Antonio Conte (184 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Dec 31, 2008
“Matri is the striker who has scored the most goals here over the last two years,” the former midfielder noted.
“Technically speaking, I wasn’t expecting his sale or that of Giaccherini. But Milan made an offer. I would never have sacrificed him if we were not in an economical crisis.
“A Coach has to live with the current situation and accept certain exits. But I hope that one day I’m told I have €50m to spend on the market in the way I want.”
He added: “Matri’s sacrifice underlines that the financial situation in Italy is difficult, with a few exceptions like Napoli.
“Sides like Juventus are forced to sell when important offers are made. It’s part of the puzzle – if you bring in new pieces then you have to take away others.
“People say that the gap between us and the rest has increased, but we have been weakened with the departures of Matri and Giaccherini.
“We have strengthened Milan, but what can we do?”
Conte is now hoping the club don’t release any more of his squad, especially in attack where he has been left with five forwards.
“That’s the minimum amount for a team playing in three competitions. I’m no hoping that Fabio Quagliarella doesn’t leave.”

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
He's trying to say he didn't want Giach or Matri to leave but its obviously been him that gave the transfers the green light.

I think he's built a special relationship with his players and doesn't want them to blame him for them being sold.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
[I]“Matri is the striker who has scored the most goals here over the last two years,” the former midfielder noted.[/I]
“Technically speaking, I wasn’t expecting his sale or that of Giaccherini. But Milan made an offer. I would never have sacrificed him if we were not in an economical crisis.
“A Coach has to live with the current situation and accept certain exits. But I hope that one day I’m told I have €50m to spend on the market in the way I want.”
He added: “Matri’s sacrifice underlines that the financial situation in Italy is difficult, with a few exceptions like Napoli.
“Sides like Juventus are forced to sell when important offers are made. It’s part of the puzzle – if you bring in new pieces then you have to take away others.
“People say that the gap between us and the rest has increased, but we have been weakened with the departures of Matri and Giaccherini.
“We have strengthened Milan, but what can we do?”
Conte is now hoping the club don’t release any more of his squad, especially in attack where he has been left with five forwards.
“That’s the minimum amount for a team playing in three competitions. I’m no hoping that Fabio Quagliarella doesn’t leave.”

Then if that was the case, why did you ask for reinforcements in the attack?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Then if that was the case, why did you ask for reinforcements in the attack?
You have four forwards and ask for reinforcement, you get them but at the same time you get rid of your best one, did you drastically strengthen or just slightly? With Matri's departure the arrival of Tevez and Llorente is not as significant anymore. Add to that the departure of giaccherrini, someone who played everywhere without any arrivals to fill his place. I agree with him, what if Tevez and Llorente flop?

Dec 31, 2008
You have four forwards and ask for reinforcement, you get them but at the same time you get rid of your best one, did you drastically strengthen or just slightly? With Matri's departure the arrival of Tevez and Llorente is not as significant anymore. Add to that the departure of giaccherrini, someone who played everywhere without any arrivals to fill his place. I agree with him, what if Tevez and Llorente flop?
What?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If they flop then it's his fault as much as anyone else's. Look, he was able to win a second consecutive scudetto and reach the final 8 in CL last year with that set of forwards, whom NO ONE on this forum were acknowledging as top notch.

He has more weapons now than he ever had in the past 2 seasons. It's on him now.

And as far as Matri being the best forward last year, it's waht I always say.

Even if you win the special olympics, at the end of the day, you're still retarded.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I love how revisionist history is making Matri and Giaccherini out to be the second coming of Messi and Ribery.

All of a sudden, these two are now vital pieces that Juve cannot hope to recover from.

Really.

They were bench players.

Dec 31, 2008
If they flop then it's his fault as much as anyone else's. Look, he was able to win a second consecutive scudetto and reach the final 8 in CL last year with that set of forwards, whom NO ONE on this forum were acknowledging as top notch.

He has more weapons now than he ever had in the past 2 seasons. It's on him now.

And as far as Matri being the best forward last year, it's waht I always say.

Even if you win the special olympics, at the end of the day, you're still retarded.
:confused2

Dec 31, 2008
Out of Matri, Quagliarella and Giovinco, Matri is the best. The fourth forward is Boriello, Bendtner or Anelka. Clear now?
Mirko was our best forward.

If you are talking about last season, Quag was better for us than Matri. In the season before that Matri was better.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I love how revisionist history is making Matri and Giaccherini out to be the second coming of Messi and Ribery.

All of a sudden, these two are now vital pieces that Juve cannot hope to recover from.

Really.

They were bench players.
If you were referring to my post then you totally misunderstood me. Messi and Ribery? Where did I even imply that or make you jump to this conclusion?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If you were referring to my post then you totally misunderstood me. Messi and Ribery? Where did I even imply that or make you jump to this conclusion?
With the reactions of a lot of people with these two being sold.

two bench players, and one of them (Matri) being either the 5th or 6th forward.

If an outsider came into this forum and saw the reactions, they would think that we sold off Messi and Ribery.

I'm not saying it's you, but it's getting a little crazy around here.

Everyone was saying "Juve need to get rid of the deadwood".

Well.............................................................................

that's what they're doing, and now everyone is losing their minds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 169)