Antonio Conte (173 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.
May 22, 2007
2-Why the subs in the 80 minute?. Carletto was doing them pretty early...but conte was super late as always...even when knowing the players where out of gas.
I agree, Llorente in particular looked dead by the end of the game. I suspect it was because Conte was trying to drain every drop of energy from the balanced system he created.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
We did not play 4-3-3. It looked more like a 4-5-1.

- - - Updated - - -

I think we play short corners because it mitigates the danger from counter-attacks. I don't necessarily agree with it, but that's the only thing I can think of.
Then why have all your defenders in your opponent's box? That kinda kills the purpose, doesn't it?

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
There isn't really any difference, just a shift in mentality when defending or attacking. You can't genuinely say that Tevez was played LM, because he wasn't and isn't, he was LWF and did his usual defensive duties.
him and marchisio did much more defensive duties that a lwf and rwf would usually do, even when in possession it was more of a 4-5-1

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
What did he say to the team at HT? When they came out for the second half we seemed so lethargic for the opening ten minutes, and by that point CR7 had already equalised.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
What did he say to the team at HT? When they came out for the second half we seemed so lethargic for the opening ten minutes, and by that point CR7 had already equalised.
Real started to push, while in the first half they conceded our half and didn't put pressure there.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
No way.

The team lost to Madrid mainly due to individual errors, like with the 352. So defense was not compromised, they didn't have a lot of chances.

On the other hand, offensive end was vastly improved. Look how many chances were generated in both games. The team is much less predictable.

I really hope Conte sticks to this formation. Even though that is highly unlikely to happen. He said that he considers this 433 as a more defensive approach than 352. :(
exactly my point.

However on offensive end I wouldnt consider what we saw yesterday any different from the usual. I dont think we have been bad offensively this season at all. We always scored goals then gifted the equalizers and the lead to opponents.

I love how conte can switch between two formations depending on the type of opposition we are playing. I think we should always play the 4-3-3 against teams that play mostly from the flanks like madrid with such beast wingers but keep the 3-5-2 for teams that dont.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I'd like to see a 4-3-3 with Vucinic, Llorente, and Tevez leading the line, Licht, Barza, Chiello, and Caceres in defense, with Pogba, Asamoah, and Vidal bossing the midfield. It could be an interesting alternative in Europe :D

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I'd like to see a 4-3-3 with Vucinic, Llorente, and Tevez leading the line, Licht, Barza, Chiello, and Caceres in defense, with Pogba, Asamoah, and Vidal bossing the midfield. It could be an interesting alternative in Europe :D
Well you're not the only one. :p But at least we ditched 3-5-2 in Europe; now we only need a little bit tweaking to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 173)