Antonio Conte (27 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Eljo

Nov 29, 2013
yes, but i would like to see bench players come on, when the game is decided. not padoin as much, but isla, all 3 forwards, peluso (go on left, asa in middle), ogby, caceres + pepe, when fully fit (but i dont know where hes gonna play); not in that order.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
The difference you keep on stressing here, is form in Europe. The great Celtic defense you mean, oh my the same Celtic defense that let in 3 goals against a lousy Milan and 6 goals against Barca. And the Chelsea team, that had its coach sacked. And my argument on scoring is for this season CL , not last season. This season our scoring couldn't bail our defence out.

Let's see how we make this EL and next season CL and then you can say form or really we suck in Europe.

- - - Updated - - -

Losing to the champions they say, losing 4-0 on aggregate they never say.
Again, how does a coach who played 2 seasons in the CL scoring lots of goals in the first and a mediocre amount of goals in the second be labelled unable to score in Europe? Why is your assessment based only on this season? is this a different Conte or a doppelganger? You conveniently ignore the parts of his record where he disproves your claim and focus on the part that somewhat barely supports it. Ironically enough you are using the Celtic of this season to weaken the Celtic of last season.

You are clutching at straws here brother.

Apr 8, 2013
:lol: We are the team who had most shots in Champions League and some people are acting like we have some problems in attacking...

Yeah, you heard it well... More shots than Bayern, more than Barça, more than PSG, or other overhyped teams.

"But 3-5-2 is sh#t"... :lol: Some people doesn't even watch matches and gives judgements like this. I give up already if you can't understand this.

To not mention the fact that the last one was a hockey match played at 2:00 PM, without our fans, with our players tired (without hotel until midnight, FFS) and stressed... Let's look at the 5 football matches.

In the match tied with Galatasaray we had 27 shots. It's a record in this CL. Away at Copenaghen we had 26 shots, their keeper saved everything, best night of his life. It's the second record.

We set a new record of shos against Madrid, 24. Not even Borussia last year or Barça could do it. In Madrid, one-man-less for a half (ridiculous ref), still had the same number of shots, 13 vs 13. "But Conte doesn't understand nothing in Europe..." :lol:

What we missed in this CL was luck (but we had a LOT of bad luck instead). some better finishing, some mentality from some players, and a pair of brainfarts in defense.

But saying we played bad in this Champions League is a massive bullshit, you must be totally result-oriented and didn't watch most of he matches.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
:lol: We are the team who had most shots in Champions League and some people are acting like we have some problems in attacking...

Yeah, you heard it well... More shots than Bayern, more than Barça, more than PSG, or other overhyped teams.

"But 3-5-2 is sh#t"... :lol: Some people doesn't even watch matches and gives judgements like this. I give up already if you can't understand this.

To not mention the fact that the last one was a hockey match played at 2:00 PM, without our fans, with our players tired (without hotel until midnight, FFS) and stressed... Let's look at the 5 football matches.

In the match tied with Galatasaray we had 27 shots. It's a record in this CL. Away at Copenaghen we had 26 shots, their keeper saved everything, best night of his life. It's the second record.

We set a new record of shos against Madrid, 24. Not even Borussia last year or Barça could do it. In Madrid, one-man-less for a half (ridiculous ref), still had the same number of shots, 13 vs 13. "But Conte doesn't understand nothing in Europe..." :lol:

What we missed in this CL was luck (but we had a LOT of bad luck instead). some better finishing, some mentality from some players, and a pair of brainfarts in defense.

But saying we played bad in this Champions League is a massive bull$#@!, you must be totally result-oriented and didn't watch most of he matches.
Vincere non e importante, e l'unica cosa che conta

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I wonder how different things would have been for Juve in europe if juventus was playing with this current free scoring form, and this current in form llorente...

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008

But saying we played bad in this Champions League is a massive bull$#@!, you must be totally result-oriented and didn't watch most of he matches.
The way we played Gala at home was a complete joke and there is no excuse. We came out defending. They had the ball most of the 1st half. They had just switched to Mancini and had just come off a joke loss to a trash team in their domestic league. All we had to do was press the shit out of them from the 1st minute and we would have killed the game off immediately. Instead, we tried some ridiculous Italian bullshit defensive tactic and predictably conceded the 1st goal. We then played properly for the last 30 minutes and were unlucky.

Guess what. That's what happens when you leave yourself 30 minutes to score 2 goals. It was a complete joke of a tactic from Conte. And the first game against Copenhagen was not much better. Basically the same thing. Those 2 results were pathetic and killed us. You don't come away with 2 points against FCK and Gala at home and blame luck. It happened twice in a row.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I love how people bust out stats when it suits them. We were abysmal and embarrassing in Europe, and we paid the price for it. We should've destroyed the Danes away and Gala at home. The Madrid results were acceptable, as well as the approach/attitude in both those games. The results and manner of play in the other two games wasn't.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Again, how does a coach who played 2 seasons in the CL scoring lots of goals in the first and a mediocre amount of goals in the second be labelled unable to score in Europe? Why is your assessment based only on this season? is this a different Conte or a doppelganger? You conveniently ignore the parts of his record where he disproves your claim and focus on the part that somewhat barely supports it. Ironically enough you are using the Celtic of this season to weaken the Celtic of last season.

You are clutching at straws here brother.
Because like you mentioned , our first season in CL we had mediocre striker and now this season we have better strikers. But where did we end up. 3rd place . And half of our goals, is from PK. From open play we can take 50 shots in a game but there's no use if it doesn't go in. Using luck and form is an easy excuse. Last season, we didn't have good strikers. This season we have the strikers, the excuse given is bad form. Lose the objective and start giving excuses.

Lets see what excuses come when we don't win the EL. Agree to disagree my friend.

- - - Updated - - -

Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing. No body remembers losers regardless how good they are.

- - - Updated - - -

I love how people bust out stats when it suits them. We were abysmal and embarrassing in Europe, and we paid the price for it. We should've destroyed the Danes away and Gala at home. The Madrid results were acceptable, as well as the approach/attitude in both those games. The results and manner of play in the other two games wasn't.
Spot On :hellyes:

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
We tend to overestimate every team in CL. I suspect this is due to the fact that we play a lot of average teams in Serie A.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)