Antonio Conte (369 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
It doesn't work like that. These names and the team sheet mean nothing, whoever inherits this team is inheriting a team that is mentally fatigued. Don't expect these guys to perform just because they are individually talented. Guardiola probably inherited a stronger Bayern team than Heyneckes had, but yet Heyneckes got more out of them. Every set of players and every coach brings their own relatbility to the team. What Conte has achieved with these guys has created a bond that's going to be a problem for any other coach to work through, when it comes to motivating them to lift another serie a trophy. Yes, Europe will still motivate them, even if Conte isn't around? But will they be able to express themselves like they did under Conte? Remains to be seen.

All I'm saying is, we are all feeling entitled coz of the work Conte has done. But it's not going to be as easy when his shadow is no longer on the team. Please don't be mistaken. We will need a new set of players and a new identity to work with to achieve anything, in Italy or abroad. This cycle is over, and I agree with Conte about that.
This is an excellent post. And what conte is basically doing, is discussing with the management how it will go from here.
Wether its Conte or a different coach, changes surprisingly little to the fact that we will need other players.

Considering our roster, we see that Llorente and Tevez is obviously a duo that cannot be benched. But at the same time we'll need wingers. Conte wants them, and nearly every other coach will want them. We'll have wingers.
But here is the deal. Barzagli is 33 and our best defender. Pirlo is getting old. Licht is 30 and Isla is considerably less. Tevez is 30 and gone in 2 years.

We'll probably want to play 442-4231 with tevez-llorente. We'll probably have Pogba-Vidal holding a midfield.

Asamoah could be turned into an attacking leftback, but it will demand another positional change for him. We could also buy a player Like Kolarov.

We need wings. And we got only one in our team, who is good for 433, but not that good for 4231/442 (pepe).

We need to decide wether we sell certain players and start a new cycle. Or make an investment in the team, and add 2 starter and 1 or 2 substitude wingers.

Nani, Sanchez, Pereyra come in mind. As you probably realise, this is above our planned budget. What Coach and Board need to do now, is decide wether to enhance our cycle, or make a new one.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I've been lurking this thread lately, and lots of things were said, but IMO nobody understood the real reason for whom Conte (according to me) wants to leave actually. Or if someone did, I missed it. I know the dude and his character since 1991 when he joined Juve with his original hair and after checking the late impressions of the fans in last months (especially the italian ones, who are closer to him) I was expecting this come-out.

The second reason is that he's leaving because he knows that too much was consumed in these 3 years and the teams needs some rebuilding, cause we're being too predictable, also for some motivations, probably including some players that have been important in these 3 years and can't be anymore in the future, and he does not neither want to neither can do that in first person given the amazing pressure by the fan if he fails (he's been criticized for finishing 1st, 3 years in a row, imagine if he benched Pirlo and finishing second due to other reasons, but the average fans is too stupid to understand that... Luckily I see that in this forum there are some intelligent dudes, but not everyone (no offence, come on)). He's right when he says that thing goes in cycles, and by not his cycle at Juve is over this May.

The MAIN reason for this probable departure is that he feels somehow like forced out by the reactions in this situation. This season was really weird somehow. This has been an historical and amazing season, we've set the record for won matches and for a lot of other things, but due to some bad luck, ball-bouncing against Gala or Copenaghen or stupid referee mistakes in matches we dominated and had the best stats in whole CL (just check the stats) an early exit from the Champions League (that someone still can't understand that it's ALSO a luck tournament) labels not just by opponent, but also by fans (!!!) this as a bad season.

I think that with his great sensibility he understood there's too much negativity and tension towards the team for the upcoming season for this ridiculous CL obsession just because some donk thinks without a reason that we're not worth it (we owned Real Madrid and Chelsea in 2 years, FFS) and still forgets that he made it to the QF the season before with a totally unexperienced team and Vucinic-Giovinco upfront (not exactly Diego Costa, Simeone) and we all know how attackers are important in this game and got smashed with 2-0 by an unplayable Bayern that put seven past Barça.

He knows this tension and negativity and insatisfaction for this amazing season will put the team in a bad spotlight for next season, and will lead unavoidably to a negative season. This season we set 102 points and we still got criticized not also in Europe but also in League. At the first draw, the first win not playing at the best there will be ferocious critics, let alone if that happens in the CL "Oh, no progress!!!" "We won just 2-0" "That player is playing bad but he was so good, why why why". The situation will be ridiculous. This year's CL was poison because someone, probably the less careful people, started to piss all over the team and conditioned Conte himself, that is very close to the fans thoughts, especially those in Italy.

I don't think he's ever wanted this outcome at all, but he knows that next season can be dangerous for him, and he's a born winner and want to deserve his winner status above everything. He smells smoke and doesn't want to ruin his record due to the club's flaws and he very kows that with this amazing Roma and Napoli will be difficult to win the league next year, in a league that has been treated by the stupids like the mickey mouse league when it really isn't, added to the fact that every team here wants to beat Juve, the most hated, and there is contant media assault. It's really difficult to $#@!ty the whole season united also in the dressing room to keep the team focused, and without a proper fan support he can't do it. He created this team back in 2011 where there were only "ashes and tears" to say in a poetical way, he gave confidence and tactical knowledge to players that before him were nothing, motivated them and he stated that he IS and will always be a Juventino. He's too intelligent to not consider all this factors and knows that he could end up winning nor CL nor Serie A next season. He does not want to ruin this record and be treated like a donk (even if some stupid already did), he does not the deserve it. He's done everything for this team, he gave us Juve back again... And didn't receive much. He's treated like one of the manys. And now he wants to treat us like one of the manys. Deservedly so.

But I still think that it's not goodbye time yet. I still can't fell like his experience here is over, even if maybe now looks like it. Things will have their way, and actually the right way is with Antonio.
You have good points here, despite not throwing the responsibility of complete failure in Europe this season at him - this would happen in any big European Club, not only at Juventus.

I agree that the main reason for Conte is that this team and squad is just exhausted, in all possible ways. I agree that this setup of players and tactics has touched its ceilliing. We need to renovate a little, gotta get new players with different characteristics of what we have, change the way we play. Conte is absolutely right about that.

However, the club can't go off their plan. This summer is not the appropriate time for a big change - if we spend too much, it will go back to bite our ass in a couple of years. The club is right in maintaining their plan and growing as much as they can.

So, Conte simply has very meaningful reasons to leave the club. What is unfair is that he keeps moaning and whining about money. The club has spent a lot, and we have the highest salary bill in Italy. Also stating publicy his disbelief in any possible improvement on this team and players is actually disrespectful to the players.

In the end, if he actually leaves, the new coach will be under huge pressure. It will be very difficult to succeed. It will be impossible to repeat this season in Italy, and if he chooses to maintain the exact same team and scheme he will be blamed for that. If he changes, he will be blamed for that.

I just hope management can pick the best choices, in terms of the new coach and new players. We definitely need some fresh air into the squad. Some more youth and quickness.

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't work like that. These names and the team sheet mean nothing, whoever inherits this team is inheriting a team that is mentally fatigued. Don't expect these guys to perform just because they are individually talented. Guardiola probably inherited a stronger Bayern team than Heyneckes had, but yet Heyneckes got more out of them. Every set of players and every coach brings their own relatbility to the team. What Conte has achieved with these guys has created a bond that's going to be a problem for any other coach to work through, when it comes to motivating them to lift another serie a trophy. Yes, Europe will still motivate them, even if Conte isn't around? But will they be able to express themselves like they did under Conte? Remains to be seen.

All I'm saying is, we are all feeling entitled coz of the work Conte has done. But it's not going to be as easy when his shadow is no longer on the team. Please don't be mistaken. We will need a new set of players and a new identity to work with to achieve anything, in Italy or abroad. This cycle is over, and I agree with Conte about that.
Perfect post.

Jul 20, 2012
This is an excellent post. And what conte is basically doing, is discussing with the management how it will go from here.
Wether its Conte or a different coach, changes surprisingly little to the fact that we will need other players.

Considering our roster, we see that Llorente and Tevez is obviously a duo that cannot be benched. But at the same time we'll need wingers. Conte wants them, and nearly every other coach will want them. We'll have wingers.
But here is the deal. Barzagli is 33 and our best defender. Pirlo is getting old. Licht is 30 and Isla is considerably less. Tevez is 30 and gone in 2 years.

We'll probably want to play 442-4231 with tevez-llorente. We'll probably have Pogba-Vidal holding a midfield.

Asamoah could be turned into an attacking leftback, but it will demand another positional change for him. We could also buy a player Like Kolarov.

We need wings. And we got only one in our team, who is good for 433, but not that good for 4231/442 (pepe).

We need to decide wether we sell certain players and start a new cycle. Or make an investment in the team, and add 2 starter and 1 or 2 substitude wingers.

Nani, Sanchez, Pereyra come in mind. As you probably realise, this is above our planned budget. What Coach and Board need to do now, is decide wether to enhance our cycle, or make a new one.
Nice post. Would rep if I could.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
You have good points here, despite not throwing the responsibility of complete failure in Europe this season at him - this would happen in any big European Club, not only at Juventus.

I agree that the main reason for Conte is that this team and squad is just exhausted, in all possible ways. I agree that this setup of players and tactics has touched its ceilliing. We need to renovate a little, gotta get new players with different characteristics of what we have, change the way we play. Conte is absolutely right about that.

However, the club can't go off their plan. This summer is not the appropriate time for a big change - if we spend too much, it will go back to bite our ass in a couple of years. The club is right in maintaining their plan and growing as much as they can.

So, Conte simply has very meaningful reasons to leave the club. What is unfair is that he keeps moaning and whining about money. The club has spent a lot, and we have the highest salary bill in Italy. Also stating publicy his disbelief in any possible improvement on this team and players is actually disrespectful to the players.

In the end, if he actually leaves, the new coach will be under huge pressure. It will be very difficult to succeed. It will be impossible to repeat this season in Italy, and if he chooses to maintain the exact same team and scheme he will be blamed for that. If he changes, he will be blamed for that.

I just hope management can pick the best choices, in terms of the new coach and new players. We definitely need some fresh air into the squad. Some more youth and quickness.

- - - Updated - - -

Perfect post.
I agree, but not with the Conte part.

Every person has his way of interacting. Take Mourinho. When his team loses, he is a complete asshole and blames probably the ref or anything else. He draws all negative attention on himself. But he keeps his players free of this pressure, allowing them to recover better from lesser prestations. This is the reason why his players absolutely love him, apart from Madrids egocunts.

Conte is extremely passionate. We know how he can comment easely when provoked. Its Conte's way. His coaching and motivating, his passion is what drove this team to demolish pretty much every record in serie a. But that same character, is what causes him to be plain open to the press, saying we will not spend big, and that this squad is at an end of a cycle. He's simply beeing honest, and people read to much in it.

In the past, this is when coaches leave, when they think the team reached its peak. Conte however, loves juve. He'd want to stay here , but he want to board to take measures to enhance the cycle, rather then start over. And that is why he does what he is doing.

People dont like it ? Fine, your good right. But at least understand WHY he is doing this. Its his passion and love for juve to succeed and break records, as we did for 3 wonderfull years.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I haven't followed this sage too closey can some tell me is the general feeling that Conte wants to leave to go to a better club as he feels he has taken us as far as we can go or are we looking for a new manager as we feel Conte has taken us as far as he can?

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011

The coach has already decided. He'll only stay if a new one is started.

Now the decision is up to Agnelli. Or maybe even Elkann. Should Juventus spend more than it should now, in order to keep Conte, keep winning and consequently get more revenue because of better results in Europe? Should Juventus stick to the plan or risk high, with high reward?

I don't know if Agnelli can make this decision on his own. If Elkann must consent, there's absolutely 0 chance they don't stick to the plan.

If it's up to Agnelli only, then there's a chance they'll spend more money than they intented to, and risk high. It's unlikely IMO. But still possible, I see Agnelli as venturous and intelligent young guy.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't followed this sage too closey can some tell me is the general feeling that Conte wants to leave to go to a better club as he feels he has taken us as far as we can go or are we looking for a new manager as we feel Conte has taken us as far as he can?
Conte has cleared his position to the board: he'll only stay if money is thrown in this summer to get relevant new players and change the face of the team/squad, as he feels this squad and scheme 352 has reached its most.

Now it's up to the board to decide if they'll stick to the plan and keep a balanced financial state, not being able to spend much this summer, and just get a few guys but not really change the squad and the team - or if they'll change plans and make adjustments as Conte required and risk high, making more money available for Marotta and probably prioritizing Conte's players demands.

Most likely they'll stick to the plan and Conte will leave.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006

Why the hell do people keep throwing this at Pep? He broke every positive record there was to brake in Germany and he reached semi-final in CL..... If it was that easy to win CL every year or even reach the final, then we would have seen frequent cases of a team winning it 3-4 times in a row (Real's first five times excluded). You make that sound easy. Why didnt Barcelona win it 3 times in a row in the last 10 years? or Bayern? Or Real? Its football man, and yes tactics and player quality is important but the ball is fucking round and you can never predict certain things no matter how good of a coach are you.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Conte has cleared his position to the board: he'll only stay if money is thrown in this summer to get relevant new players and change the face of the team/squad, as he feels this squad and scheme 352 has reached its most.

Now it's up to the board to decide if they'll stick to the plan and keep a balanced financial state, not being able to spend much this summer, and just get a few guys but not really change the squad and the team - or if they'll change plans and make adjustments as Conte required and risk high, making more money available for Marotta and probably prioritizing Conte's players demands.

Most likely they'll stick to the plan and Conte will leave.
Thanks... Sounds to me like Conte is right and I hope the board back him.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
if andrea agnelli and co are more worried about the balance sheet than success on the pitch then they are no less of an enemy to the club than the likes of berlusconi and moratti etc... agnelli will be public enemy number one, taking millions of Juventus fans world wide for a fucking ride, it's one thing that the voices of Del Piero's departure has largely been kept quiet thanks to the success on the pitch made by Conte, but don't think for one moment they have forgotten, this will haunt Andrea Agnelli. If he knew what was best for this club and for himself he will meet Conte's terms and no less.

Conte is everything that is great about Juve, both as a coach and as a player. Andrea Agnelli is only there by birthright, not merit.

I don't fucking want mihajlovic, allegri, mancini, montella and every other fucking cunt that has been linked with us. It is Conte OR NOTHING! if it is to be the latter by God i curse Andrea to high heavens. He has no right to destroy not just mine, or yours, BUT OUR CLUB! the club we have fucking supported through thick and thin, he has no right to take that away from us!

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Yes the ADP nonsense still hurts to this day.

No worse of an option on the bench than somebody like Vucinic. Not to mention he just so happened to be THE Juve legend and only on a 1M contract
Yeah it still really annoys me... he deserved a least one more season in the champions league with us. We have won the leagues so easy this last few seasons instead of giving the likes of Bendtner and Osvaldo an easy scudetto we could of used him or would of been far more useful to us anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 365)