Antonio Conte (29 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
We need @Zacheryah here to settle this. :D
There is surprisingly little diffrence between the mentionned 4-3-3 and 3-4-3.

RW ? Not asamoah offcourse, he doesnt have the skills to play there. He should be used as Cm (4-3-3) or defensive winger DW (3-4-3)

Tevez could play there, as an inside forward with alot of working.

buffon
lichtsteiner-barzagli-bonucci-chiellini
vidal-pogba-asamoah
tevez-llorente-vucinic

or

buffon
barzagli-bonucci-chiellini
lichtsteiner-pogba-vidal-asamoah
tevez-llorente-vucinic

I'd be in favor of the 3 man backline, since our defence is accustomed to it

Buy on AliExpress.com

VUCIMata10

Apr 5, 2013
In the confeds vs spain pirlo played in the 3-4-2-1 and was not nearly as effective, de rossi had a ton more touches then him, but pirlo did have a influence. But 3-4-3 im really skeptical about honestly, much rather have 433, but the 343 would be better for our defence as theyre acostomed to it, i would just like to see giovinco in the "1" in a 3-4-1-2 just for the hell of it

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Llorente should start next game. At home, against a small team like Verona.

Knowing our boss, though, I doubt it. Conte is so stubborn and won't field Llorente just now, specially after the media questioned his choices in CL.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

Knowing our boss, though, I doubt it. Conte is so stubborn and won't field Llorente just now, specially after the media questioned his choices in CL.
thats pretty much conte, allways wanting to show he's in charge.

i dont mind, but when it hurts the club, i do.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

The media will keep on doing it and he will keep on neglecting Llorente, skill, match fitness, whatever are not the reasons I that get me thinking that Llorente should be forgotten by the fans, he has nothing to do with the club anymore.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
This plan B wouldnt be for Real, there is no way we would weaken our midfield and play one extra attacker vs them. If anything I wouldnt be suprised to see the 3-5-1-1 back vs them.
Conte has to do adjustments for Real especially or they will hurt us badly. They're comfortable in possession so prepare for 90 minutes of 'ole!' and have WC wingers in Ronaldo, Di Maria and Bale who will rip our slow defense apart. Against Real our defending has to start much higher up the pitch on their half. If we give them freedom we stand no chance.

The thing with 3-4-3 is the same problem as 4-3-3,no proper RW.Vucinic and Tevez wont play there ,so quit this fantasy.

Options include Giovinco but he's not that direct and i question his ability to track back.I suppose you could include Isla as another option and i would say the most feasible option for that position but does Conte really seem convinced of playing him there ? Doesnt seem like it.
Tevez can play RWF, Vucinic too don't be so Conte-like stubborn (no offense :D). It's not like in 352 Tevez isn't droping back deep to midfield and moving to the wings, right? I'd personally put Tevez as LWF and gave him a more free role. On the right Vucinic could work but I can see Isla being successful there.
If Isnigne, Callejon and Mertens can play successfully as wingers I can't see why such a talented workhorse like Tevez couldn't play there.

Well Tevez himself says he prefers to play in a central role.Putting him there wont get the best of him in my opinion.
Right so there's one more solution to this. Since there are some fantasy formations I'd like to see something like this (as for Pirlo-less formation):
Buffon
Licht - Barzagli - Bonucci - Chiellini
VIdal - Pogba
Isla - Tevez - Vucinic
Llorente​

IMO it's a very athletic, strong and creative starting 11. Tevez plays more in the middle, Vucinic as a left winger played successfully here in 433. Tevez and Vucinic would make our game and Isla on the right to provide a lot of running and crosses to Llorente who lives in the box from crosses (actually Isla has a decent crossing I think). Vidal - Pogba to control our midfield who'd be backed up by Licht often as he moves forward a lot. Our 3 CBs to do the job they're doing right now.

Llorente would benefit from any 3-man attack IMO. Right now he's wasted. Asamoah and Marchisio would be our backups for CM. If we'd want to have a more defensive formation I'd put Vidal in Tevez's place.

Opinions? :D

PiN7uRiCCHi0

Aug 18, 2010
In my opinion, we will not be seeing Juventus in a 3-4-3 formation anytime soon. If Conte intends to develop an alternative formation I think he will go back to the tried and tested 4-3-3.

A 3-4-3 formation at first glance may seem a viable option right now but there are some serious drawbacks.

My take on this is that the formation rarely utilises to a great effect a typical central forward so despite what many here may think Llorente would not suitable for any of the attacking roles. Attacking threat here comes from the wings so the central forward's role here is to drag defenders out of position so that the wingers can cut into the empty space from the flanks. It is a logical approach as the threat now comes from two attacking players rather than just one if you intend to use wingers in more orthodox role, i.e. cut to the by-line and cross for the central forward. Therefore, the central forward has to be a good, mobile all-round player.

This formation also largely ignores the central part of the pitch as it deploys only two central midfielders. This can be a catastrophe as teams nowadays often deploy three men in the middle and sometimes even four when you consider a holding player in front of the defence.

Another issue in our particular case would be that wingers have to track back opposition wide players because central midfielders can't possibly move out to help wide midfielders defend the flanks as that would leave the middle disastrously exposed. I can't think of any players at Juve who can do that properly and consistently.

My guess is that should Conte revert to something else it will be 4-3-3 as it is more balanced. The only issue being we would have to destroy the defensive trio that has grown so solid in the last two seasons. As I am against this idea at this particular point in time I prefer keeping the 3-5-2. Maybe in the future when we are able to form a solid two-man partnership at the back we can ditch the 3-5-2.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Conte is not surprised by the start of Napoli, Inter and Roma. He said that he predicted they will fight for the title.
It shows that the competition is challenging and that we have to be competitive in order to win.
Storari will start tomorrow (See he is rotating)
The choice of players is made by all of us at the club, we support them and work hard as a team. (But the starting 11 is chosen only by him)
The return of Marchisio will allow me to rotate the midfielders. (In other words Pogba will hit the bench)
He had a bad injury and he is working hard with the medical team to return.
I liked what I saw from Ogbonna so far, it allows me to have options in defence. (Yes like playing Bonucci in an awkward position)
Llorente needs to regain strength, it is something you lose when you are sidelined for a year. He will get his chance (in a Coppa match)
We were also criticized last year, we know the pressure and we will use it to motivate us. (the only different thing is that the opposition is much stronger this year)

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
thats pretty much conte, allways wanting to show he's in charge.

i dont mind, but when it hurts the club, i do.
Great, we're going to go the way of the Third Reich, lucky but highly organised early successes only to find out we were doomed from the start due to our leaders inability to accept his deficiencies and adapt to reality.

We'll be posting that clip from Der Untergang by the end of our CL campaign...

Dec 31, 2008
“It’s only normal for people to talk about Juve in crisis, as we are Juve,” shrugged the Coach during his Press conference.
“Last year more or less the same thing happened in this period when we drew Nordsjaelland and lost to Inter. We are accustomed to this at Juve, as there is always going to be pressure and we mustn’t let it crush us, instead using it to bring something more out of ourselves.
“This is the exact same criticism we received last year, that Juve only do well in Italy, then we beat Chelsea 3-0 and suddenly the headlines suggested we could win the Champions League. We are in Italy, a country that lives on its excesses. Our job is to control these situations and stay calm.”
“I can confirm Marco Storari will start. It’s a normal rotation that we also did last year. Buffon is coming from international duty and we have another four games in quick succession ahead of us, so together with him and the fitness coaches we decided to rest him.
“It’s normal, as every win was down to the support of all the players. Everyone in this squad deserves to play for Juventus.”
“I find it unfair that I have to get criticised for how I play Llorente. I understand if there’s criticism over results, but not this. The same ought to happen for the lack of playing time for Sebastian Giovinco or Simone Padoin.
“I am the Coach and I know what happens during the week in training.Llorente is a player we all chose together and we all support him together. I don’t want this game of trying to figure out who wanted who. The basis of our success over these years is that we shared everything, the positive and negative choices.
“Fernando basically didn’t play for a year due to his problems with Bilbao, which is why he needed time to rediscover the grit, intensity and tempo of a match situation. You lose these things when you don’t play.
“Now he has trained for three months and will have his chance, because he is earning it. He could play tomorrow, Wednesday or next Sunday. I won’t tell you when it will happen, though.
“Claudio Marchisio played in the midweek friendly test and is available for Sunday. It’s an important return, as he allows me to rotate the midfielders.”
Napoli and Roma are top of the table with 100 per cent records, while Inter and Fiorentina have also had strong starts.
“I am not surprised, because I always said this was going to be a very complex campaign, as teams reinforced and can aim for the Scudetto. It’s exciting, as it forces us to play very well in order to win. I’m happy with that.”

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
“I find it unfair that I have to get criticised for how I play Llorente. I understand if there’s criticism over results, but not this. The same ought to happen for the lack of playing time for Sebastian Giovinco or Simone Padoin.
:lol: But they aren't receiving around 4m per year, are they?

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Should that be a reason to start him? Just because he earns more?
Of course not but I'm starting to believe there's serious miscommunication between Marotta and Conte if such a huge wage was offered in the first place. They knew what they're getting. You simply don't offer 4m contract per year to a player whose characteristics don't suit you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)