players that the new coach may find useless , or worst , we halt all current deals to wait for the new coach and than panic buy in the last moment

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Come on, guys. Where do you see that it's because of Marotta, Agnelli or Conte. It's too early to draw conclusions. We don't know the full story. This is fucking sad and horrible for the club, but at least wait a second before you blame everyone.

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
Yup.

We either couldn't sign someone or we're selling someone.

Either way, it's Juventus to take the blame.
it´s not that easy imo. i don´t know who he expected us to sign but it should have been clear a long time ago that we won´t be able to give him di maria, cuadrado and sanchez or something similar...
and i´m sure he knew about the players we are after right now. their names had been out there for weeks.
i hate to say it but imo a vidal sale is the most likely reason for him to resign and if that´s the case i wouldn´t blame him at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 223)