Antonio Conte (18 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Yuckerini

Sep 25, 2013
Why did the 352 for the most part work so good in the cl last year, specially vs Chelsea, Bayern was going to eliminate us noatter what formation we played. But this year the players just look bad, only player that really has been consistent in Baragli, vidal somewhat but in the cl he hasn't been that dominant besides scoring pks.

Maybe we won the games because carrera and alessio on the sidelines instead of conte... :O
didn't carrera commit man slaughter or something

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
In our last 3 CL games, I think we took 90% of our corner kicks short and basically just passed it straight back to the defense. That's a brand of pussy football that you don't see anywhere in Europe.
This is so frustrating to watch, It's like Conte plays to defensive because he doesn't want to be counter attacked from a corner, Those short corners always lead to nothing 9/10 and they are able to clear it or get a goal kick or something. We have such tall and physical players in the box why not give a proper delivery ffs.

Life goes on; we still have plenty of trophies to win. EL experience might turn out to be very valuable for us, sort of preparation for the next year, opportunity to recoup some money, new ideas to implement and so on.
We should try to win the EL, Juve need the co-efficients and so does Italy badly. A good run in the EL would keep us in pot 2 i think. We probably wont win it because if Conte persists with the 5-3-2 we just wont be able to beat the teams in Europe. We create very little in the attacking half against a half good team.

I like that he wants Juve to attack and defend as a team. but it gets to a certain point where you can't have your targetman chasing the ball all the way deep into your half and expect to counter-attack successfully.

IMO Tevez, Llorente and the CAM/RF in our 4321 (which is by time we change) should pressure the opposition defenders and have the CAM and Tevez pressure their deeper midfielders.

We can't counter attack successfully with our attackers not leading the line.
I hate when we lose possession, our WHOLE team just drops into our own half and we let them knock the ball about harmlessly without actually pressing them. If we pressed them higher up the pitch it would allow us to have our whole team further up the pitch and we would be able to counter attack so well. We have a terrible counter attack in fact it is non existent.

Another problem with Conte is because we are playing with 5 defenders we have less options to pass up front and because we lack that 1 extra attacker u will just see the team pass it back to a defender or goalkeeper and start all over again. Damn Mazzari for using this system this formation has literally killed our goal scoring threat.

The only reason we win with it in Serie A is because it is a poor league and we have the best 11 out of any team.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Some lady jumped out in front of him while driving and hit her, but pretty sure he was found not guilty
Pedestrians have their obligations aswel, so he isnt neccecarely guilty offc

We should try to win the EL, Juve need the co-efficients and so does Italy badly. A good run in the EL would keep us in pot 2 i think. We probably wont win it because if Conte persists with the 5-3-2 we just wont be able to beat the teams in Europe. We create very little in the attacking half against a half good team.

I hate when we lose possession, our WHOLE team just drops into our own half and we let them knock the ball about harmlessly without actually pressing them. If we pressed them higher up the pitch it would allow us to have our whole team further up the pitch and we would be able to counter attack so well. We have a terrible counter attack in fact it is non existent.

Another problem with Conte is because we are playing with 5 defenders we have less options to pass up front and because we lack that 1 extra attacker u will just see the team pass it back to a defender or goalkeeper and start all over again. Damn Mazzari for using this system this formation has literally killed our goal scoring threat.

The only reason we win with it in Serie A is because it is a poor league and we have the best 11 out of any team.
Oh god, another one. Location "ireland". Fine, i understand.

Juventus plays very much as a unit. When we are on the opponents half, and we lose possession, our midfielders will press for the ball, but if the opponent manages to break trough, we will drop back deep and set up 2 layers wich, when we are in regular form, is shear impossible to break trough. We dont have the pace to counter, so we build up in block again, looking to break trough the center and be dangerous with midfield runners.
This is the juventus approach of deep defending. The alternative was last seen with 2011 chelsea, or 2007 milan, where you defend very deep, and then burst with a pacy counter.
Against teams that play football, its incredibly good. against working teams, it is as long as we got the midfield, else we drop back aswel.

Now, i understand, you are from the UK, they play wide open etc, but thats why they never win versus italy.

What holds juventus back, are lapses of concentrationloss. its vidal for deep defensive play to keep utterly concentrated.
Luckely, we dont do that so often as you claim. Usually, we push the play forward, and move the unit in front of the opponent penalty box. But when we do defend, we fall back, because that effectively, is the hardest to break down.

Also, stop telling 352 is the mazzarri formation. Its been used since what, the 60ties by inter, if not earlyer

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
laugh it all you want, I already read the sign on that away game on scotland last season, 3-5-2 and our tactic are absolutely trash and toothless in attack, also unable to break the pressure from opponents, heck it may have been apparent before, especially since the game at home vs shaktar

enough with the still learning nonsense, if a fan from 5000 miles away can see such glaring problem, why can't the entire coaching team?

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
laugh it all you want, I already read the sign on that away game on scotland last season, 3-5-2 and our tactic are absolutely trash and toothless in attack, also unable to break the pressure from opponents, heck it may have been apparent before, especially since the game at home vs shaktar

enough with the still learning nonsense, if a fan from 5000 miles away can see such glaring problem, why can't the entire coaching team?
That Celtic game :touched:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

Cause the fan is tactially inept and plain wrong

Rabbit

Secure The Bag
Jun 8, 2010
Cause the fan is tactially inept and plain wrong
"The bane avatar is a society thing, moron. My physique is 5x as strong as you, and my advice is good. I contribute, you are a hatefull piece of shit that should die as soon as possible."

Why you so mad bro? y u mad?

Physique is 5x stronger than mine?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
"The bane avatar is a society thing, moron. My physique is 5x as strong as you, and my advice is good. I contribute, you are a hatefull piece of shit that should die as soon as possible."

Why you so mad bro? y u mad?

Physique is 5x stronger than mine?
I was trying to explain why you should kill yourself , but you arent bright enough to understand.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
idk if conte is better than deschamps. he did after all take marseille to the CL final. not to mention the amazing work he did by turning the french team around at a time they looked hopeless.

i understand defending conte, he deserves it and has done a great job with juve but saying he's better than deschamps is nothing but a matter of opinion at this point and you're just demeaning what dider has done.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
For me Conte is great in Serie A, our results prove it.

but he is missing something when we play in Europe. sometimes he seems oblivious to things that are happening on the field for example his substitutions sometimes, also he is sometimes tactically stubborn in a way.

I still love him as our manager and don't want him replaced.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
idk if conte is better than deschamps. he did after all take marseille to the CL final. not to mention the amazing work he did by turning the french team around at a time they looked hopeless.

i understand defending conte, he deserves it and has done a great job with juve but saying he's better than deschamps is nothing but a matter of opinion at this point and you're just demeaning what dider has done.
*Monaco.

He won CL with Marseille as a player.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009

They still look hopeless :lol:

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
I like Deschamps a lot as a player but as a coach I'd prefer Conte. I really likes how Conte is one of the few Italian coaches that focuses on pro-active attacking football. Totaalvoetbal with a strict system and responsibilities, similar to Van Gaal's ideology that made him so successful over the years.

oldlady87

May 13, 2012
Antonio Conte tried to restore Juventus confidence ahead of tomorrow’s game with Sassuolo. “We are not failures.”
“It is not the first time we have fallen on the field of play. In fact, this season we fell twice in a row against Fiorentina and Real Madrid,” said Conte in his Press conference.
“In two and a half years we fell few times, but we must do well to again get back on our feet.”
The Coach was irritated when asked if going out in the group phase represented a 'failure’ of the campaign.
“Failure in what? That we didn’t win the Champions League? If our target for the season was to win the Champions League then it’s a failure, but the truth is we could’ve had a longer journey in the tournament.
“I don’t recall us ever saying our objective was the Treble, putting the Champions League first, then the Scudetto and Coppa Italia. If you think that from one day to the next you can create dominant teams, then just remember we already performed a miracle in being protagonists again.
“Last season we went out in the quarter-finals against eventual winners BayernMunich. We didn’t start strong this year and that damaged our chances, but it takes time. This isn’t the same Champions League I used to play in, as you face teams that are economically difficult to match.
“There’s no point burying your head in the sand. In my view, it’ll be tough to see another Italian side in the Champions League Final for a while, as the clubs have to be rebuilt to make investments. I said that two years ago and I was right.
“I have already explained that we went out because we didn’t really play the last match, but shouldn’t have left ourselves in that position in the first place. What happened in Istanbul was incredible and perhaps destiny sent us a message. I told the lads to understand where we can improve, as the objective is to keep raising the bar and write history.”
Now Juventus face Sassuolo and Conte is expecting another very tough test for his men in Turin.
“It’s important to talk about the present, not the past, and Sassuolo have already earned draws away to two of our closest challengers, Roma and Napoli. We’ve got to be very careful they don’t make it a hat-trick.
“I will field my best XI, knowing there is also a Coppa Italia match next week. We’re without Andrea Pirlo, Mirko Vucinic and Claudio Marchisio, while SebastianGiovinco got another knock. Kwadwo Asamoah could be a solution in central midfield.”
Conte was reminded that Carlos Tevez failed to score a single Champions League goal.
“I was very happy with his performances and in Turkey he behaved like a real leader. He’s a great buy as a player and in terms of charisma. You can score goals, but if you don’t work well for the team then I’m not happy.”

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Is he complaining about investments again ? And all this for not being able to beat Copenhagen and Gala.

I dont know why we should make fun of Rafa and Napoli when our own coach says such things to mask his failures.(In CL)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)