Antonio Conte (147 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #35,223
    Then he should have left in May. That's my point. He's been complaining about the economic situation in Italy for 2 years now. He knows what the deal is. He knew what the consequences would have been if a club that he coached, could not get out of the group stage in CL.

It's not like he woke up one day and just realized all of this.
    How do you know that we were not in talks with some player until now, and got rejected? What if our board decided to sell Vidal today? He has EVERY reason to leave IF our board fucked him up with fake promises.

IF being a key word.

My point is that people should stop talking when they know nothing. IMO it's obvious that Conte wouldn't leave just because.

Völler

Always spot on
    May 6, 2012
    How do you know that we were not in talks with some player until now, and got rejected? What if our board decided to sell Vidal today? He has EVERY reason to leave IF our board fucked him up with fake promises.

IF being a key word.

My point is that people should stop talking when they know nothing. IMO it's obvious that Conte wouldn't leave just because.
    Dule for life. :tup:

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
    Nov 8, 2005
    Why. Why do this now. In the middle of the transfer season, when pre-season is starting.

If this were 6 weeks ago it is a totally different story, but this is just a horrible way to go out.
    Chances are he was aware of what the team was planning to do and didn't agree with it but wasn't ready to make the big step earlier. Can be like that sometimes with decisions as tough as this one - it takes time to really make up your mind, unsure of what the right thing to do really is. Juve is the team of his heart, so I can't imagine for him it was just a matter of packing his bags.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
    You have no idea what you're talking about. Do you think Conte planned all this along to fuck us in the middle of July? No. Something came up right now. We're probably gonna hear that Vidal was sold tomorrow.
    No one knows what they're talking about just yet.

I'm just sick to my stomach and raging hard right now.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #35,229
    it´s not that easy imo. i don´t know who he expected us to sign but it should have been clear a long time ago that we won´t be able to give him di maria, cuadrado and sanchez or something similar...
    and i´m sure he knew about the players we are after right now. their names had been out there for weeks.
    i hate to say it but imo a vidal sale is the most likely reason for him to resign and if that´s the case i wouldn´t blame him at all.
    On a website. I'm pretty sure Conte is not reading what is Di Marzio saying.

I don't blame him if it's transfer related, not at all, especially if Vidal is leaving.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
    I have all the faith in the board to do whats best for Juve, Conte was not perfect and he wont be the last good coach to lead us to victory. I thank Conte for everything he done for us in the last 3 years and wish him nothing but the best unless he goes to Inter then i want him to fail hard.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    Then he should have left in May. That's my point. He's been complaining about the economic situation in Italy for 2 years now. He knows what the deal is. He knew what the consequences would have been if a club that he coached, could not get out of the group stage in CL.

It's not like he woke up one day and just realized all of this.
    I think you're wrong. If he really wanted to leave he would left like 2 months ago. He has no reason to leave now but obviously something has came up, which is probably the sale of Vidal.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

IF being a key word.

I'll take your advice, but maybe you should listen to it too then, because no matter how you slice it, him leaving now puts the club that we all love in serious jeopardy.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
    Jul 10, 2009
    Conte was probably promised an intact squad with the addition of a couple of quality players in May by Marotta and Agnelli and now with Vidal (most likely) leaving. He feels like he's been bumrushed by Mandingo.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
    May 27, 2009
    Chances are he was aware of what the team was planning to do and didn't agree with it but wasn't ready to make the big step earlier. Can be like that sometimes with decisions as tough as this one - it takes time to really make up your mind, unsure of what the right thing to do really is. Juve is the team of his heart, so I can't imagine for him it was just a matter of packing his bags.
    Yep. Something must have happened in the last few days which he didn't agree with. It's got to be Vidal.

chester

Too busy to bother
    May 20, 2006
    You guys sound like it's the end of the world. The club existed, and won, before Conte, you know. Coaches and players come and go.
    Yeah, but we were 7th when he joined, and the year after, we were champions, not even with a stong team.
    No every coach can do that.

This indeed sounds like bye bye Vidal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 147)