Antonio Conte (105 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Or as weak as one of his, he won ChL with Porto.
That's at least debatable, considering the personnel and European experience he had there.

But Porto is a good marker, just like Atlético almost were, because amongst all the big money teams sometimes a less affluent one can win. That's what we will aim for, but Conte isn't kidding fans saying the CL is our target. This team is build for the QF with extra as a bonus, we are not a PSG or Real Madrid who are being built to win the competition.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
That's at least debatable, considering the personnel and European experience he had there.

But Porto is a good marker, just like Atlético almost were, because amongst all the big money teams sometimes a less affluent one can win. That's what we will aim for, but Conte isn't kidding fans saying the CL is our target. This team is build for the QF with extra as a bonus, we are not a PSG or Real Madrid who are being built to win the competition.
No one expected him to say that neither.

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
conte's comments irritate the fvck out of me....he speaks like david moyes at times...

how on earth then will we convince our top ambitious players like vidal or pogba to stay if their own coach doesnt see them competing for top honours anytime soon? if this is the 'reality' thant conte subscribes to how can we be sure he is putting out the best possible effort to coach this team? especially seeign that he hasnt renewed and in his mind its probably his last season next season...if u do intend on leaving conte dont say shit to contaminate our players thoughts against this club in this 'pity year' that you will be spending here before you move on..not fair man

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Conte hasn't coached a team as strong as Mourinho's in the CL.
Porto? This Chelsea?

Why not? I don't understand.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Why not? I don't understand.
Because the CL isn't our target, not really. We want to win it, just like I want a Ferrari, and we will play to win it, but we realise we are not one of the strongest teams or favourites. We could win it with a great run of form, favourable draw, poor match circumstances for opponents etc, but there is no point in saying to the fans that our aim is to win the CL. I don't believe that for a second, there are simply teams with better players and vastly more experience in the competition. Yet we won't be entering the competition to lose, you play to win, that's what sportsmen do. See the reasons above. If we were to win it we would as a considerable underdog.

Why does Conte do this? See my previous post, and look at what happened to us this season. Meltdown.

'We are Juventus' means nothing in the modern game, new money has skewed football and made it harder, there are so many teams who can afford very good players. We are not one of those teams, so we are trying to overachieve to win the CL, is it not par for us, or a regular target (I won't say expectation, because there are several teams at a very strong level and they can't all win it).

People need to face the reality of this, Juventus are not one of the current heavyweights, we are trying to build our team back to that level.

On a personal level I'm not someone who needs to hear nice things to feel appreciative, our squad come the end of the transfer window will be a good indicator as to what we can do.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Because the CL isn't our target, not really. We want to win it, just like I want a Ferrari, and we will play to win it, but we realise we are not one of the strongest teams or favourites. We could win it with a great run of form, favourable draw, poor match circumstances for opponents etc, but there is no point in saying to the fans that our aim is to win the CL. I don't believe that for a second, there are simply teams with better players and vastly more experience in the competition. Yet we won't be entering the competition to lose, you play to win, that's what sportsmen do. See the reasons above. If we were to win it we would as a considerable underdog.
Since when CL isn't a target? Just because money wise PSG, City, Bayern and Real are above? Because if I'm looking on a squad level there isn't much difference and only couple of teams maximum three are superior if you ask me. So why exactly shouldn't CL be Conte's target? I don't understand this weak mentality.

There's no point either saying you can't win the CL if you're part of it and specially if you're the coach of Juventus (biggest team in Italy) whether Serie A has changed or not you can't coach Juventus and accept the fact that you are playing in CL just for the sake of it. Why would Porto win it? Why Liverpool would reach the finals couple of times when they sucked in EPL? Why would Dortmund trash 500m Real Madrid squad? Why would Atletico eliminate Barca and why can't Conte believe in reaching the final? I can't find any other reason other than he fears failure.

Seriously, this "we are trying to build a team for the future" statement has already expired. Money can vital, but at the same time it is proved that you don't need to spend 100m a year to win CL.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

Why does Conte do this? See my previous post, and look at what happened to us this season. Meltdown.

'We are Juventus' means nothing in the modern game, new money has skewed football and made it harder, there are so many teams who can afford very good players. We are not one of those teams, so we are trying to overachieve to win the CL, is it not par for us, or a regular target (I won't say expectation, because there are several teams at a very strong level and they can't all win it).

People need to face the reality of this, Juventus are not one of the current heavyweights, we are trying to build our team back to that level.

On a personal level I'm not someone who needs to hear nice things to feel appreciative, our squad come the end of the transfer window will be a good indicator as to what we can do.
:tup:

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
It's really annoying seeing Conte repeting this every other day.

He should show more ambition. He doesn't have to say we will win it.

He's practically saying we have no chance at winning it. And this is just not true. If you look to Atletico this year and at Juve - compare the players. You'll see that talent wise it's balanced.

We have arguably 2 CMs who are at least top5 in the world. Pirlo is a guy who can make a difference. Marchisio is perfect for rotation purposes.

Tevez and Llorente aren't WC, but they are close to it. Very very good players.

Asamoah has clearly become a WC player. Licht is a WC RB. Chiellini and mainly Barzagli can be considered top10-15 CBs in the world. Buffon has had his best season in a while, seemingly rejuvenated and putting himself among the best in Europe again.

We have great role players like Caceres, Marchisio, Vuci, Quagliarella.

I mean, come on. This team, if well trained, with the right tactical approach and rotation, and with a good bit of luck, could make CL semis. It wouldn't be such a huge upset as Conte makes it look like.

Take Atletico Madrid players before last season and compare them to Juve players in the beginning of last season. Simeone had the perfect tactical approach, leadership and some awesome fitness work from the staff. He took everything he got from his team. Juve's squad has definitely a similar potential.

It's not like the globe would stop spinning if Juve wins a CL with this team.

In England, only Chelsea and arguably City have better players/squad talent-wise.

In Spain, Madrid and Barcelona. In Germany, Bayern. In France, PSG.

We are definitely top 8 in Europe if you consider players individual quality. Come on, Conte. He wouldn't raise false expectations if he was more optimistic and showed more confidence in Europe. This way, it only looks natural that we get fucked up. And this speech won't release him from any responsibility in case of failling again. It just annoys the supporters and weakens the players' confidence.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Since when CL isn't a target? Just because money wise PSG, City, Bayern and Real are above? Because if I'm looking on a squad level there isn't much difference and only couple of teams maximum three are superior if you ask me. So why exactly shouldn't CL be Conte's target? I don't understand this weak mentality.

There's no point either saying you can't win the CL if you're part of it and specially if you're the coach of Juventus (biggest team in Italy) whether Serie A has changed or not you can't coach Juventus and accept the fact that you are playing in CL just for the sake of it. Why would Porto win it? Why Liverpool would reach the finals couple of times when they sucked in EPL? Why would Dortmund trash 500m Real Madrid squad? Why would Atletico eliminate Barca and why can't Conte believe in reaching the final? I can't find any other reason other than he fears failure.

Seriously, this "we are trying to build a team for the future" statement has already expired. Money can vital, but at the same time it is proved that you don't need to spend 100m a year to win CL.
:tup:

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011

Can't agree with you there. Individually Juve has great players, a few WC ones, a lot of very good players, good rotation players.

Talent wise, considering the players only, and mainly the starting 11, we are at least top10 in Europe.

Dreaming of buying a Ferrari is not a good comparison IMO. Because if you think about some of the great players we have, talent wise we are not that far away.

IMO, talent wise, considering the current players in each squad, you have the first tier in Europe - Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, PSG, Chelsea.

Then comes the second tier - Atletico, Juventus, City, Liverpool, United, Dortmund.

If a second tier teams win it all, is it such an immense upset? I don't think so. And I'm not even considering Juventus household name or anything else. I'm solely basing on the quality of players available at each team.

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #34,399
    atletico won? when? porto and pool were before the likes of city and psg upped the ante, no sir no team will win the CL unless they spend and spend, this is just the reality.
    Reached the final, like Dortmund. Man, we couldn't beat Danes and Turks with our squad, it's nothing but embarrassing.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
    We have Pogba, Vidal, Tevez, Llorente, Pirlo, Asamoah, Licth, Barzagli, Chiellini, Buffon...

WTF guys? These are some WC players, or very good players. It's a very respectable team even within Europe. Are Chelsea or City so much better? I don't think so. Their squad is better of course, but our first team has a lot of experienced and talented players.

Now if we can get someone like Sanchez, this team will get even better. How can we expect anything less than 4finals with these players?

Let's suppose next year the team will be the same, with a decent LB, no Bonucci, and Alexis. This would be a very very talented team. It's not such an absurd thought thinking they could make to the CL final. Not at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 89)