Antonio Conte (342 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
As far as I'm aware it simply means that if someone would pay the clause, there is nothing Juve could do about it, like you said. If you don't have a clause it's up to the clubs to reach an agreement.
@Lion: Obviously that can only happen if Conte would want to leave. It's not like he has to leave if someone payed the clause.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
As far as I'm aware it simply means that if someone would pay the clause, there is nothing Juve could do about it, like you said. If you don't have a clause it's up to the clubs to reach an agreement.
@Lion: Obviously that can only happen if Conte would want to leave. It's not like he has to leave if someone payed the clause.
No but in a sense, we've created his market worth, and I think even as a coach, no matter how loyal you are to your club, if someone paid 20m for you, it would suggest that they've got some serious spending power apart from the fact that they value you in a big way. It will perhaps make him more open to moving vis a vis not quantifying his value and having clubs approach us, and talk to him etc. Dunno if I'm articulating this right.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
you are not. conte would still have to find the contract offered, and the project attaractive.

example. if a saudi arabian team came knokcing, and he said no, it not like he could leave because juve says sorry we can do nothing.

a transfer clause is only as good as if the traget wants to leave. players and coaches are not slaves.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
you are not. conte would still have to find the contract offered, and the project attaractive.

example. if a saudi arabian team came knokcing, and he said no, it not like he could leave because juve says sorry we can do nothing.

a transfer clause is only as good as if the traget wants to leave. players and coaches are not slaves.
More realistic examples. PsG, City, even a team with history and legacy like Madrid. The point is, if these kind of guys came knocking on the door, it is perhaps going to make the situation a little more vulnerable cos the clause is met. Juve will not be as against it coz they'll be getting some decent cash than they otherwise would perhaps be. Conte will probably have a lot more to think about because he has a tangible measure that has been met. It will perhaps leave everyone more open to thinking about a deal in a sense. Just the way I see it anyway.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I wouldn't expect anyone to pay the 20m.

More likely, if Conte wanted to move, it'd provide some sort of opening bargaining position for Juve.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
From Pirlo's book:

Pirlo: "they fear us, more and more. They remind us daily, in particular Conte reminds us when he sticks a newspaper on the lockeroom door. Articles of opponents talking about us, Conte underlines with the red marker the things people say about us..."

Conte: "Lads, have you heard this guy? He said that we have weaknesses"
Team: "It's bullshit coach"
Conte: "...It might be but if we are men, we have to prove it on the pitch that he's wrong."
Conte: "...And this other guy? He swears that we'll collapse eventually"
Team replied: "This is bullshit too coach!"
Conte: "We shouldn't fall for the trap, the only way to prove it is a lie, is to win."
Conte: "Oh and have you read the last line which I underlined?"
Team: "Yes, this dumbass said that we're the most hated team in the world"
Conte: "...He's right about that, when we see him on the pitch we have to thank him for the compliment, it means that we're back"
Conte: "Remember: only those who don't win, receive sympathy from their rivals"
Team: "He also said that you're mad"
Conte: "See? After chatting a lot of rubbish, he said something true"
Conte: "Now you owe me €1.20"
Team: "Why?"

Conte: "...for the newspaper"

:lol2:
This club :touched:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 337)