Antonio Conte (384 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
bayern:
07/08 -88mio (spent on players), -52mio net (after selling players)
08/09 0, +11
09/10 -75, -52
10/11 -17, -11
11/12 -50, -45
12/13 -70, -70
13/14 -62, -23

as always around here: completely ignoring wages ;)

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
We aren't capable of adapting that model yet... we went to Serie B a couple years ago.. and after that we had a couple of years without european football..

we are on our way... but we can't pay our debts yet... but if you look at our debt you can clearly see that it isn't rising that fast anymore... with our new jersey deal on the way and having a couple of very good players on our team, i'd say we have done a very good job, but aren't close to being a BVB/Bayern type of club yet... (debt free etc.)

Mar 9, 2006
bayern:
07/08 -88mio (spent on players), -52mio net (after selling players)
08/09 0, +11
09/10 -75, -52
10/11 -17, -11
11/12 -50, -45
12/13 -70, -70
13/14 -62, -23

as always around here: completely ignoring wages ;)
Who cares about wages? They can afford it because of their economical model

- - - Updated - - -

We aren't capable of adapting that model yet... we went to Serie B a couple years ago.. and after that we had a couple of years without european football..

we are on our way... but we can't pay our debts yet... but if you look at our debt you can clearly see that it isn't rising that fast anymore... with our new jersey deal on the way and having a couple of very good players on our team, i'd say we have done a very good job, but aren't close to being a BVB/Bayern type of club yet... (debt free etc.)
Serie b excuse :touched: conte'sstyle :lol:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Juventino[RUS];4562537 said:
Serie b excuse :touched: conte'sstyle :lol:
Serie B affected us massively from a financial POV, don't be a dumb dumb.

In 2005-06 we were 3rd in terms of turnover, close behind the Spaniards, the next season we have lost €100m and are down in 12th, that takes a lot to return from.

Jul 13, 2010
you are welcome to either give us that figure or google it, but i know they splashed some 80 mil the summer they won it with 40 mil going to the capture of one player, gosh i wonder when was the last time we spent more than 20 mil on one player.
it was four years ago, we bought diego and melo both for 25M, combining 50M, Exor funded us (as some explained in the Sanchez thread), now we have what we get basically

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
it was four years ago, we bought diego and melo both for 25M, combining 50M, Exor funded us (as some explained in the Sanchez thread), now we have what we get basically
Exor needed to because we would have slipped well off the radar, now it's only right we are self-sufficient.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
then we can safelly say it's unfair every other strong club is not behaving like that... or they generate thrice as much as we...
They kind of do at a certain point, like how Chelsea are now or how Man City have started to do it, but PSG look to be different. It's the initial investment to bring the club up to scratch that rocks the market. PSG already have a strong team but are throwing money and players around like toys.

Jul 13, 2010
They kind of do at a certain point, like how Chelsea are now or how Man City have started to do it, but PSG look to be different. It's the initial investment to bring the club up to scratch that rocks the market. PSG already have a strong team but are throwing money and players around like toys.
so what, if anything, tempts players to go there besides good money? They're all talking about 'the project', like we had here some years back. WC players tend to believe in money, they believe it brings trophies, and it's just no way out of this, apparently

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
We splashed cash around on players post-calciopoli but never invested in a proper coach to manage and utilize the talent we put together. I feel like now its the opposite although not entirely true.

samfisher5

Jan 30, 2013
I wish people would stop comparing us to Atletico and Dortmund... We're not built on a similar model to those teams. If we were, we'd have already sold Pogba and Vidal and replaced them with young prospects that have a 50/50 shot (or more accurately 25/75) of turning out. We'd have sold most of out players that would turn a profit. That's not the model we're trying to build. That leads to having maybe two or three years of results every so often when a good run of prospects comes through and develops well. Then you have the flip side. 5 years of obscurity. Atletico might sell half their team and come 5th in La Liga next year. They went out in the round of 32 Europa last year, to Anzhi. Dortmund's success might end up a little more sustainable as they seem to at least spend a little in replacing sold stars, but even they are not built to be a team that contends every year. You don't constantly sell your best players if that is the goal. Especially not after a single season of performance. If we go for this model, sure we might make a UCL final, even win, but we also are likely to not even qualify for the UCL half the years as it is very hit or miss whether a young player will actually live up to potential. We're trying to work toward a model of sustainable success where QFs are minimum every year, and we never finish outside top 3 in Italy, where players don't see us as a development club and a stepping stone like they definitely see Atletico and Dortmund. This takes time. We're likely 2-3 years away from being where we want to be in terms of financial power and stability. And then sustained European (and domestic) success which Dortmund and Atletico don't have, will arrive. I'd say patience is a virtue, yet here, it would likely fall on deaf ears. Calling Conte a pussy for being a realist is beyond inane. He knows we're 2-3 years from joining that top tier of 5-6 clubs in Europe that are considered UCL favourites every year. Saying so, isn't being defeatist, it's called honesty, and I appreciate it in a coach. If you think our players don't already know this and will be discouraged by Conte's words, you are crazy. They have signed on as well, for a long term project, I'm pretty sure they all know we are not currently a top 5-6 club in the world. They also all know that this is what we are working toward.

- - - Updated - - -
I wish you would finally stop making excuses for Conte's obvious inability.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Our squad is fine to reach the quarters of the CL, the problem is Conte's poor choice of tactics which has cost us this season in the CL. We have world class players in midfield and defence. We have 2 very good strikers so the excuse we dont have the players is a load of bullshit. I am actually starting to believe Conte is insane, the definition of insanity is to repeat the same thing over and over again and expect different results.

Look at our corners all short and half the time they end up going back to the goal keeper but Conte is convinced this works when the evidence shows it does not. He has not once put his hands up and said he was to blame for the CL elimination this season, instead he blamed it on the ref, the players and the pitch. Now sure the frozen kebab pitch did not help but it was not the only reason we went out.

Then in the EL he blamed the ref when we did not score a single goal against a poor Benfica team at home. That is not the ref's fault we cant put the ball in the back of the net tbh.

I'm getting sick of his attitude and this we dont have the money and the team has gone as far it could have gone is crazy. That team was more than good enough to reach the quarter finals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 380)