Antonio Conte (233 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
With the reactions of a lot of people with these two being sold.

two bench players, and one of them (Matri) being either the 5th or 6th forward.

If an outsider came into this forum and saw the reactions, they would think that we sold off Messi and Ribery.

I'm not saying it's you, but it's getting a little crazy around here.

Everyone was saying "Juve need to get rid of the deadwood".

Well.............................................................................

that's what they're doing, and now everyone is losing their minds.
You do realize that Matri has a lot of supporters here, who have stood by him for a very long time?

Buy on AliExpress.com
Dec 31, 2008
I consider Quag and Matri as strikers of almost same calibre even if they have different styles. One of them as our 4th striker who could come off the bench or start during an injury crisis is great because these guys have a pretty good understanding with the rest of the team. I think Quag will do that job quite well.

The additions which we could make are a LWB firstly and a RW(enabling occasional use of 4-3-3).

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Tevez was bought Giovinco should have been sold. Llorente was brought instead of that forward that was never bought, Borriello, Bendtner or Anelka. Quagliarella and Matri should stay.

Giaccherrini was a squad player so is Marrone, we got rid of one and now we are selling the other, who did we get instead? Marchisio is now injured for a month, are we covering for that? What if Vidal gets a lengthy injury later on in in the season or Pirlo?

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
And you do realize that I was one of the first to be very happy about his purchase 2 years ago.
Ok, but what's your point?

Today you express frustration with the level of sadness and disappointment some members show after the sale of Matri. I asked you what I asked you just now because I don't understand your Matri-related posts today. First you run around telling people how they should or shouldn't feel about all of this, and then you say that you were happy with his purchase 2 years ago. I don't understand what you're on about today at all, Sergio.

Dec 31, 2008
And who would fill Asamoah's place? The left winger that we never even thought of buying?
Yeah we should get LWB for Asamoah to be used in the centre.

Vidal-Pirlo-Pogba.

Marchisio, Asamoah as subs. We should try for someone who can sub Pirlo.

For the forward line we have Tevez-Llorente. Mirko and Quag as subs.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Yeah we should get LWB for Asamoah to be used in the centre.

Vidal-Pirlo-Pogba.

Marchisio, Asamoah as subs. We should try for someone who can sub Pirlo.

For the forward line we have Tevez-Llorente. Mirko and Quag as subs.
We are not getting anyone, no LWB, no RW no CM. We will only sell until the end of the window.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Ok, but what's your point?

Today you express frustration with the level of sadness and disappointment some members show after the sale of Matri. I asked you what I asked you just now because I don't understand your Matri-related posts today. First you run around telling people how they should or shouldn't feel about all of this, and then you say that you were happy with his purchase 2 years ago. I don't understand what you're on about today at all, Sergio.

No. what pisses me off is that a lot of people have made this a Matri vs. Quag scenario, when they are mutually exclusive of each other. Some people have gone on to say how much they hate Quag now that Matri has been sold, which is ridiculous in my opinion.

And of course I was happy with hsi purchase 2 years ago. He was what Juve needed. They don't need him anymore.

The fact of the matter is that Juve did a fantastic piece of business here, and we didn't sell Cristiano Ronaldo here.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
@Jem83

Look, man. I can understand why you are upset. He was one of yours and others favorite players on the squad, but look at this realistically.

How much playing time was he going to get? He would have been the 5th choice striker on this squad, assuming the 4 ahead of him are healthy, and to be able to cash in now while there is still some value to him is something that Juve couldn't pass up.

Personally, I would have sold Giovinco. I don't see a place for him on this squad, but what's done is done. I was never a fan of Giovinco (Dude, all you have to do is go back about three years ago when I was fighting a one man battle against the forum).

I appreciate what Matri did for the squad, and never slated him.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
No. what pisses me off is that a lot of people have made this a Matri vs. Quag scenario, when they are mutually exclusive of each other. Some people have gone on to say how much they hate Quag now that Matri has been sold, which is ridiculous in my opinion.

And of course I was happy with hsi purchase 2 years ago. He was what Juve needed. They don't need him anymore.

The fact of the matter is that Juve did a fantastic piece of business here, and we didn't sell Cristiano Ronaldo here.
Yeah, the Matri vs. Quag-thing got tiresome quite awhile ago, and I've noticed more and more people refrain from posting on such topics (me included). So that part I get.

Also, it's true that we didn't sell a player of C. Ronaldo's calibre, but Matri was someone's favourite and those persons should be allowed to express their sadness and disappointment. Especially now, on the day of the sale.

As for Juve not needing Matri anymore, I don't agree with it, because it leaves us with Llorente as our only CF. You may ask, well why the hell did we sell him then, if we needed him? I believe Conte was truthful today in the press conference when he said that from a technical standpoint and from a dressing room standpoint he would never have let him go if he could keep him. But the fact is that we need to sell, and such an offer never arrived for Quagliarella. Just offers in the 7-8m region which the player himself also seemed to have rejected. Conte did truly seem pissed with the sale of Matri, so I believe him.

- - - Updated - - -

@Jem83

Look, man. I can understand why you are upset. He was one of yours and others favorite players on the squad, but look at this realistically.

How much playing time was he going to get? He would have been the 5th choice striker on this squad, assuming the 4 ahead of him are healthy, and to be able to cash in now while there is still some value to him is something that Juve couldn't pass up.

Personally, I would have sold Giovinco. I don't see a place for him on this squad, but what's done is done. I was never a fan of Giovinco (Dude, all you have to do is go back about three years ago when I was fighting a one man battle against the forum).

I appreciate what Matri did for the squad, and never slated him.
It's a good deal from an economical standpoint, but from a technical one I don't really rate this sale. If Llorente flops, we are left with no real strikers.

But I respect your opinion, though, and as I said: 12 million for Matri is a sum that is close to his value, so looking at the deal in itself it's not a bad transfer. I just don't think it's one that should've been made.

Totally agree on the Gio part :tup:

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
Jul 12, 2006

Conte is playing everyone especially the media

they all say we are favorites, we made the squad even stronger and have no competition and Conte was denying it saying we lost 2 important players, are starting from zero again, we don't have the money to make big purchases and all the other clubs have made there squads much stronger

The club wont sell a player without the OK from Conte

Conte said no to the sale of certain players and the club agreed and turned down big money

Conte asked for 4 players and so far has gotten 3

The only thing that he is a little pissed about is that Matri was sold and not Quag (so far)

the media will blow it up as per usual with it involving Juve but what Conte said was all planed and he knew what he was doing

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
My thoughts exactly. Conte is great actor. :lol:

Everyone expected that we'll sell Quag or Matri but now that it has happened he's acting like deeply concerned. I like his mind games. Other coaches are amateurs compared to him.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Yeah, the Matri vs. Quag-thing got tiresome quite awhile ago, and I've noticed more and more people refrain from posting on such topics (me included). So that part I get.

Also, it's true that we didn't sell a player of C. Ronaldo's calibre, but Matri was someone's favourite and those persons should be allowed to express their sadness and disappointment. Especially now, on the day of the sale.

As for Juve not needing Matri anymore, I don't agree with it, because it leaves us with Llorente as our only CF. You may ask, well why the hell did we sell him then, if we needed him? I believe Conte was truthful today in the press conference when he said that from a technical standpoint and from a dressing room standpoint he would never have let him go if he could keep him. But the fact is that we need to sell, and such an offer never arrived for Quagliarella. Just offers in the 7-8m region which the player himself also seemed to have rejected. Conte did truly seem pissed with the sale of Matri, so I believe him.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a good deal from an economical standpoint, but from a technical one I don't really rate this sale. If Llorente flops, we are left with no real strikers.

But I respect your opinion, though, and as I said: 12 million for Matri is a sum that is close to his value, so looking at the deal in itself it's not a bad transfer. I just don't think it's one that should've been made.

Totally agree on the Gio part :tup:
And I respect your opinion as well. You know that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 224)