Antonio Conte (133 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #27,404
    Juve hoping for Conte extension

Juventus want to sit down with Antonio Conte soon and negotiate a contract extension, reports suggest.

The Gazzetta dello Sport reveal this morning that the Bianconeri are desperate to keep the tactician, with several admirers all around Europe said to be circling.

The 44-year-old has guided the Old Lady to consecutive Scudetti, with Juve well-set for a third this season.

And the paper claims that the Turin side want to keep Conte past his current 2015 contract, and will attempt to make him sign until 2017.

The sports daily though, believe that the tactician will want assurances that the club will invest heavily in the team as he tries to take them into the elite of European football.

4-3-3?
    I think they officially said how Conte is very close to extension and he'll sign it in March and earn around 4mln/year. Details are already settled -- now it's just newspapers adding some random crap just so they could sell the news.

Having said that, I highly doubt we'll invest heavily in the summer. IF we're seriously changing formation we might easily chose quantity over quality in order to secure all needed wingers.

Jul 20, 2012
    I think they officially said how Conte is very close to extension and he'll sign it in March and earn around 4mln/year. Details are already settled -- now it's just newspapers adding some random crap just so they could sell the news.

Having said that, I highly doubt we'll invest heavily in the summer. IF we're seriously changing formation we might easily chose quantity over quality in order to secure all needed wingers.
    Why would we buy quantity? At this point we are trying to improve our overall squad and by adding more depth or mediocre players will not help us switch formations. It will take 2seasons if we are to buy mediocre players.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
    Oct 2, 2013
    Going after quantity is fine if we're just replacing our current squad players with younger, equally useful players without dipping in to our budget

But yeah, if we spend out budget on more Padoins then we're just being stupid. No two ways about it.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #27,407
    Why would we buy quantity? At this point we are trying to improve our overall squad and by adding more depth or mediocre players will not help us switch formations. It will take 2seasons if we are to buy mediocre players.
    We only have Vucinic and Pepe as wingers at the moment. When I say quantity that just means 3-4 decent/good players, not crap ones.

I still believe we'll try to get Menez in the summer for free.

Jul 20, 2012
    We only have Vucinic and Pepe as wingers at the moment. When I say quantity that just means 3-4 decent/good players, not crap ones.

I still believe we'll try to get Menez in the summer for free.
    You would think though that if Conte really wanted to play a 4-3-3 he would play tevez and pepe out wide but he doesnt. So I'm not totally convinced of this formation change and I know what you mean about the decent players.

Well say we get Menez, and one of Nani and Cerci, we still wouldn't be able to play a 4-3-3 effectively. The only way I see us transitioning formations is if we got players who would improve our line up and at this point I don't know of many given how strong our line up is.

If we are going to spend on the likes of Cuadrado and Cerci just to play a 4-3-3, then I'm totally aganist.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #27,412
    We're gonna have a very busy mercato next Summer after the sale of Pogba.
    This will be the case and if that happens we'll buy some good player.

We'll move Asamoah to the middle and won't buy a midfielder. So we'll play 4-3-3 easier and focus on buying wingers.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
    May 27, 2009
    This will be the case and if that happens we'll buy some good player.

We'll move Asamoah to the middle and won't buy a midfielder. So we'll play 4-3-3 easier and focus on buying wingers.
    I'm hoping for that too, but I doubt Asamoah would be moved to the center.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
    How many wingers did BvB have when they reached the CL final last year? Reus, Kuba, Grosskreutz? That's three wingers for a 4231 formation.

Bringing back Berardi we'd have Pepe, Giovinco and Berardi. Add one more/sell Pepe and/or Giovinco, but we don't need 6 wingers like Chelsea to play 4231/433

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
    Oct 2, 2013
    How many wingers did BvB have when they reached the CL final last year? Reus, Kuba, Grosskreutz? That's three wingers for a 4231 formation.

Bringing back Berardi we'd have Pepe, Giovinco and Berardi. Add one more/sell Pepe and/or Giovinco, but we don't need 6 wingers like Chelsea to play 4231/433
    It's not just about numbers though, is it?

Reus is 10 times the player Giovinco is and Pepe is/was

We can't rely on Berardi yet.

So if we play a 4-2-3-1 with no actual attacking mid, Giovinco and Berardi on the wings and Vidal limited to a defensive role. You can expect us to make this CL campaign look like a warm, fun memory compared to the shit stomping we'd get in the next one.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
    It's not just about numbers though, is it?

Reus is 10 times the player Giovinco is and Pepe is/was

We can't rely on Berardi yet.

So if we play a 4-2-3-1 with no actual attacking mid, Giovinco and Berardi on the wings and Vidal limited to a defensive role. You can expect us to make this CL campaign look like a warm, fun memory compared to the $#@! stomping we'd get in the next one.
    Our midfield is our strongest department and for that reason I agree we are currently more fit for a 433 then a 4231. But with the right signings in attack we should consider 4231 IMO. Sweini and Gundogan are both going forward in the 4231 and we could play Vidal or Pogba there. And with Tevez as CAM he'd defend more then Gotze did in BvB which could allow the CMs to go forward. Berardi should play on the RW either way, I just don't understand how the media suggest us going after €35m rated Di Maria instead of signing Berardi for practically nothing. The focus should be on a LW/CAM instead and then we'd have Berardi and Pepe for RW. In terms of attacking they're both upgrades to Lichtsteiner (who can still go forward) at RB.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
    Jun 1, 2012

A bit of context is needed.

They finished 20+ points behind Bayern in the league.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 6, Guests: 117)