Antonio Conte (173 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

But what makes me love Juventuz so much is just how so many people are so passionate about their opinions and simply can't bear the thought if people not agreeing with theirs. The banter here is brilliant.

For the record Conte wouldn't have been my first choice but what would I know? I don't think his decision to take the job shows any arrogance or reckless selfishness on his behalf, what professional coach of a club like Siena would turn down the chance to coach Juventus if it were offered to them, especially a coach who has a history with Juventus? It doesn't mean he'll succeed but I'll wait a while before I pass judgment.

Keep it up everyone

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
A coach that actually gives a damn for this club...
There could be a time for Conte s arrival, but its just not it...
Its terrible timing for his appointment. Like I said we're at a very precious juncture in our return to the top. Conte would have done well to observe what happened to Ferarra and Delneri. We needed someone with experience at the top.. too bad for us. Good luck Antonio, prove me wrong!

dodo

The Recruiter
Apr 25, 2011
I was hoping for DD/AVB/vanGaal.. Van Gaal as coach for 2 years, Conte as assistant manager learning from him getting ready to take over when Van Gaal will leave for a NT. That would've been perfect, but if he feels he's ready to lead right now then I say good luck Antonio. I hope you'll prove the doubters (including me) wrong.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
+ they praised ferrara personality and his experience with Lippi more than his coaching or leading ability... but they praised Conte alot more differently
Indeed. Ciro was hailed for being Lippi's assistant coach and specially after Italy winning their WC in 06. Add to that Lippi is the one who advice the Juve board. Whereas Conte has worked hard in Serie B and has proven that he plays attacking football.

Juve were Ciro's first coaching experience so there's no way he would be labeled as an attacking coach when he never coached a side.

Nov 1, 2002
Indeed. Ciro was hailed for being Lippi's assistant coach and specially after Italy winning their WC in 06. Add to that Lippi is the one who advice the Juve board. Whereas Conte has worked hard in Serie B and has proven that he plays attacking football.

Juve were Ciro's first coaching experience so there's no way he would be labeled as an attacking coach when he never coached a side.
:tup:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Actually didn't Ciro himself say that? :D It was more open than Delneri, anyway. Thanks to the genius of Diego.
I remember. Actually everyone was fed up with Ranieri's defensive system and mentality and when we brought Ciro in he was asked if he would play more offensive than what Ranieri's system used to be and he said he would play an attacking football.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
there's no chance he will play 4-3-3?

could be our best possible formation...
He could. But to be able to play a successful 4-3-3 you need good full-backs before anything.

I still don't know why we're trying to purchase strikers first and not full-backs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 165)