Antonio Conte (374 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
IMO Agnelli played a big role in creating (if any) tension between Ale and Conte.

Conte was not going to build a team around a player on the last year of his contract and who was unceremoniously pushed out of the club.

Conte being jealous of Ale, nah that is quite far-fetched.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
IMO Agnelli played a big role in creating (if any) tension between Ale and Conte.

Conte was not going to build a team around a player on the last year of his contract and who was unceremoniously pushed out of the club.

Conte being jealous of Ale, nah that is quite far-fetched.
That is much more believable and rational than the crap the other posters mate was spouting.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
That they arent possibly great friends or that cordial? Thats not so unlikely, and at times the substitutions made me wonder, but in general to go so far of as conspiracy theories or some petty dislike that lead to him leaving? Total BS IMO. Just the wrong time for them to be working together, with what Conte wants from a player in his set up, plus Ale's sitaution with the club.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
That they arent possibly great friends or that cordial? Thats not so unlikely, and at times the substitutions made me wonder, but in general to go so far of as conspiracy theories or some petty dislike that lead to him leaving? Total BS IMO. Just the wrong time for them to be working together, with what Conte wants from a player in his set up, plus Ale's sitaution with the club.

Not only that they are not friends, but that Conte wanted Ale out, I think I've even said it before, last season.

Conte strikes me as the type of person who wants to have full control and wants to be the only authority (I think he's Capello-like in that regard), and perhaps that was hard to achieve with Ale and maybe he felt threatened by Ale, that he wouldnt be able to assert full authority over the layers with him there.

All in all, I do think its more likely Ale left because of Conte than Agnelli, I think Agnelli had to choose one horse to bet on and chose Conte.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
The thing is ....

It was the right time for il capitano to go. Conte saw it from a sporting perspective and Agnelli saw it from a contract/wages-perspective. They probably both discussed it and Agnelli had the balls to make it happen.

That's it, really.

SoulSiick

Schizoid Man
Oct 16, 2007
All in all, I do think its more likely Ale left because of Conte than Agnelli, I think Agnelli had to choose one horse to bet on and chose Conte.
I don't Agree. Its was end of an era for Agnelli. he wanted to change the team completely, letting go of Ale was on the line with letting go of Trez, Camo and other players. If Ale stayed for another year I think was for the new stadium and for his symbolic and off the field influence\leadership on the team that was changing. It was not the right time for him and for the team to leave. so he stayed for another year.

When Ale said this :

I signed my first Juventus contract blank,and I will sign blank the last contract of my career wearing this jersey.
Source: http://en.alessandrodelpiero.com/news/for-you_160.html

It was three months before Conte joined Juve, so I think Ale's departure was well decided before Conte.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
I don't Agree. Its was end of an era for Agnelli. he wanted to change the team completely, letting go of Ale was on the line with letting go of Trez, Camo and other players. If Ale stayed for another year I think was for the new stadium and for his symbolic and off the field influence\leadership on the team that was changing. It was not the right time for him and for the team to leave. so he stayed for another year.

When Ale said this :

I signed my first Juventus contract blank,and I will sign blank the last contract of my career wearing this jersey.
Source: http://en.alessandrodelpiero.com/news/for-you_160.html

It was three months before Conte joined Juve, so I think Ale's departure was well decided before Conte.
I think Conte was already the new juve coach in febuary or march. just that we didn't knew doesn't mean it wasn't decided. and for me conte think at the long term and not at the short term. I miss ale at juve but we need to go through and get used to a juve without Del Piero.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
It was clear from last year that Ale and Conte had a beef, a small or big i don't know, they never celebrated together, In Ale's final game he didn't even hug Conte on his way out.
He was clearly forced out of the club, he even admitted that. It was wrong to let your biggest legend to walk that way but we'are lacking class in so many things that it doesn't surprise me that we are treating our legend this way.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
I think Conte was already the new juve coach in febuary or march. just that we didn't knew doesn't mean it wasn't decided. and for me conte think at the long term and not at the short term. I miss ale at juve but we need to go through and get used to a juve without Del Piero.
Dafuq?

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
It was clear from last year that Ale and Conte had a beef, a small or big i don't know, they never celebrated together, In Ale's final game he didn't even hug Conte on his way out.
He was clearly forced out of the club, he even admitted that. It was wrong to let your biggest legend to walk that way but we'are lacking class in so many things that it doesn't surprise me that we are treating our legend this way.
Don't think it's a new thing though, if I remember correctly Davids left in even worse circumstances that Ale (and Davids was still relatively younger and fitter than Alex).

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 369)