Antonio Conte (145 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Basically boards wants to turn us into a new Roma were players and other teams can just come in and take our best players while we cash in and rebuild while Conte wanted to run like an actual big club and not rebuild when you have the best at your disposal.

Times have changed, in the bigger picture we're nothing but a small club that can't compete.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
This must be related to Vidal being sold. Conte couldn't have resigned now for no reason. No way. If he had already made up his mind, he would have not started training with the players yesterday. Something came up right now.

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #35,185
    This must be related to Vidal being sold. Conte couldn't have resigned now for no reason. No way. If he had already made up his mind, he would have not started training with the players yesterday. Something came up right now.
    Yup.

We either couldn't sign someone or we're selling someone.

Either way, it's Juventus to take the blame.

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
    May 25, 2004
    I support Conte in this one, the same way I supported Del Piero when he was axed. There is something very wrong with this club and even though the titles are coming things that are equally important are being destroyed.

If our directors think this won't leave a deep imprint on the image of the club towards fans AND PLAYERS, they better think about it some more.
    Delpiero as coach anyone .?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    We don't know the full story.

Maybe he wanted us to sign some player and we can't pull it off. I'm sure reason is a lot bigger than presented. It's not like HEY IM OUT!

He said many times he needs better player. We obviously can't provide that. He has higher ambition.
    Then he should have left in May. That's my point. He's been complaining about the economic situation in Italy for 2 years now. He knows what the deal is. He knew what the consequences would have been if a club that he coached, could not get out of the group stage in CL.

It's not like he woke up one day and just realized all of this.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
    If they sell Vidal for 44M a big FUCK on all of them. Conte did the right thing to leave.

You sell your best player to fund overpaying for unproven young players??? What the fuck???

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    I support Conte in this one, the same way I supported Del Piero when he was axed. There is something very wrong with this club and even though the titles are coming things that are equally important are being destroyed.

If our directors think this won't leave a deep imprint on the image of the club towards fans AND PLAYERS, they better think about it some more.
    This

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005
    Vidal being sold or not, Conte shouldn't have left us in this mess.
    Come on, dude.

Conte has his eyes set on the Champions League, every football fan in the world knows this. He had his ultimatums, got promised some players, but instead the club sells Vidal. Conte is a passionate man of his word, and if the other party can't keep their promise, why should he? I'm crying my eyes out here, but he's right to go when we can't deliver for him. Not only can't we deliver in the transfer market, we are selling THE CLUB'S BEST PLAYER.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
    This is the most likely reason .

Buffon:"It was unexpected, a bolt out of the blue.The reason? I don’t know yet, I didn’t talk to him, I’ll do it as soon as possible"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 142)