Antonio Conte (56 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

runner0xff

Feb 15, 2013
Conte is not happy with the number of strikers in the team. For next season, he wants to have a 7th striker for the team, one of Boriellio/Gilardino/Matri, so he could compete in champions league.
Also SKY reports that Juventus headcoach Antonio Conte and manager Giuseppe Marotta considering the possibility of signing contracts with Cristiano Lucarelli and Ruud Van Nistelrooy

Buy on AliExpress.com

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Also SKY reports that Juventus headcoach Antonio Conte and manager Giuseppe Marotta considering the possibility of signing contracts with Cristiano Lucarelli and Ruud Van Nistelrooy
Lol. :howler: nistelroy and lucarelli. Conte must be outta his ducking mind if that's true

- - - Updated - - -

Lol. :howler: nistelroy and lucarelli. Conte must be outta his ducking mind if that's true

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #27,364
    I have a feeling we'll give Osvaldo, Tevez and Llorente a chance up front. Possibly a 4-3-1-2 with Tevez having a free role and converting it into 4-3-3

JBF

اختك يا زمن
    Aug 5, 2006
    I have a feeling we'll give Osvaldo, Tevez and Llorente a chance up front. Possibly a 4-3-1-2 with Tevez having a free role and converting it into 4-3-3
    I can't see that happening unless we were trailing behind in a game and Conte decides to shift things up in the 70th minute.

To be honest, I don't see him changing his new beloved 3-5-2 unless we run into a sequence of disappointing results. Stresses on results, not performances.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
    Jun 1, 2012
    That would be horrible.Dont know what you're thinking here.

I'd rather stick with 3-5-2 than this suggestion.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
    Please don't try to put Osvaldo to starting 11 just to fit him. The guy will ride the bench for quite a long time before he sniffs the pitch for us. I already heard that Conte is unhappy with his form and he's getting special training to drop overweight.

He might score a couple of goals for us but he won't be that good give me a break.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
    Conte is showing to be absolutely perfect for complete national domination. Insane and tireless mentality, teams very organised. Amazing coach.

But he is also the prototype of the Italian conservative and stubborn approach. I can see Juve continuing to win in Italy, but failling in Europe.

This is not only related to the game style, but also to the huge preference of Italian average guys like Bonucci/Padoin/Peluso, the difficulty in looking at other directions in Europe for signings, and the incapability of trusting in youngsters.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
    Yes it is an issue, but our budget is already top 10 in Europe.

So by your logic, should reach at least the last 16, last 8 being a common achievement.

Reality is our budget is enough to do better in Europe. Gotta think wider.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
    Just switch to a 4-3-3 and then take it from there. Problem there is Tevez doesn't fit in that formation so i really dont know if he will move away from a 5-3-2. I just hope he goes to a more attacking approach so we can rape Gala and Copenhagen in the group stages.

If we played those teams now we would probably win we were just in horrible form at the start of the season and took us a long time to start playing well again. Formation was only part of the problem this season the mentality of the coach was what killed us for being to defensive this season.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
    Oct 2, 2013
    You could tell from our pre-season that there was problems

Obviously, we typically suck in pre-season. But this year was something else. No other teams of our quality struggle so badly. We looked out of shape and something was wrong. That 'something' carried over into our CL campaign and even in the league. We were constantly having to come back from a goal behind and constantly looking completely exhausted as a unit.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
    Aug 5, 2006
    Anyone read the Goal.com masterpiece about him asking for Cuadrado and Cerci for him to stay next season? Priceless :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 55)