Antonio Conte (25 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Best case scenario, this scares Agnelli & co. to give in to Contes demands as far as transfers go

Worst case scenario, we all spend the next 20-30 years watching Conte possibly succeed time and time again for a different team.
I really don't think we want that. His demands are players like Padoin, Giaccherini (who I didn't mind), Peluso. These are all "grinta" players. Marotta was trying to sell Quagliarella but Conte is crying for him to stay. He values heart and determination over talent IMO. Also, favours Italians heavily which people seem to hate around here lol.

Marotta seems the type to favour talent like Pogba, Pirlo on a free, Barzagli, Vidal (although I think Conte wanted him as well). Even in his Samp days he sprung for Cassano who turned that team around. Can't see Conte ever agreeing to a move like that.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
To be fair, these mediocre depth signings are the reason why we're by far the most stacked team in Serie A, and unlike the Romas, Milans and Napolis of this world, a small injury crisis doesn't halt us completely.

But yeah some of them need to be moved on, they have done their part in getting us to where we are now but can really take us no further. I think Conte would definitely love star quality players to work with. I mean, which coach wouldn't?

When it became apparant we were on a shoe-string budget, he and/or Beppe targeted cheap, versatile players with a good work ethic. But you can bet your house on the fact that Conte wants a big name or two to make his job easier and increase his chances of winning week in week out.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Lol he has been complaining about investments and moaning about big signings other clubs make like every season.To say his demands are to have as many mediocre grinta players is just a terrible argument.

Though stacking our depth options may be down to him but its clear that he wanted/wants a team capable of handling three competitions.The extra quality up top which this team needs right now is unfortunately not possible due to constraints.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Lol he has been complaining about investments and moaning about big signings other clubs make like every season.To say his demands are to have as many mediocre grinta players is just a terrible argument.

Though stacking our depth options may be down to him but its clear that he wanted/wants a team capable of handling three competitions.The extra quality up top which this team needs right now is unfortunately not possible due to constraints.
I don't mean if you give him 100M, he'll buy 30 Padoins. I mean, if you give him 100M he'll look for the star players who have grinta first and talent second. Like if you gave him a choice between Mandzukic and Benzema, he'd pick Mandzukic. A choice between Hazard and Pedro, he'd probably pick Pedro.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Mandzukic is better than Benzema tbh :lol:

Benz is a joke, has been most of the season.

But I see what you mean, then again I doubt he'd pick a player who was significantly less talented just because he works his ass off. Although it's understandable not wanting the likes of Cassano. He's built a team with a great 'team' mentality and good work ethic. No point putting that in danger unless the player in question is a huge step up from what we currently have.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
You may be right on that but to be fair i'll show you many coaches that think that way.

Just one example is Carlo choosing to pick Di Maria ahead of Oezil in RM.Cant blame him for that imo.

- - - Updated - - -

But I see what you mean, then again I doubt he'd pick a player who was significantly less talented just because he works his ass off. Although it's understandable not wanting the likes of Cassano. He's built a team with a great 'team' mentality and good work ethic. No point putting that in danger unless the player in question is a huge step up from what we currently have.
If Benz was playing for another team which is not named Madrid,he'd wipe the floor with Mandzukic tbh.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
just read on tuttojuve that Ferguson sees Conte as the ideal Moyes replacement and has asked Lippi about Conte. Also, that Agnelli needs to know Conte's plans because his contract expires in 2015. Supposedly Conte wants to win 3 in a row then coach abroad because he feels no Italian team will win CL for a long time.

If these reports turn out to be true, I would lose so much respect for Conte. but if the league and media in Italy keeps trying to take a shit on him I wouldn't blame him.
Isn't Conte's English like really bad? Have you ever wondered how would he yell on Carrick and Fellaini on the sidelines? No worries bro, he's staying here.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I can buy a theory that Mandzukic is better than Benz currently, but there is absolutely no question, as to who has more natural talent and flair. That would have to be the latter. In fact, I have a feeling Benz might be on Juve's radar next summer, because if he knows what's good for him, his time at Madrid is coming to an end or should have already.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I can buy a theory that Mandzukic is better than Benz currently, but there is absolutely no question, as to who has more natural talent and flair. That would have to be the latter. In fact, I have a feeling Benz might be on Juve's radar next summer, because if he knows what's good for him, his time at Madrid is coming to an end or should have already.
They sold Higuain for 40m.I'd imagine Benz would go for pretty much a similar fee.

- - - Updated - - -

=Not within our reach plus he's a high earner too.

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #26,374

One season makes him a bad player? I don't see you mentioning how good he was before all those years.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

Oh there is a very clear reason for that. In italy, conte wont complain. But looking at europe, when people are demanding of him to get past much richer teams, he'll simply state that they are richer, lowering expectations, and at the same time, making it seemb great if he beats them.

He's protecting his job really.

I think its not bad. many people need te keep feet on the ground and look at reality.
    We cannot just go out and sign a 40mil covering midfielder, or a 40mil striker

You may be right on that but to be fair i'll show you many coaches that think that way.

Just one example is Carlo choosing to pick Di Maria ahead of Oezil in RM.Cant blame him for that imo.

If Benz was playing for another team which is not named Madrid,he'd wipe the floor with Mandzukic tbh.
    I would have honestly kept ozil and played di maria instead of bale. suited ronaldo better, who the team is build around anyway

If we gave the players that Conte wanted from the start we wouldn't be out of the CL imo.
    yes we would cause the reason we went out was horrible individual form and mentality from mostly the defenders

I love Conte but if he doesn't want to be coach of Juventus, then the door is that way.
    I hate when people say these things. It sounds like the person saying it is an ungratefull sack of shit.

Conte never said anywere anything about leaving, just some bullshit media. Then for fucks sake dont say stuff like that. Have fait in your coach, and spew fire towards the tabloids.
    Cmon Nick, you read enough tabloids for your newsreports to know this

Völler

Always spot on
    May 6, 2012
    :scared::

Conte: 'I'd like Italy job'

Juventus Coach Antonio Conte admits he’d love to take the Italy job. “It’s a difficult task, but in future I’d like to do it.”

The Azzurri bench is up for grabs after the 2014 World Cup, as Cesare Prandelli is widely expected to step down.

“It would be a great challenge, because as a Coach you have to do everything in a very short space of time,” Conte told the official club magazine Hurrà Juventus.

“You often have only 10 days to put your mark on the squad and express your idea of football. It’s a difficult task, but in future I’d like to do it.

“A modern Coach has to be a fine psychologist. He has a daily rapport with 27-28 players, the medical staff, the directors, the fans and the media. Each time it requires a different strategy.

“Above all I am interested in adopting the right tactic with my players. They are each different, as some need to be woken up harshly to provoke the right reaction, while others just need a kind word to ensure they don’t collapse definitively.

“If I were to choose a game to watch, it’d be a Bayern Munich match. I admire Pep Guardiola a great deal.”
    http://football-italia.net/43041/conte-id-italy-job

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    Puh, he can coach juve and the NT at the same time, same players anyway

But really, NT coaching is for when you cant handle to day to day work anymore, and dont need to be playing games twice per week. So older age.

Most younger NT coaches allways complained that they miss the week in week out coaching. conte will know that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)