Antonio Conte (24 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Joga Bonito

Jul 28, 2010
Any chance of Prandelli or will Agnelli/Marotta stick with Conte? Cause i guess the pressure on him has increased cause the bad performance in CL and wondered how the big guys has reacted to that.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I don't believe there's any pressure on Conte right now as we don't have Zamparini in presidential role. His job position is secure.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Conte is scared about the defence. He uses 9 defensive players and would love to use 10 if it wasn't for the fact that there are no formation out there that can make that happen. He needs to sacrifice one of his 5 defenders and 3 defensive midfielders for another attacker. Llorente and Tevez can't carry the whole attack on their back.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Look. Conte was stubborn and naive in the CL, but he will learn from this. There is no reason to suggest that he is under pressure.

Last time I checked, we were still the twice defending champions of Serie A, and are currently leading the league table by 3 points. What would be the point to question his future mid-season and disrupt the existing harmony within the dressing room?

Joga Bonito

Jul 28, 2010
Actually i was thinking about the summer, cause you're right, there is no point of changing so much in the middle of a season. But the my question is more like; are we are gonne see a less stubborn Conte (moving away from 352) or there is there a chance of seeing a new coach by summer?

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
But there must be some sort consequence for the failed qualification, right?
Life goes on; we still have plenty of trophies to win. EL experience might turn out to be very valuable for us, sort of preparation for the next year, opportunity to recoup some money, new ideas to implement and so on.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
In our last 3 CL games, I think we took 90% of our corner kicks short and basically just passed it straight back to the defense. That's a brand of pussy football that you don't see anywhere in Europe.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Look. Conte was stubborn and naive in the CL, but he will learn from this. There is no reason to suggest that he is under pressure.

Last time I checked, we were still the twice defending champions of Serie A, and are currently leading the league table by 3 points. What would be the point to question his future mid-season and disrupt the existing harmony within the dressing room?
Oviously he should NOT be sacked, but how many more fails in europe he will need to learn?.

Is not that is too difficult to spot some things that us lowlife have spotted. Now, him being a pro coach with a pro staff should have made the necessary changes long time ago.

That short corner comment is a good example of the kind of stubborness that he shows. Also his weird subs after the 75 minutes... i will never understand this.

IMO this is more annoying because is not a learning problem... he KNOWS whats going on, he is not dumb.. but he is stubborn and dont wanna make the adjustments needed, or try different things when something is not working.

Yuckerini

Sep 25, 2013
I like that he wants Juve to attack and defend as a team. but it gets to a certain point where you can't have your targetman chasing the ball all the way deep into your half and expect to counter-attack successfully.

IMO Tevez, Llorente and the CAM/RF in our 4321 (which is by time we change) should pressure the opposition defenders and have the CAM and Tevez pressure their deeper midfielders.

We can't counterattack successfully with our attackers not leading the line.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Yeah, lets replace the coach who brought us back from 2 7th places to all these trophee's.

Lets replace with Simeone, who has teams carried by overpowered strikers. We want to win EL after all :rofl:

Or with deschamps, like he'll be wanting to return to juve :rofl:

Conte is better then both

JuveSardu

Nov 27, 2013
Why did the 352 for the most part work so good in the cl last year, specially vs Chelsea, Bayern was going to eliminate us noatter what formation we played. But this year the players just look bad, only player that really has been consistent in Baragli, vidal somewhat but in the cl he hasn't been that dominant besides scoring pks.

Maybe we won the games because carrera and alessio on the sidelines instead of conte... :O

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)