Antonio Conte (176 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I credit the improvement to the increase in motivation more than the formation change. We used to have even higher intensity 2 years ago regardless of the formation deployed. Our only real problem was in finishing chances. With Tevez and llorente we dont have that problem any more its just that our hunger and intensity is less now.
Motivation and intensity were the other part of our problem. I've never put the sole blame on our choice of tactics, but even today you could have seen that 3rd CB was pretty much useless, when facing a team with 1 forward and 4 FBs. This team is capable of much more.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
3-5-2 is a bad bad choice. We scored from a non-exitent penalty and from an perfect individual effort...... I just can not believe it how obvious our game-play is where even i know exactly what the next move or pass from every player in our team will be.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
3-5-2 is a bad bad choice. We scored from a non-exitent penalty and from an perfect individual effort...... I just can not believe it how obvious our game-play is where even i know exactly what the next move or pass from every player in our team will be.
Implying those other 5 100% chances plus few other efforts didn't happen....

We played really well today, which should not be a revelation against a team such as Genua, but criticism like this is just way over the top. In the first half we were all over the opposition, and in the second half we slowed down presumably consciously, resting the players and keeping in mind that the next fixture is in just 3 days and that Genua doesn't really have the offensive quality to turn the game around.

Apr 8, 2013
My gosh, it's quite unbelievable to say this after a match where we smashed the opponents in their own box for the most of the time and enter in their box with 6-7 players, and honestly, it's not the first time we manage to do that, we did it even against big opponents sometimes.

Neither I generally like 3-5-2, but can't be denied that Conte let it work really well. This 3-5-2 gives use intensity and numeric superiority in both phases, and that's a fact.

That doesn't mean you'll dominate every match, because you need also a proper physical condition from your mids for it to work, but I can't complain for what I've seen in the last... 18 months.

It's beyond me (and this is not directed to anyone, it's a general statement) how a coach who was the probably most important factor in these last 2 years of success can be seen as a complete douche who can't understand some basic stuff cause he doesn't play our favourite system. It's beyond me.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Seriously, how ignorant are you ?

Today, many players had excellent individual games, and our team as a whole was 5 times better then previous serie a games against this kind of opponent.

We absolutely smashed genoa and they can be very lucky Pogba and fernano were not sharp in front of goal today or it was easely 6-0.

How can you even begin to insult the formation, when the real message today was seeing several of our players waking up this season ?

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Seriously, how ignorant are you ?

Today, many players had excellent individual games, and our team as a whole was 5 times better then previous serie a games against this kind of opponent.

We absolutely smashed genoa and they can be very lucky Pogba and fernano were not sharp in front of goal today or it was easely 6-0.

How can you even begin to insult the formation, when the real message today was seeing several of our players waking up this season ?
You just sit and relax bro. And you will see what i am talking about.........

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
You are criticising a formation, whilst today has been a showcase of how domminant it can be when more then 1 player actually has decent form
against mighty genoa? and I didn't see any domination last night, we were quite struggling against a weak team before the ref gifted us a nonexistent penalty; good enough for you juve stabia fan I guess...:shifty:

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
against mighty genoa? and I didn't see any domination last night, we were quite struggling against a weak team before the ref gifted us a nonexistent penalty; good enough for you juve stabia fan I guess...:shifty:
we dominated them you dimwit. they didn't even have a sniff in the first half when we had our foot down.

Juventus -------- Genoa
24(9) Shots (on goal) 6(0)
6 Corner kicks 2
59% Time of Possession 41%

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
we dominated them you dimwit. they didn't even have a sniff in the first half when we had our foot down.

Juventus -------- Genoa
24(9) Shots (on goal) 6(0)
6 Corner kicks 2
59% Time of Possession 41%
that is not what I'd call dominating, against top tewms that is tolerable, against minnows such as genoa? I'd expect a 3-0 lead on half time without the ref's help to proclaim it was a domination... not my fault you have such low standards as juve fans.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
that is not what I'd call dominating, against top tewms that is tolerable, against minnows such as genoa? I'd expect a 3-0 lead on half time without the ref's help to proclaim it was a domination... not my fault you have such low standards as juve fans.
off to the bin with you

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
You're focusing on the goals and ignoring the performance.

- - - Updated - - -

It's your fault you are never satisfied, unrealistic, and live in cloud cuckoo land most of the time, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 160)