Antonio Conte (335 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
1. 2 scudetti for the last 2 seasons =/= "save us against the real madrid match tonight".
2. Prandelli has over achieved because his teams were never expected to win anything and he took them beyond their expectations. Loosing against arguably the best national team this sport has ever witnessed against with a an average Italy, in the Euro 2012 Final, under his first International job, itself is an achievement.
3. Had Prandelli been giving the quality Conte has had, who is to say he won't do better.
4. By your logic, Inter + Man City should have stuck with Mancini.
5. I'm not saying Conte is a terrible manager, but much like what Mancini was at Inter, he took them as far as we can go.

Prandelli can thank Conte for the inform core of la nazionale provided to him. regardless of Italy's coach, it is known their national team is very dependent of Juve and the state we're in for obvious reasons. don't even need to go further back, as far as the coaching job goes, can't get better than already WC winner, Lippi. (Although he had a questionable team selection but my point still stands)

rewatch the games vs Spain in group stages and final. further proof of Conte actually getting the best out of these players. the designed role for every single of 'em from this coaching staff is what makes them actually perform to this level and as a unit. I don't think I have to remind you that thanks to Conte, Juve is now a stable environment for talents like Pogba to thrive, Legends like Pirlo to relaunch their career and even average footballers like Padoin to show some usefulness throughout the season.

even if we fail to win the Scudetto and advance from this group, this is the project that must go on. get it in your head mate and be a little patient.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Mar 10, 2009
Prandelli can thank Conte for the inform core of la nazionale provided to him. regardless of Italy's coach, it is known their national team is very dependent of Juve and the state we're in for obvious reasons. don't even need to go further back, as far as the coaching job goes, can't get better than already WC winner, Lippi. (Although he had a questionable team selection but my point still stands)

rewatch the games vs Spain in group stages and final. further proof of Conte actually getting the best out of these players. the designed role for every single of 'em from this coaching staff is what makes them actually perform to this level and as a unit. I don't think I have to remind you that thanks to Conte, Juve is now a stable environment for talents like Pogba to thrive, Legends like Pirlo to relaunch their career and even average footballers like Padoin to show some usefulness throughout the season.

even if we fail to win the Scudetto and advance from this group, this is the project that must go on. get it in your head mate and be a little patient.
This is actually a good post, I never considered this. However you have to admit though, he did well to change and adjust his formation. After seeing how 3 5 2 wasn't working against Croatia, he changed his formation and it paid off.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Such bad a coach prandelli is huh?

1. Does well with a mediocre Parma and put's them in a respectable position.
2. Takes over Fiorentina the season after they nearly got relegated, and puts them fourth. Gets knocked out of the CL on away goal rules to eventual finalists Bayern, after topping a group with both Lyon and Liverpool in it.
3. Takes the reigns of an average Italy who just got knocked out of the group stage in the WC 2010, and sends them to the final against a great Spain, on his first international job.

yep terrible coach that Prandelli is
so how is that a better achievement than 4 trophies in 2 seasons following 2 seasons finishing 7th which is the standard achievement for prandelli at club level

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I wanted him to ask the team to attack more but when I saw how Madrid react to the smallest of space I realized why he took the cautious approach. Even for the equalizing goal we did not push so fiercely and after that we were extremely exhausted and pressure would simply expose us to a fatal loss. Now it's totally up to him to bring the six needed points that see us through.

yep... in the end i realized we coulndt ask for more... because real were just much more dangerous than us with every friggin ball they got.

We tried but thery were just tood angerous

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I hope the anti 3-5-2 crowd can now get it through their thick heads that lack of focus by our defenders is what made life so difficult for us thus far this season rather than the formation. Cacares' gift to Madrid today confirms that the 4-3-3 doesnt make us any more or less focused and error-prone than the 3-5-2.
We would have won today had it not been for Cacares and Casillas.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Cool story but we played 4-3-3 tonight. We also played two fantastic games with the 3-5-2 before the Parma game.
Can you really call dis 4-3-3? It looked more like a 4 4 2.

Plus Casillas was very shaky, high balls are not his super strong point, and neither were his DCs in this game.
Its infuriating. And normally you also have chiellini and quag, both of who are great in the air.This isnt just today though. He seems deathly afraid of counter attacks. Thats the only explanation why juventus sucks so much in dead ball situations compared to say ranieri's juve

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Risk vs reward.

juventus almost never capitalizes on dead balls. Considering how many strong aerial players juve, it criminal not to take advantage of it. Esprcially considering it can be used as a great weapin when things dont go your way. Too many teams have proven they can be quite effective and deadly, just from relying on dead ball situations

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
:tup: that you understand risk vs reward... more risk than potential reward because Madrid players are better in the air than Juve's (low probability of reward)and lethal in counter attacks (high risk).

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I meant in general, not just the madrid game.
speaking of the madrid game, you would think after the 2nd time you pass the ball to asa and nothing good happens, yoyd try something else...

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Pirlo did cross the ball in the box and it did land on Pogba's head. Pogba's vision was blinded by players jumping infront of him and the resulting header looked more like a clearance.

In general, I would like to see the team utilize the height advantage, but barring Chiellini and Caceres I think the rest of our players are quite ineffective in scoring from headers.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Pirlo did cross the ball in the box and it did land on Pogba's head. Pogba's vision was blinded by players jumping infront of him and the resulting header looked more like a clearance.

In general, I would like to see the team utilize the height advantage, but barring Chiellini and Caceres I think the rest of our players are quite ineffective in scoring from headers.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I hope the anti 3-5-2 crowd can now get it through their thick heads that lack of focus by our defenders is what made life so difficult for us thus far this season rather than the formation. Cacares' gift to Madrid today confirms that the 4-3-3 doesnt make us any more or less focused and error-prone than the 3-5-2.
We would have won today had it not been for Cacares and Casillas.
No way.

The team lost to Madrid mainly due to individual errors, like with the 352. So defense was not compromised, they didn't have a lot of chances.

On the other hand, offensive end was vastly improved. Look how many chances were generated in both games. The team is much less predictable.

I really hope Conte sticks to this formation. Even though that is highly unlikely to happen. He said that he considers this 433 as a more defensive approach than 352. :(

Albertmare

Idea Maker
Mar 24, 2006
I defended this guy for far too long, but I'm on JCK side now. We're on the ropes for like 30 minutes and the subs come on when in the last 10 minutes? One of which was on the last 5?

Come the summer I want to see Prandelli Conte has taken us as far as he can go

Are you fucking kidding me ?
:lol2::lol:

prandelli is a lame coach , and will never reach Conte's achievement ,

PREAAASEEEEEEEEE , get some sleep man

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Just 2 things to evaluate here.

IM not here to bash conte today, but explain me this 2 thnigs:

1-Why those short corners when having pogba and llorente?
2-Why the subs in the 80 minute?. Carletto was doing them pretty early...but conte was super late as always...even when knowing the players where out of gas.

This 2 things are worrysome coming from a top notch coach.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 330)