Antonio Conte (25 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Most on here don't deserve to have Conte as a coach.
He isnt trying to admit that this CL season was a failure yet he is complaining about investments while we have actually spent quite a bit with a team more than capable passing the groups atleast.

Oh,i forgot he is immune to criticism since he bought a small club like Juventus which barely tastes success from 7th place to Scudetto glory.How stupid of me.

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
Antonio Conte tried to restore Juventus confidence ahead of tomorrow’s game with Sassuolo. “We are not failures.”
“It is not the first time we have fallen on the field of play. In fact, this season we fell twice in a row against Fiorentina and Real Madrid,” said Conte in his Press conference.
“In two and a half years we fell few times, but we must do well to again get back on our feet.”
The Coach was irritated when asked if going out in the group phase represented a 'failure’ of the campaign.
Failure in what? That we didn’t win the Champions League? If our target for the season was to win the Champions League then it’s a failure, but the truth is we could’ve had a longer journey in the tournament.
“I don’t recall us ever saying our objective was the Treble, putting the Champions League first, then the Scudetto and Coppa Italia. If you think that from one day to the next you can create dominant teams, then just remember we already performed a miracle in being protagonists again.
“Last season we went out in the quarter-finals against eventual winners BayernMunich. We didn’t start strong this year and that damaged our chances, but it takes time. This isn’t the same Champions League I used to play in, as you face teams that are economically difficult to match.
“There’s no point burying your head in the sand. In my view, it’ll be tough to see another Italian side in the Champions League Final for a while, as the clubs have to be rebuilt to make investments. I said that two years ago and I was right.
“I have already explained that we went out because we didn’t really play the last match, but shouldn’t have left ourselves in that position in the first place. What happened in Istanbul was incredible and perhaps destiny sent us a message. I told the lads to understand where we can improve, as the objective is to keep raising the bar and write history.”
Yeah let's dodge the real question here and keeep repeating yourself like a parrot.
If this guy is so arrogant not to even accept this as a failure, or that we should've had done much much better, (not even once has he ever said that for a club like Juventus these results are not acceptable) and instead he keeps on paying us down and bragging about economical issues and soooo much stronger opponents (as if that applies to the likes of gala and FCK), well then I highly doubt that anything will ever change with this guy.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
He isnt trying to admit that this CL season was a failure yet he is complaining about investments while we have actually spent quite a bit with a team more than capable passing the groups atleast.

Oh,i forgot he is immune to criticism since he bought a small club like Juventus which barely tastes success from 7th place to Scudetto glory.How stupid of me.
Considering turnover, we are a small team.

He reminded we arent a financial powerhouse like : man utd, madrid, barcelona, psg, man city, bayern, chelsea and perhaps even arsenal

quite the list

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Considering turnover, we are a small team.

He reminded we arent a financial powerhouse like : man utd, madrid, barcelona, psg, man city, bayern, chelsea and perhaps even arsenal

quite the list
That shouldnt be used as an excuse to not pass the groups.Like donpiero said he ended up dodging the actual question and started talking about financial limitations.

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
Well considering our financial loss going out this early from CL, then next year we should be grateful to even play in the group stage and manage to squeeze a draw in one of our group matches and not losing all of our games. :touched:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Cusp,

He said we should've done better in Europe.

However he's right, we didn't spend a 100 million in the Summer. He isn't telling lies.
The point is, from the group we crashed,, we didnt needed a bale or ronaldo like buy to do better. We had the tools yet we looked like idiots. This is where i do not agree with Conte. Yes is a failure. He should be a little more humble

Most on here don't deserve to have Conte as a coach.
He should not be pampered and be inmune to criticism.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Do you not think Conte knows that?

Is he going to say to the media, my team is $#@! because they didn't beat Copenhagen?
He doesnt have to use those words. And it is obvious the team is not shid, but we crashed like fodder.

He knows this yet he turns angry when pressed about the results. Theres where im going to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)