Antonio Conte (28 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Conte is showing to be absolutely perfect for complete national domination. Insane and tireless mentality, teams very organised. Amazing coach.

But he is also the prototype of the Italian conservative and stubborn approach. I can see Juve continuing to win in Italy, but failling in Europe.

This is not only related to the game style, but also to the huge preference of Italian average guys like Bonucci/Padoin/Peluso, the difficulty in looking at other directions in Europe for signings, and the incapability of trusting in youngsters.
Bonnucci is not an average player at all. I'd take him anyday over the piques, david luizs and Pepes of the world.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
You put him in a 442 in another European top team and see if he can succeed. I could bet a lot of money he wouldn't succeed.

He adapted very well to this position, and he definitely plays better as this kind of sweeper. He improved during the last years.

But as a real CB, he's really average IMO.

Also he is protected by 2 monsters on his side. He doesn't convince me at all.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Please don't try to put Osvaldo to starting 11 just to fit him. The guy will ride the bench for quite a long time before he sniffs the pitch for us. I already heard that Conte is unhappy with his form and he's getting special training to drop overweight.

He might score a couple of goals for us but he won't be that good give me a break.
:lol:

Where did you hear Conte is unhappy with him?

He's been here only for a few days, obviously it's going to take some time for him to adapt. Conte knows this and wanted him.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
:lol:

Where did you hear Conte is unhappy with him?

He's been here only for a few days, obviously it's going to take some time for him to adapt. Conte knows this and wanted him.
Conte isn't happy with his fitness regimen apparently. But that's only a matter of time. He will integrate him in the squad ASAP.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
The thing is that Conte's training regime is brutal and designed to have the team at 100% and firing on all cylinders for the second half of the season hence why we always finish so strong in the league after all the other teams have given their all.

This is why we we had alot of bad performances at the start of the season and put out a poor showing in the CL group stages.

Though the way the team approached the CL games was also a factor down to Conte's inexperience at coaching in this competition.

This is only his 3rd full season at coaching at the top level after all.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Bonnucci is not an average player at all. I'd take him anyday over the piques, david luizs and Pepes of the world.
Pepe>Bonucci>Pique>David Luiz

thats that!

- - - Updated - - -

Conte is showing to be absolutely perfect for complete national domination. Insane and tireless mentality, teams very organised. Amazing coach.

But he is also the prototype of the Italian conservative and stubborn approach. I can see Juve continuing to win in Italy, but failling in Europe.

This is not only related to the game style, but also to the huge preference of Italian average guys like Bonucci/Padoin/Peluso, the difficulty in looking at other directions in Europe for signings, and the incapability of trusting in youngsters.
While I agree that Conte is somewhat stubborn, we didn't fail in CL because of the 3-5-2.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
You put him in a 442 in another European top team and see if he can succeed. I could bet a lot of money he wouldn't succeed.

He adapted very well to this position, and he definitely plays better as this kind of sweeper. He improved during the last years.

But as a real CB, he's really average IMO.

Also he is protected by 2 monsters on his side. He doesn't convince me at all.
Probably true, but hardly relevant, if we don't play a back four.

- - - Updated - - -

They're all shitty defenders, defensive standards are no way near what they used to be.
Barzagli is one of the best 3-5 DC in the world. With respect to him and his great standards, this says a lot.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Ramos is hands down one of the most disgusting players in the last 5 years. His partnership with Pepe certainly help, but he's the sort of cunt you want out of this game for good.

Oct 4, 2011
as much as i love conte i keep getting bugged by how we and him got humiliated in CL...i think next season is conte's last chance to prove he belongs in europe's top 5 coaches....another humiliation and our long term future in CL under conte will be all but a certain nightmare

Jul 20, 2012
Juve hoping for Conte extension

Juventus want to sit down with Antonio Conte soon and negotiate a contract extension, reports suggest.

The Gazzetta dello Sport reveal this morning that the Bianconeri are desperate to keep the tactician, with several admirers all around Europe said to be circling.

The 44-year-old has guided the Old Lady to consecutive Scudetti, with Juve well-set for a third this season.

And the paper claims that the Turin side want to keep Conte past his current 2015 contract, and will attempt to make him sign until 2017.

The sports daily though, believe that the tactician will want assurances that the club will invest heavily in the team as he tries to take them into the elite of European football.

4-3-3?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 26)