Antonio Conte (189 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I think his so called 'limitation' stems from inexperience in this competition. The upside I'd like to think, is that our priorities in the market in the summer will be different. In essence, it will also mean less dependence on Pirlo, if we assume Conte will learn from his errors this season, and look to bring in a top quality RWF and consider the 433 more seriously. For Europe, anyway.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I think he got the memo this time around seeing as he didn't get it when Bayern trashed us last season. 5-3-2 has to go we need attacking players in Europe. We can get away with playing people out of position and not having the right attacking players in the league but not in Europe.
Bayern trashed Barcelona, team arguably better than us, 7-0 aggregate. ;)

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Juventino★★★;4391541 said:
missed chances vs Copenhagen - blunders vs Galatasaray. we were conceding the same stupid individual mistakes in Serie A as well.
In that case Mancini shouldnt be blamed for his CL exits either.Seriously guys you are being too defensive now.

6 points in 6 games for a two time scudetto winning team.You just cant say its bad luck ,coach has too take full responsibility.I still believe its our tactics that failed us otherwise we would've had 6 points in our first two games.

We need to create more chances and be more clinical if we are to be dominant ,you just cant blame it on missed chances or defensive blunders.

But still i believe this side is a work in progress and t needs more attacking prowess if we want to win in Europe.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
The players and Conte are to blame.

The team looked too shaky and clumsy in our CL campaign. It was pretty obvious (to me) they were nervous as fuck. As a result we couldn't play our usual game.

Conte failed to address and fix that psychological weakness.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
It was failing to beat Copenhagen away and Gala at home that screwed us. Today we were unlucky with the pitch and i'm pretty confident with a normal pitch we would have won today. Conte has to take the blame for us not winning one of those games before and it made us go into the last game needing a result we would have probably got but today was a lottery especially when we had to attack on a destroyed pitch where Gala had much better conditions to attack in.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
In that case Mancini shouldnt be blamed for his CL exits either.Seriously guys you are being too defensive now.

6 points in 6 games for a two time scudetto winning team.You just cant say its bad luck ,coach has too take full responsibility.I still believe its our tactics that failed us otherwise we would've had 6 points in our first two games.
Lippi had 7 points from 6 games in 2002 and year after we were finalists, sometimes these things happen. :)

Well, we can still win Europa league on our stadium if that's any consolation to some.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

We need to create more chances and be more clinical if we are to be dominant ,you just cant blame it on missed chances or defensive blunders.

But still i believe this side is a work in progress and t needs more attacking prowess if we want to win in Europe.
lets forget the junk before the bold, and work on this

Agreed ! And when Llorente is blended in, and pogba devellops further, that prowess will come

- - - Updated - - -

We had Camoranesi and Nedved as wingers back them, with proper fullbacks like Zambrotta.

We won't rebound next season if we do not invest in quality wingers.
So you are just dropping tevez and the cm's for wingers ?

basically, to fund that, you'd sell vidal or pogba ?

Well if we dont use em, we should sell vidal and pogba, and buy a new midfield

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Maybe it was mentioned already, but compare Conte's approach in serie A/ Europe, to Mourinho's approach in serie A and Europe when Inter won it.

Mourinho realized that what worked for him in serie A fails in Europe, so he even put Pandev and Eto'o on the wings of a 4-2-3-1. In Serie A he was using another system, but in Europe he chose an entirely different formation. He adapted. Conte couldn't adapt and he used Pepe's absence as an excuse.

I feel sorry for this Juve generation. Individually we have really strong players. But with Pirlo, Barzagli, Buffon, Vucinic, soon Chiellini, Licht, Tevez in their 30's, it's gonna take some other Juventus to do well in the CL and make the last stages. Last year things could be blamed on inexperience in the CL. That's why we were happy with the 1/4 finals. But this year we simply had to adapt to European football. Conte stubbornly refused to do so, both in the summer mercato and after it.
This. I talked about approach before and after all of our matches.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
lets forget the junk before the bold, and work on this

Agreed ! And when Llorente is blended in, and pogba devellops further, that prowess will come

- - - Updated - - -

So you are just dropping tevez and the cm's for wingers ?

basically, to fund that, you'd sell vidal or pogba ?

Well if we dont use em, we should sell vidal and pogba, and buy a new midfield
Vidal Pogba
Asamoah

Boss of a midfield! we need wingers and a LB that is all.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
We had Camoranesi and Nedved as wingers back them, with proper fullbacks like Zambrotta.

We won't rebound next season if we do not invest in quality wingers.
We'll have to sell I believe in order to invest next year. Our debt will increase as well some 30-40m if we intervene on the market. Difficult situation I know, the money we lost with this elimination will impact our transfer strategy. I'd rather if we had passed the groups instead of winning another Serie A title; the latter won't bring us any significant monetary compensation.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
We'll have to sell I believe in order to invest next year. Our debt will increase as well some 30-40m if we intervene on the market. Difficult situation I know, the money we lost with this elimination will impact our transfer strategy. I'd rather if we had passed the groups than winning another Serie A title. The latter won't bring us any significant monetary compensation.
If only Secco and Blanc didn't completely ruin our finances when they were in charge. We should be in such a healthier position.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
Unless we win the EL and recoup some of the money we will be losing by not playing in the CL, we won't have much money to play with this summer.

More Padoin's and Peluso's this summer

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
I will not discuss today's game because this was not a football match and no tactic could have been properly implemented. What i will discuss about is the elimination from the CL which is a disaster of the greatest proportions. Today's game was not a problem, that draw in Copenhagen and the draw in Torino against galata, that was the problem. I said after the Bernabeu game that if Conte didnt continue to play the 4-3-3 i will loose all faith in this team for this year. Well, he didnt. He got back immediately to 3-5-2 without even giving a thought to playing a new, better formation, formation that suits this team the best. Those who do not agree can come at me but the present situation and what happened to us today proves that i was right after the Bernabeu game and that i am right now.

With all this being said, i blame no one but Conte for what happened to us in CL, only Conte. No excuses. I am not saying he should be sacked, but i want him to realize what he has done, admit he made mistakes and try to make things better. Playing 3 men defence against the likes of Copenhagen, Lecce, Bologna, Cagliari and even fucking Galata at Juventus Stadium, deserves nothing more than Europa League or even 4th place in the CL group and complete drop out.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Maybe it was mentioned already, but compare Conte's approach in serie A/ Europe, to Mourinho's approach in serie A and Europe when Inter won it.

Mourinho realized that what worked for him in serie A fails in Europe, so he even put Pandev and Eto'o on the wings of a 4-2-3-1. In Serie A he was using another system, but in Europe he chose an entirely different formation. He adapted. Conte couldn't adapt and he used Pepe's absence as an excuse.

I feel sorry for this Juve generation. Individually we have really strong players. But with Pirlo, Barzagli, Buffon, Vucinic, soon Chiellini, Licht, Tevez in their 30's, it's gonna take some other Juventus to do well in the CL and make the last stages. Last year things could be blamed on inexperience in the CL. That's why we were happy with the 1/4 finals. But this year we simply had to adapt to European football. Conte stubbornly refused to do so, both in the summer mercato and after it.
Probably down to inexperience, and our team overachieved a little last season, in my opinion, or hit the desired target. This might have made us think we had achieved something or created a formula to build on, but it's clear we need a second plan or approach for next time.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Probably down to inexperience, and our team overachieved a little last season, in my opinion, or hit the desired target. This might have made us think we had achieved something or created a formula to build on, but it's clear we need a second plan or approach for next time.
The players also overachieve under Prandelli? You don't overachieve in two seasons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 182)