Antonio Conte (229 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Tonight is a pivotal moment on what I think of Conte, it's make or break. No excuses or amount of downplaying how little importance he places on this game will cut it for me.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
So far Conte has proved himself inadequate when it comes to important cup ties. I expect this game to be no different.

I wonder why he never ever tried the 4-3-3 again when it worked so well against one of the best sides in world football twice? Something missing in his thinking.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Because it has worked extremely well so far, in the league at least? For me our philosophy in Europe is far more important than hang ups about who stands where on the field.

Jul 20, 2012
Because it has worked extremely well so far, in the league at least? For me our philosophy in Europe is far more important than hang ups about who stands where on the field.
How can that be an excuse? Stop defending him. Just because one thing works for one game or one league doesn't mean it will work universally. That is like saying let me play with 4 strikers against Catania, play a high pressure game, and retain possession and win 4-0 and then expect the same thing against Bayern.

How does anyone expect us to get far in Europe when we use an outdated system that is flawed in so many aspects of the game. We get fucked against opposition that have more then one player on the flank, we are prone to pressure, we get pinned back so easily, we play with 11 behind the ball when the opposition is in possession, and we have no counter attacking.

If we are to seriously get any where in Europe a change of formation is needed and new players are required. Enough of this as long as we win the Scudetto. The Scudetto should be a given, we must improve in the Cl. I don't care if its Just quarter finals but by not improving we aren't helping our cause with debt, and popularity.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I wonder why he never ever tried the 4-3-3 again when it worked so well against one of the best sides in world football twice? Something missing in his thinking.
Exactly. if we could fight toe to toe with the team i suspect will win the CHL this year...little tweak needs to be needed to doblegate inferior opposition with that formation.

But Conte logics too stronk.

Because it has worked extremely well so far, in the league at least?
U answered urslef...and even that is an overstatement because apart from some specific matches, we have not totally dominated much teams in serie A..we just have grinded a lot of wins that should have come much easier.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
We have 75 points from 28 games so it's a moot point. You don't get lucky over 28 games, we're the best team and the system works perfectly well. Shit league and all that, I know. Not that this will make any sense for a EL game against Fiorentina.

Our mentality in Europe has to change, sometimes you have to risk a little more. That doesn't mean just fielding an attacking formation, it's how to play the game once you have a lead or are chasing one.

Personally I don't care for aesthetics, these are subjective things. Our team has goals in it, a great midfield, and a very capable defensive unit. What we do throughout a game dictates what we get out of each one, and if we try to slow a game down and nick a goal or hold a narrow lead then it's risky. That been our real problem. In a knock-out format teams are going for broke and more willing to throw attacks at us than domestic sides.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Juve need to defend properly.

It's a succession of poor individual errors that has cost them through the European campaign this season.

Doesn't matter what system you play if you are going to keep switching off and giving away stupid goals.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
the system works perfectly well
MAybe in Serie A. And i cant even say it works perfectly because even when the results are there..we have had our fair share of problematic games.

It's a succession of poor individual errors that has cost them through the European campaign this season.

Doesn't matter what system you play if you are going to keep switching off and giving away stupid goals.
Yeh this too. But this just adds to the fact that we have done a bunch of mistakes, starting from our coach. But yeh, thanks to Bonucci, isla and some buffo howlers we got kicked out of the CL mainly.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
We have 75 points from 28 games so it's a moot point. You don't get lucky over 28 games, we're the best team and the system works perfectly well. Shit league and all that, I know. Not that this will make any sense for a EL game against Fiorentina.

Our mentality in Europe has to change, sometimes you have to risk a little more. That doesn't mean just fielding an attacking formation, it's how to play the game once you have a lead or are chasing one.

Personally I don't care for aesthetics, these are subjective things. Our team has goals in it, a great midfield, and a very capable defensive unit. What we do throughout a game dictates what we get out of each one, and if we try to slow a game down and nick a goal or hold a narrow lead then it's risky. That been our real problem. In a knock-out format teams are going for broke and more willing to throw attacks at us than domestic sides.
According to members here, we're lucky winning three Scudetti.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 220)