Antonio Conte (149 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
I remember him saying all through the 2011/2012 season that we didn't have the ability nor were we aspiring to win the title despite the fact that we were leading the table for most of the season. Maybe after he saw this worked he decided to use the same psychological strategy for the Champions League.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Juventino[RUS];4562201 said:
Does he really said that with current squad it's impossible to win CL? If so, then i really hope he will not be here for 15/16 season
Of course he doesn't think it is literally impossible. Strange things happen. He's saying that we are not considered to be part of that top tier of 5-6 clubs that at the start of UCL season will be favoured to make the final. And this is certainly true. We could get very lucky, yes, but it would be a massive surprise to the entire football world if we won the UCL next year. Just as no one in their right mind would have predicted Atletico playing in the final, or even the semifinal, this year.

Mar 9, 2006
It's Pussy mentality, go on the field and give your best, do not cry to the fucking journalists with bullshit like we are construction site, we were unlucky, we have No money bla bla bla, it's unacceptable, recently conte has found his own way to explain his mistakes, universal excuse - no money, juve won - praise players, they are phenomenal, Juve lost - don't blame me we have no money, fuck this shit, enough of this crap, and now he is arguing with John through the media :sergio:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
atletico won? when? porto and pool were before the likes of city and psg upped the ante, no sir no team will win the CL unless they spend and spend, this is just the reality.
Back then or 10 years ago, 60-70m were like 100m today, just like in 10-15 years from now, 150m will be like 100m today for money power clubs.

Regarding your first question:

- Aging Milan or dinosaur team like we used to call them, reached the final couple of times when Berlusconi was buying one world class player a season and that's it.

- Porto obvious one.

- Barcelona didn't spend much either on transfers but yeah they build a team from their youth system.

- Manchester United, I don't remember them spending 100m, if anything they were in deep financial problem.

- Atletico (2min away from winning, no one can deny that)

Many other examples.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the contrary to this subject, Real have spend if I remember correctly somewhere around 900m close to 1billion to only manage to win the CL one time in the last 11 years.

PSG last couple of seasons couldn't reach the semi's and most likely wont reach the final next couple of years too no matter how much they spend.

Manchester City? Not much to say.

Like I said, money can be vital but it's no guarantee CL trophy.

- - - Updated - - -

First things first, we didn't get out of the group stage last season, we've signed no one and now we are getting upset because Conte says be realistic about the CL.
Man, take a look at this squad again and tell me if fans are right to be upset or not and even if we signed no one.

Buffon

Barza - Bonucci - Chiellini

Lich - Vidal - Pirlo - Pogba - Asamoa

Llorente - Tevez

Do you need more than these quality players to make it to the 2nd round? I don't think the problem is with the quality of the squad but rather of the wrong mentality TBH.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
very true from azzurri, money is not vital, it just helps
Of course it helps, instead of Bonaventura we could be after Di Maria.

And I see people still mixing passing the group stages with winning the CL.

And no shit, we should pass the groups FFS, that's the very minimum.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Back then or 10 years ago, 60-70m were like 100m today, just like in 10-15 years from now, 150m will be like 100m today for money power clubs.

Regarding your first question:

- Aging Milan or dinosaur team like we used to call them, reached the final couple of times when Berlusconi was buying one world class player a season and that's it.

- Porto obvious one.

- Barcelona didn't spend much either on transfers but yeah they build a team from their youth system.

- Manchester United, I don't remember them spending 100m, if anything they were in deep financial problem.

- Atletico (2min away from winning, no one can deny that)

Many other examples.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the contrary to this subject, Real have spend if I remember correctly somewhere around 900m close to 1billion to only manage to win the CL one time in the last 11 years.

PSG last couple of seasons couldn't reach the semi's and most likely wont reach the final next couple of years too no matter how much they spend.

Manchester City? Not much to say.

Like I said, money can be vital but it's no guarantee CL trophy.

- - - Updated - - -

Man, take a look at this squad again and tell me if fans are right to be upset or not and even if we signed no one.

Buffon

Barza - Bonucci - Chiellini

Lich - Vidal - Pirlo - Pogba - Asamoa

Llorente - Tevez

Do you need more than these quality players to make it to the 2nd round? I don't think the problem is with the quality of the squad but rather of the wrong mentality TBH.

i have addressed those examples in my reply to dule, except for fc we buy 30 mil euro rightback barcelona it's a joke to compare what we invest with them. as for your statement "Like I said, money can be vital but it's no guarantee CL trophy." it has no bearing on the conversation just like making it to the 2nd round.

The fact, not opinion or interpretation, stands that since man city/psg entered the scene, only teams with real heavy investment win the CL.

- - - Updated - - -

very true from azzurri, money is not vital, it just helps
wrong, both on how you quoted azzurri and that money is vital but there can only be one winner so 5 will invest heavily but 1 will win.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
you are welcome to either give us that figure or google it, but i know they splashed some 80 mil the summer they won it with 40 mil going to the capture of one player, gosh i wonder when was the last time we spent more than 20 mil on one player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 141)