Antonio Conte (379 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

oldlady87

May 13, 2012
Conte 'disappointed' with reports
By Football Italia staff

Antonio Conte has released a statement claiming he is 'disappointed’ by some reports dragging his name back through the mud.
The Calcioscommesse scandal is back in the public consciousness this week after Gennaro Gattuso and Cristian Brocchi were accused of being involved in the betting scam.
The Juventus Coach was banned in 2012 for failing to report an incident when he was involved at Siena.
But the tactician has today fought back by hitting out at salacious news stories.
“Today I have seen with surprise and disappointment that some media have put great emphasis on my name, even in events that have involved other people.
“There is nothing new or relevant from a judicial point of view. I have been judged by the sporting justice system and served a painful suspension.
“I intend to protect myself in future from anyone who wishes to exploit me.”

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
It isn't that simple. City have spent a shitload and won nothing in Europe. It took Chelsea a lot of time, money, and insane amounts of luck to finally win in Europe.

Madrid have been spending like crazy, and haven't won the tournament in over a decade. You get the point.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It isn't that simple. City have spent a $#@!load and won nothing in Europe. It took Chelsea a lot of time, money, and insane amounts of luck to finally win in Europe.

Madrid have been spending like crazy, and haven't won the tournament in over a decade. You get the point.
That is true, money certainly isn't everything. So those excuses that arise every time we fail to succeed of, "we don't have the cash like Bayern" is simply an excuse for our own failures. It's the same type of stuff that is always propagated in order to shift blame on someone else or something we might not be able to control. However, we can control our revenue, which was just utterly demolished by crashing out of the CL. So instead, people just need to realize we aren't good enough as a team and unfortunately play in a rather lethargic league where the competition plays us with too much respect.

- - - Updated - - -

"Rybolovlev sees Conte as the perfect man to lead Monaco to European glory"

:lol:
That is funny, but not for the reason(s) the majority here is thinking...

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
That is true, money certainly isn't everything. So those excuses that arise every time we fail to succeed of, "we don't have the cash like Bayern" is simply an excuse for our own failures. It's the same type of stuff that is always propagated in order to shift blame on someone else or something we might not be able to control. However, we can control our revenue, which was just utterly demolished by crashing out of the CL. So instead, people just need to realize we aren't good enough as a team and unfortunately play in a rather lethargic league where the competition plays us with too much respect.

- - - Updated - - -

That is funny, but not for the reason(s) the majority here is thinking...
You cant make the contour so easely

Having loads of cash, doesnt mean you will win.

However, having no cash and no team, like avellino, means you wont win eighter

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Watch Conte winning all major tournaments with that kind of money... And then laugh at Juve.
Apart from the fact that i subscribe to the theory that money doesn't win you titles. I also actually think somebody like Conte would struggle to settle in at a noveau riche club. Largely because theres no set operating structure in place, would probably mean, he'd try and have more say in everything, and that might also lead to him not getting along with the bigger egos on the squad. i think he'd lose the team over time. That would never happen at juve because his career here is a massive reference point for egos not to clash. I think it also goes a long way in making him feel more secure of his position as coach of the team etc. More comfortable environment to work in, where he can concentrate on the footy.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
You cant make the contour so easely

Having loads of cash, doesnt mean you will win.

However, having no cash and no team, like avellino, means you wont win eighter
Yea, although Juve is no Avellino if thats where this comparison is coming from. Also, far from winning the competition, money cannot be an excuse if you fail to reach the knockouts with a team as decent as ours. This year's failure was a collective one: Conte's own stubbornness, the 352 at times, and some major player errors/lack of luck at crucial times.

1251alex

Dec 13, 2011
just read on tuttojuve that Ferguson sees Conte as the ideal Moyes replacement and has asked Lippi about Conte. Also, that Agnelli needs to know Conte's plans because his contract expires in 2015. Supposedly Conte wants to win 3 in a row then coach abroad because he feels no Italian team will win CL for a long time.

If these reports turn out to be true, I would lose so much respect for Conte. but if the league and media in Italy keeps trying to take a shit on him I wouldn't blame him.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Conte would sadly do amazing at a nouveau riche team.

The reason they rarely immediatly succeed in cup competition is because they are all stars no workers/selfless players

Conte however, adores the latter, and would set the balance right

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
just read on tuttojuve that Ferguson sees Conte as the ideal Moyes replacement and has asked Lippi about Conte. Also, that Agnelli needs to know Conte's plans because his contract expires in 2015. Supposedly Conte wants to win 3 in a row then coach abroad because he feels no Italian team will win CL for a long time.

If these reports turn out to be true, I would lose so much respect for Conte. but if the league and media in Italy keeps trying to take a shit on him I wouldn't blame him.
I don't think Moyes was given a 6 year contract without the assumption that he would need time to settle into the role and impose himself. I'd go as far as saying that I'm almost certain he won't be fired unless Utd battle for relegation. Fergie himself will ensure Moyes gets a second season keeping in mind the bigger picture and his own initial experience at the club.

If Conte leaves, he will probably be coaxed in by the likes of PsG or City even though I don't see it happen. He's been pretty clear about the fact that he's building a team with an eye on the future. Shows he wants to leave with a legacy to his name, and after a start like the one he's had here, he knows he'd be throwing it all away, because his foundation to launch now is unprecedented.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Yeah, the earliest Moyes can even be under serious pressure at Man Utd is this time next year, I think.

And that would need things to go really badly wrong between now and then.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Best case scenario, this scares Agnelli & co. to give in to Contes demands as far as transfers go

Worst case scenario, we all spend the next 20-30 years watching Conte possibly succeed time and time again for a different team.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Are people really believing these rumors? If I were to listen to those, Pogba would be already in PSG, Vidal and Pirlo in Real, Conte in City and what else not. Conte is reasonable guy and he must have accepted by now that we have limited resources. I don't believe there ever was a case.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think Moyes was given a 6 year contract without the assumption that he would need time to settle into the role and impose himself. I'd go as far as saying that I'm almost certain he won't be fired unless Utd battle for relegation. Fergie himself will ensure Moyes gets a second season keeping in mind the bigger picture and his own initial experience at the club.

If Conte leaves, he will probably be coaxed in by the likes of PsG or City even though I don't see it happen. He's been pretty clear about the fact that he's building a team with an eye on the future. Shows he wants to leave with a legacy to his name, and after a start like the one he's had here, he knows he'd be throwing it all away, because his foundation to launch now is unprecedented.
This, simply this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 375)