Antonio Conte (62 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
That shows that the mgt had realistic expectations, hoping to finish 2nd behind Madrid, a side with more quality in their ranks. Llorente and Tevez were upgrades over our previous attackers and overall our current team has more quality than the one from the previous season.
upgrades yes but the upgrade had to be higher. Tevez and Llorente both rank 4th or 5th best strikers in their respective countries, strikers win you matches and it's hard enough trying to beat the best with 5th best in the world, and this is even worse situation.

the defence is a problem too. Prandelli's Italy conceded 8 goals in 3 group stage matches in Confederations Cup with Juve CBs, played semifinal against Spain with 352 and conceded 0 in 120 mins. I think there is a CB pairing problem for a back 4 with the current CBs we have. I am very curious to see what solution Prandelli has for the Juve CBs in the coming world cup.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Oh cmon jack

What he is doing, is simply telling the fans where the limits are, cause he's afraid that we will demand a CL push, and he knows thats completely unrealistic
At the same time, he's moving the pressure from the fans, right towards Agnelli and Marotta.
Maybe but demanding players is not only demanding quality players for the coming season. If he is to stay he needs younger players to build on because the core of our team is old. And we all know what we do with young players.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Why ? He doesnt care about media

I do agree with what you bolded tho, but its not neccecarely bad.
He cares about media, otherwise he wouldn't have complained about anti-Juve agenda in Italy all the time, and then why add more fuel to the fire. Some things should never see the light of day.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Does Conte have to diss the team all the time? Why the hell would we not be able to win the Champions League? We got some of the top defences and midfields in the world. People talk about Atletico or Dortmund to compare us with but we're so much more than that. We are richer, have better resources and more attractive destination to players and sponsors. Conte needs to stop devaluating this team and start looking in the mirror and solve the pathetic offense that is in display in Europe.
And this is something ill never undertsand or agree with him. His constant "we will never win this shid with the current squad" is totally unnaceptable.

Lets be real, we ALL KNOW that Barca, Madrid , Bayern or Atletico on its day, can take the living shid out of us in a knock out match. We all know the limitations of this team. We all know theres like a 5-10% chance at most of us winning the CL every year.... but that doesnt mean we should go instantly with the mentality of "we will not make it, so dont come to bite my ass if we lose" mentality.

This seriously irks me. If he starts saying this before the first ball is kicked...obvs we are going to lose.

Again, he wants to gibe the idea thet he has done EVERYTHING humanly possible to achieve what we have achieved...which i think is not true. Im not wanting to discredit what we have done in serie A, which is simply unmatchable now... but in european matches...where the right mentality, the drive,tinkering and mixing things up is needed.... i have been far from convinced that we have done everything possible to win. Even with the squad at our disposal.

He needs a god verbal lash, and knowing how Conte is...he will not tolerate anything close to it coming. Because i think he is kinda deluded about his ideas at the club. Maybe its all over now.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
We need more of flair and fancy then.
I find the lack of good defensive fullbacks, and central defenders disturbing.
If barzagli goes out.. we are half the defence we can be.

And i once said it. Modern wingers need to track back. But i dont see why a "flair and fancy" player couldnt track back.
I dont dislike flair and fancy, as long as they are effective with their creative or goalscoring input.

Del Piero and Zidane were alot of flair and fancy. And they were very, very very effective in what they did.

Oct 2, 2011
I'm really glad Tevez worked out for you guys. I said he would be your best player.

But I'm reading on Goal that Conte is thinking about leaving. You guys should be okay no matter who is appointed, you're much better than your rivals. I think hew will stay because even if he wants to leave, where is there to go? Barca if they fire Martino, Conte's style doesn't fit at all. Bayern will give Pep another year. Real will keep Ancelotti due to this CL performance. Van Gaal is already at redshite. PSG? Nowhere to go, so I bet he stays.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 55)