Antonio Conte (182 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
You don't believe quality of the players one coach has at his disposal determines the approach or the experience of these players?
I see the same players taking a more attacking approach in the league and coward up in Europe, it is obvious that the coach is asking them to be more cautious. You cannot convince me that these same players can play with a more aggressive and attacking approach in the CL, I am sure there is potential to make it far but with the cautious tactics you will not make it anywhere.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I see the same players taking a more attacking approach in the league and coward up in Europe, it is obvious that the coach is asking them to be more cautious. You cannot convince me that these same players can play with a more aggressive and attacking approach in the CL, I am sure there is potential to make it far but with the cautious tactics you will not make it anywhere.
No, I'm not gonna try to convince you in that. Everyone is free to believe in whatever they want and I believe that players need more European games in order to gain enough experience and confidence with that, our coach as well, as this is his only second season in Europe. We also need more quality in some areas, maybe change of tactics, but I can't simply point finger in one direction and put the entire blame for our failure on that particular segment.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I am not saying that our failure in Europe is entirely on our approach either but it is a very important factor. I will let it slide that our players and the manager are not experienced enough to play with the needed confidence and to be honest the exit this season did not really make me sad, I was somehow expecting it, accepting it match after match. It remains to be seen how we will take the tournament next season because a third year in a row with a direct qualification to the group, confidence and inexperience should not be an excuse anymore.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I felt the same about the exit and I agree that next year, unless we get some group of death, not beating the likes of Galata or Kopenhagen (teams of that profile) shouldn't find an excuse, especially since we'll have a decent run of games in EL, well hopefully we will. :xfinger:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
There is no excuse to fail in EL, seriously.

We are allready 5 points ahead in serie a and we havent even played the right formation or mentality yet.

and we got a good coppa team

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
Conte is right though. Guadiola just made a really general statement on what he think is going on at juve but he does not know that juve have to go for players which are out of contract or really cheap because of whatever reason or situation there is at another club (ie. tevez). Guadiola can demans nearly any player on the planet (exepect the linked of messi ronaldo etc...) and he is likely to get him (ie gotze).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 168)