Antonio Conte (38 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Forget about this experience thing guys. Mentality and tactics are all. We have been lacking in both.
We lack confidence in Europe. That's why we started every game so far extremely cautiously, even when we're clearly superior side. Someone said that we neglect these inferior sides, but I think exactly the opposite; we care too much, we give them too much respect. We'll overcome that problem with more games in Europe and that's why I believe this Europa League isn't such a bad thing. Something similar in our approach I've seen in 2001; and then as well we had some individual blunders to blame.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
^Like i said in my above post,but what if they make semis again ? Will it go down to luck and surprises again ?
With a weaker team than last year,they have had a very good CL campaign so far.
Look, there is no hard and fast rule, that's what I'm getting at. As we are an inexperienced CL team we can currently say this may be a factor, it might explain why we have a certain mental approach as a team or coach.

Dortmund are doing great in the CL but they have also given up the ghost in the Bundesliga, there are lots of different factors to this crazy competition. Absolute dogshit domestic teams go and win it. We seem to try to win everything with an element of casual control.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
We lack confidence in Europe. That's why we started every game so far extremely cautiously, even when we're clearly superior side. Someone said that we neglect these inferior sides, but I think exactly the opposite; we care too much, we give them too much respect. We'll overcome that problem with more games in Europe and that's why I believe this Europa League isn't such a bad thing. Something similar in our approach I've seen in 2001; and then as well we had some individual blunders to blame.
Its all about mentality and approach.

Even with our lack of variants and lack of an offensive winger or AM, we had more than enough manpower to crush that group and pose more of a treat to madrod.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Its all about mentality and approach.

Even with our lack of variants and lack of an offensive winger or AM, we had more than enough manpower to crush that group and pose more of a treat to madrod.
I agree with you, it's absolutely about mentality and you gain the right one simply by winning; quality will eventually come on top when enough games have been played (experience) and matches against opponents like Galata or Kopenhagen become nothing more than a routine job. What we need is 4-5 years of constant European football to become a side capable of achieving something important in Europe. Forget about Dortmund, those kind of things happen once every 10-15 years, occurrence and certainly not a standard.

3Star

Nov 13, 2012
Sometimes I gotta give credit where due to Conte, it seems we may be heading for another Serie A, what other choice do we have if he leaves, is there anyone out there who is better then him at this moment?

Please no AVB

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I agree with you, it's absolutely about mentality and you gain the right one simply by winning; quality will eventually come on top when enough games have been played (experience) and matches against opponents like Galata or Kopenhagen become nothing more than a routine job. What we need is 4-5 years of constant European football to become a side capable of achieving something important in Europe. Forget about Dortmund, those kind of things happen once every 10-15 years, occurrence and certainly not a standard.
:tup:

- - - Updated - - -

assuming that we wont change our entire frontline at the same time as the defence is in blundering form, i'd say we will pass the groupstages mostly.

One thing annoyed me. When we first won serie a under conte, people were talking about how important it was to get into CL for 5 consequtive seasons
Yet, at the second when a mixture of misfortune causes us to crash out in the groupstage (wich was still cl and the bulk of the cl income), people complain.
This team, who has actual experience ? not many tbh. Not on club level.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Forget the quality of the players but does Dortmund ring a bell ?
Dortmund has far more big match experience than Juve. They've been chasing Bayern for years constantly building their team to compete with the best. So the staff and players know what's needed in close matches against good teams. They're also fearless and rarely back down, even when matched up with bigger competition.

Juve doesn't really get pushed domestically now that Milan and Inter are in the shit. They tend to go into a shell when put in a difficult situation.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Dortmund has far more big match experience than Juve. They've been chasing Bayern for years constantly building their team to compete with the best. So the staff and players know what's needed in close matches against good teams. They're also fearless and rarely back down, even when matched up with bigger competition.

Juve doesn't really get pushed domestically now that Milan and Inter are in the shit. They tend to go into a shell when put in a difficult situation.
So you would agree, that its neccecary for juve to play in a hard serie a

Martin

Dec 31, 2000

Juve doesn't really get pushed domestically now that Milan and Inter are in the $#@!. They tend to go into a shell when put in a difficult situation.
That would explain a thing or two.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
i think that if we win the europa league, serie a and coppa italia this year then it would give the right mentality for juve to for for 1 last push for champions league for next season also with pirlo buffon and maybe barzagli probably thinking of retiring. but we need some wingers pls conte!

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
i think that if we win the europa league, serie a and coppa italia this year then it would give the right mentality for juve to for for 1 last push for champions league for next season also with pirlo buffon and maybe barzagli probably thinking of retiring. but we need some wingers pls conte!
if we win the europa league i would develop a 2 season plan for the 2016 CL final in san siro. imagine 60.000 juve fans at the 2 biggest rivals stadium in a cl final. after that we can start reconstructing our team with buffon, pirlo, tevez and maybe barza and licht leaving

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
if we win the europa league i would develop a 2 season plan for the 2016 CL final in san siro. imagine 60.000 juve fans at the 2 biggest rivals stadium in a cl final. after that we can start reconstructing our team with buffon, pirlo, tevez and maybe barza and licht leaving
you cant "plan" a final, let alone with out finances

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
thats true but someone from the management could come out and say something like this:
a cl final in italy is practically a must for us as the best italian side and with most players in their best years. we must carefully select our transfer targets the next 2 summers to keep the quality high and to not disrupt the chemistry we have. thats what i meant by "plan"

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
thats true but someone from the management could come out and say something like this:
a cl final in italy is practically a must for us as the best italian side and with most players in their best years. we must carefully select our transfer targets the next 2 summers to keep the quality high and to not disrupt the chemistry we have. thats what i meant by "plan"
Hoeness said that, and spend 40 mil, just like that, for a defensive midfielder

a

defensive

midfielder

When we had shit for attack, we couldnt even afford 30mil for a world class striker

Bayern has double our income for a reason

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
yes but a speech like this can have a positive shock on the team and raise their moral + we already have great players at every positon (except wingers). with a few corrections in our squad i believe we can make it to the 2016 final and once we are there, in front of our own fans, we are definetly in pole position for the trophy

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Plenty of experience and quality in those three players you mentioned, but I think they all have a few years left in them yet. Pirlo and Barzagli definitely.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
So you would agree, that its neccecary for juve to play in a hard serie a
It's an interesting balance that is required.

You want a tough league so you are fully prepared for hard games that come along in the CL.

But the teams that have done best in the CL in recent years, I believe, are ones who by the semi-finals have been able to pay little or no attention to their league (due to either having a big lead at the top or being way behind the top team) and focus all their energy on the CL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)