Antonio Conte (182 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
I hope you'll understand at some point that for specific system of your desire we'll need the right personnel. Currently we simply don't have players to play anything other than 3-5-2. And I don't like this system in particular, but it is what it is.
Spot on!! 4 years ago we were all praying for a miracle to happen and that was getting a coach who could come in and change things around and maybe even make us win a scudetto and 4 years on we are on the verge of winning 3 scudetti in a row.

I'd like to see more creative play, especially out wide and less reliance on Pirlo...not sure how Conte can do this...Ancelotti managed it with Kaka behind the likes of Shevchenko and Inzaghi ...and that is probably what we miss most in this team, that link between our great midfield trio and our forwards. We don't have Ribery and Robben or Bale and Ronaldo...and to be honest I highly doubt cerci or menez can make us step it up to the level we need to be, but something has to give because we are predictable and easy to stop in Europe..in fact I don't understand why teams outside of Italy understand how to stop us and teams in Italy can't.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Conte - Benitez dialogues. Did you guys hear this one? Look at expenses - Benitez
Conte retort, "We have been taught a lesson from a team that's built to win the title but are 17 points behind us, out of the CL & EL. They have only the Coppa Italia to save their season."
Benitez's comment on Llorente :facepalm2:

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
does it ever occurred to the 'conte is doing just fine' brigade that whether or not we can drop pirlo and replace him with vucinic... does such action even worth trying? 3-4-1-2 with vucinic-tevez-llorente upfront.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Individually, in generic formation:

Courtois/Buffon

Lichtsteiner - Barzagli - Chiellini - Filipe Luis/Asamoah

Arda Turan - Vidal - Pirlo - Pogba

Diego Costa - Tevez/Villa​

Arguments?

As a team they are clearly getting more out of theirs this season.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
They don't olay 3-5-2 and utilize their players much better. Idk if I'd pick Pirlo over their midfielders however. He's been too inconsistent and weak.

- - - Updated - - -

alright, the 3-5-2 was a joke but we play pretty negatively and don't have the power to counterattack like a top team.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
They don't olay 3-5-2 and utilize their players much better. Idk if I'd pick Pirlo over their midfielders however. He's been too inconsistent and weak.

- - - Updated - - -

alright, the 3-5-2 was a joke but we play pretty negatively and don't have the power to counterattack like a top team.
We also don't have a left back, it's just a rough comparison of positions.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Atl. Madrid has a cohesive team. All their players can fully engage in multiple styles of play. They can all press or they can all counter-attack.

With Pirlo and a sweeper in our side, we can only play 1 way. It's not a fluid team like Atletico. It's hard to explain but it's like we have anchors on a ship.

Atletico has no problem moving the whole team around the pitch. They all run at the same speed. If the forwards press up high, the midfielders follow. All of them, not just one (Vidal). If they sit back and counter, they can all counter, not just one (Tevez).

Part of it is also formation. Ours tends to drift to a 5-3-2. The sweeper is doing nothing, just compromising our numbers in midfield and attack. Less numbers in the midfield and we can't get the ball back in dangerous areas.

If you can assemble a really athletic team with some skill, and you play with a 4 man line, you will always be a competent side.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
.and that is probably what we miss most in this team, that link between our great midfield trio and our forwards.
Amen. Our mid is pretty good but looks totally disjointed from our forwards. Thats what i said earlier..theres no cohesion... no link up. Ech of our attacking players out there are in an island...each one on their own trying to create something.

I don't understand why teams outside of Italy understand how to stop us and teams in Italy can't.
Its because in italy, theres a lack of quality and mentality to stop us, specially quality. Too much fodder trying to stop our good players.

But when a team is inspired in the right way, and properly set up against us, they give us all sort of troubles.

In europe, big teams have more than enought quality to give us an early scare and turn us into a defensive coward team from the get go.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
Atl. Madrid has a cohesive team. All their players can fully engage in multiple styles of play. They can all press or they can all counter-attack.

With Pirlo and a sweeper in our side, we can only play 1 way. It's not a fluid team like Atletico. It's hard to explain but it's like we have anchors on a ship.

Atletico has no problem moving the whole team around the pitch. They all run at the same speed. If the forwards press up high, the midfielders follow. All of them, not just one (Vidal). If they sit back and counter, they can all counter, not just one (Tevez).

Part of it is also formation. Ours tends to drift to a 5-3-2. The sweeper is doing nothing, just compromising our numbers in midfield and attack. Less numbers in the midfield and we can't get the ball back in dangerous areas.

If you can assemble a really athletic team with some skill, and you play with a 4 man line, you will always be a competent side.
:agree:

We need to go away from the352 and play a fast flowing style of play or we won't do much in Europe.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013

I have been saying this for a long time, we have one less player in midfield/attack and this really compromises us. I agree with your whole post though the main problem is the formation which is severely holding us back. That is why i was against the Tevez signing as he cant fit into a 4-3-3 formation.

I dont think a 4-2-3-1 is the answer either as we would be restricting Pogba and Vidal going forward. If they had a CDM holding they could bomb forward in a 4-3-3 and cause all sorts of problems in attack for the other team and play a perfect box to box role.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 166)