Antonio Conte (82 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
The successful coach has laughed off suggestions that the Old Lady can challenge the European top next season

Juventus coach Antonio Conte does not believe that the Serie A champions have any chance of winning the Champions League next season.

The Turin giants failed to get out of the group stages in 2013-14 after they were eliminated in the quarter-finals the previous season and Conte feels it will be a while before they are ready to challenge for the European title again.

"Winning the Champions League? I am not joking anyone. I respect the fans," Conte told reporters.

"If you ask me whether Juventus can win the Champions League again at some point, I will say yes. But if you ask me whether the current Juventus can win it, I'm afraid I have to say no.

"Do you have to dream about something before being able to realise it? I would like to win everything, including the Champions League. I still have an entire career ahead of me.

"We must work hard. It's important to wake up and see the reality rather than dream. You have to understand that it's not easy to win the Champions League."

Juventus last won the Champions League in 1996, when they beat Ajax on penalties.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
That mentality way before the competition even started.

He believes this way he's giving the right message of how realistic he is and in-case he achieves or goes far in CL so everyone can praise and hail him when in-fact he's got a squad that can come up against any team but he's too afraid of failure.

Yes, I think Conte is too afraid of failure and that's why he keeps knocking himself out of Europe before it even starts.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
He believes this way he's giving the right message of how realistic he is and in-case he achieves or goes far in CL so everyone can praise and hail him when in-fact he's got a squad that can come up against any team but he's too afraid of failure.

Yes, I think Conte is too afraid of failure and that's why he keeps knocking himself out of Europe before it even starts.
Finally someone agrees with me when I talk about pussy mentality. I never doubted his ability or tactics and I always believed that he can do wonders with this team but this, this cowardice really annoys me.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Finally someone agrees with me when I talk about pussy mentality. I never doubted his ability or tactics and I always believed that he can do wonders with this team but this, this cowardice really annoys me.
If he thinks that he needs a better squad to beat Galatasaray, Danish teams, Benfica and the likes of Dortmund and Atletico Madrid who have done more with similar squad to Juve's if not weaker then he definitely has the pussy mentality.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
The successful coach has laughed off suggestions that the Old Lady can challenge the European top next season

Juventus coach Antonio Conte does not believe that the Serie A champions have any chance of winning the Champions League next season.

The Turin giants failed to get out of the group stages in 2013-14 after they were eliminated in the quarter-finals the previous season and Conte feels it will be a while before they are ready to challenge for the European title again.

"Winning the Champions League? I am not joking anyone. I respect the fans," Conte told reporters.

"If you ask me whether Juventus can win the Champions League again at some point, I will say yes. But if you ask me whether the current Juventus can win it, I'm afraid I have to say no.

"Do you have to dream about something before being able to realise it? I would like to win everything, including the Champions League. I still have an entire career ahead of me.

"We must work hard. It's important to wake up and see the reality rather than dream. You have to understand that it's not easy to win the Champions League."

Juventus last won the Champions League in 1996, when they beat Ajax on penalties.
That mentality way before the competition even started.

:delpiero:

Fuck you for this, Jacques.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

Disappointed with this, and he tends to repeat it quite often. Our players must be full of confidence after reading this.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
:delpiero:

Fuck you for this, Jacques.
:D

You do criticize him but I don't recall you ever mentioned the fear he has and spreads in the squad. I mostly see you complain about the squad in general and the formation. I don't care about the shape of the team as much as the mentality to approach games with and as for the squad, I believe we have a very good collection of individuals that can be brilliant by themselves and coherent enough to do a collective top of the notch display.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 78)