Antonio Conte (350 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Do not be fooled by some cheap journalists that can sell ony dramatics storys. You can not be afraid of assumptions that are only and only assumptions.
If there was only newspaper-talk, I wouldn't even be bothered, but the reason I'm worried is that those stories are coupled with actual statements by Conte and also by the fact that this uncertainty has been looming for quite some time now. Even before, during and after the scudetto-celebrations, there have been actual quotes creating uncertainty, even by Conte himself. So it's not just something the newspapers have created out of nothing. But they are indeed overdramatizing it, though, and making the most of it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Mancini :inter:

If some unforeseen circumstance was to necessitate a change of coach, I think Prandelli would be the most likely.
Or Deschamps.

But I'm not expecting this to be an issue for two seasons, at least. Conte says a lot of things and has an expressive character, but he has plenty of time to have his shot abroad. It's not all green for him, he would have a much smaller allowance for failure than he would with a mediocre season here.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
All i think is that is pretty sure that Conte is making demands.... and if he says that he wants to have a bigger impact on the mercato.- he surely aimed that comment to Marotta.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
And then Marotta will turn around and look at Agnelli, and then Andrea can message Elkann. Point being, they all have to look at the finances overall.

Conte can only 'demand' so much, because he won't find an open chequebook here. I don't believe he is asking for that, he's not stupid. I think he is looking for more than the 'normal', that sacrifice and possible restructuring to look at taking on players with higher salaries.

Transfer fees are one thing, and people get preoccupied with that and adding up squad players, but finding a balance of star quality salaries and depth on our budget is on the edge. An extra €50m and perhaps it's no problem, because we are currently using that on moving squad players around including their salaries.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Allright people listen a bit, and then relax.

Past 3 years of rebuilding, juventus was not in a position to just sign who we wanted, we had to make very good economic deals. during that time, the coach had to shut the fuck up, and be happy with the good players he got, cause we werent in a position to just buy what we want. sure we can take his requests in mind, but when suddenly asamoah and isla package appears, you take it.

From this summer on, with our turnover going from a pathetic 200mil to an allmost decent 280mil, plus twice scudetto winners, championslegue QF against later winner bayeren monaco, we are attractive in a shit league. So we can start getting a premium quality player each summer if neccecary.

Its is normal, that in this situation, since its alot of gold on one player, that the coach has a say in who we should target, and who he cannot use. After all the coach has proven very skillfull, and should now get dat player, that improves his formation the most, but is also economically realistic for the team.

So Conte getting more say in transfers from this summer on, is natural.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I agree with you on points, those Buck indirectly makes as well, we do want things maybe too soon. We've done things so quickly in the last 2-3 years that we can continue at this pace. Next stop, top CL side? That's too soon, it'll take us years to reach that level simply because of finances.

We can try to punch above our weight, like Dortmund, but then they are making top players, not trying to buy them like us. Where does Reus come from for €17m to be a top CL performer? Why weren't other clubs onto him? And more importantly, where is the equivalent for us to buy?

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I agree with you on points, those Buck indirectly makes as well, we do want things maybe too soon. We've done things so quickly in the last 2-3 years that we can continue at this pace. Next stop, top CL side? That's too soon, it'll take us years to reach that level simply because of finances.

We can try to punch above our weight, like Dortmund, but then they are making top players, not trying to buy them like us. Where does Reus come from for €17m to be a top CL performer? Why weren't other clubs onto him? And more importantly, where is the equivalent for us to buy?
Bonaventura :troll:

- - - Updated - - -

dat conte-marotta-agnelli meating today ?
They meating alright

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

They were.

Reus chose to go to BVB instead of Bayern.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 346)