Antonio Conte (26 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
He's fed up dominating the league with a team he knows perfectly well and has bonded with. He has a reasonable budget and a good board of directors.

If he wants to leave all that for a crumbling Milan team with 0 budget, and a crazy owner and no project to speak of then maybe he just doesn't like having to deal with expectations

It's probably nonsense though. But if he does leave for an inferior club, add to the fact he's talking about 'unachievable targets' then it looks to me like he's not ambitious at all.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
if andrea agnelli and co are more worried about the balance sheet than success on the pitch then they are no less of an enemy to the club than the likes of berlusconi and moratti etc... agnelli will be public enemy number one, taking millions of Juventus fans world wide for a $#@!ing ride, it's one thing that the voices of Del Piero's departure has largely been kept quiet thanks to the success on the pitch made by Conte, but don't think for one moment they have forgotten, this will haunt Andrea Agnelli. If he knew what was best for this club and for himself he will meet Conte's terms and no less.

Conte is everything that is great about Juve, both as a coach and as a player. Andrea Agnelli is only there by birthright, not merit.

I don't $#@!ing want mihajlovic, allegri, mancini, montella and every other $#@!ing $#@! that has been linked with us. It is Conte OR NOTHING! if it is to be the latter by God i curse Andrea to high heavens. He has no right to destroy not just mine, or yours, BUT OUR CLUB! the club we have $#@!ing supported through thick and thin, he has no right to take that away from us!

I understand what u mean but it's not that simple.

Look what happened to Inter and Milan. This is the result of simply spending more than you can afford.
If you look into Juve's finances, you'll see that regardless of the exact value of the debt, the difference between assets and debt is almost non existant. This is not a comfortable situation at all.

Agnelli recently said that Juve's "fire power" remains around 200M/year - this is for salaries and players fees and installments. As we current pay a lot of money for remaining installments to be paid, we don't have much room to increase this.

If we can it's by making more debt. Can Juve actually do that? The best way would be another loan from Exxor. Is Elkann willing to do that? I highly doubt. You look at this guy's face and you know he couldn't care less about Juventus.

Maybe this is not even an option for Agnelli. Maybe if Elkann refuse to pump money in, he won't be able to consider any other option, like banks loans, at huge interest rates. I really hope he can pull it out. But it his always hard to change the plans of a huge institution like Juventus because of one single man - Conte.

If Conte leaves, I will definitely not blame Agnelli for this.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I understand what u mean but it's not that simple.

Look what happened to Inter and Milan. This is the result of simply spending more than you can afford.
If you look into Juve's finances, you'll see that regardless of the exact value of the debt, the difference between assets and debt is almost non existant. This is not a comfortable situation at all.

Agnelli recently said that Juve's "fire power" remains around 200M/year - this is for salaries and players fees and installments. As we current pay a lot of money for remaining installments to be paid, we don't have much room to increase this.

If we can it's by making more debt. Can Juve actually do that? The best way would be another loan from Exxor. Is Elkann willing to do that? I highly doubt. You look at this guy's face and you know he couldn't care less about Juventus.

Maybe this is not even an option for Agnelli. Maybe if Elkann refuse to pump money in, he won't be able to consider any other option, like banks loans, at huge interest rates. I really hope he can pull it out. But it his always hard to change the plans of a huge institution like Juventus because of one single man - Conte.

If Conte leaves, I will definitely not blame Agnelli for this.
Indeed.

I think we all want to see the team splash money like madmen... but fi it cannot be done...well, it cannot be.

We have done great mercatos as of late..getting interesting players without breaking the bank excessively. We need to continue this way until new influx of money in the form of sponsors and deals are available. Its the safest path to ensure we get some more money in a couple years.

Our pirority should be to always advance from group stages of the CL, and then go as far as we can every year, while maintaining good numbers in the league.

1251alex

Dec 13, 2011
I love Conte as much as the next guy, but for 2 years in a row now him saying we can't hope to win CL feels like a HUGE slap in the face to both the players and fans. Why are we even playing the game then? And thinking about it, yes I'd love to spend outrageous amounts of cash, but we've all known for a couple of seasons now that we can't spend anymore. We're still fixing Secco's shitstorm. I'm sure Conte knows this and at this point im just hoping he's trying to force something behind the scenes of Juventus instead of actually wanting to leave because he doesnt have 100 trillion euros to spend. If we were to replace him I'd want Klopp or Montella. The thought of Mancini makes me want to vomit everywhere.

and to think, had Secco's regime invested all that money they spent wisely, we'd probably still be able to spend like that. I can't wait til our stadium is paid off.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
It's really stupid to let Conte go "unless" he insist on that.

With the group of players that we've got I honestly think he got the best out of them.

I just hope we don't return to that shit hole that we were in before he came here.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
I hate how Conte gets credit for everything that is Juventus. He was a great part of the team, he was not the whole team.

Agnelli is the one who gave him his shot when there were more experienced candidates. Agnelli was the one behind the beautiful new stadium that Conte sprints around in after we win. Where we sell out every match.

Marotta is the one who gave him the undisputed best squad in Italy. He asked for 2 strikers, he got Tevez and Llorente for 9M ffs.

The players are the ones who gave their all game in and game out. You literally can't even question the effort of any player on the squad. Remarkable. They're not mindless robots that are mind controlled by the coach. If they don't want to play, they won't play. They definitely busted their asses for 3 years because that's in their individual characters.

I wish Conte stays but I won't cry if he leaves. I cheer for Juventus, not Conte. His act is getting repetitive and annoying.
Spot on. 100%.

Ofcourse they will.They have the money to do so.
Coaching United is an enticing prospect for a manager in itself irregardless of them not participating in CL.
If Conte goes there,he'll be given a large budget to work with.
United have a ton of money coming in with their recent commercial deals.
United will never go for Conte. He doesn't play their brand of football. Secondly, I doubt Conte would wanna leave Juventus.
Cant see him winning elsewhere other than Juventus because here he has the perfect platform and environment.

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
Fuck it I'm standing by the guy FOR NOW; as of now he's taking a Stand in front of the board for the best intentions of bettering our club. All he's doing is demanding to take us to the next level. Only thing that bothers me is how he opened a can if worms in the media that can disrupt not only our staff but our players mentality and morale; and as if he blames the lack of reinforcements other than looking at his own approach to tactics and the mistakes he has made and learn to improve as well. Conte might be a little hubristic in some degree, eveything is a problem or potentially a problem but not him. Seems like the kind of guy that could never owe up to his own shit. Anyways hopefully his demands are met and if not we still have a good squad, just wouldn't know how many players would be rattled and mentality would be jostliled due to his statements and possible departure. :frown:

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
if andrea agnelli and co are more worried about the balance sheet than success on the pitch then they are no less of an enemy to the club than the likes of berlusconi and moratti etc... agnelli will be public enemy number one, taking millions of Juventus fans world wide for a $#@!ing ride, it's one thing that the voices of Del Piero's departure has largely been kept quiet thanks to the success on the pitch made by Conte, but don't think for one moment they have forgotten, this will haunt Andrea Agnelli. If he knew what was best for this club and for himself he will meet Conte's terms and no less.

Conte is everything that is great about Juve, both as a coach and as a player. Andrea Agnelli is only there by birthright, not merit.

I don't $#@!ing want mihajlovic, allegri, mancini, montella and every other $#@!ing $#@! that has been linked with us. It is Conte OR NOTHING! if it is to be the latter by God i curse Andrea to high heavens. He has no right to destroy not just mine, or yours, BUT OUR CLUB! the club we have $#@!ing supported through thick and thin, he has no right to take that away from us!
In this moment completely true.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)