Antonio Conte (111 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
There is no point in predicting failure for Conte, speaking of his selfishness (don't know where you get that from) or comparing him with Ferrara. Conte was and is more inteligent than the latter one. I will always keep supporting every new coach because for me to bitch about something that hasn't happened yet (failure) doesn't make sense. Judge his work after 10-15 games, but not now.

Mar 24, 2006
There is no point in predicting failure for Conte, speaking of his selfishness (don't know where you get that from) or comparing him with Ferrara. Conte was and is more inteligent than the latter one. I will always keep supporting every new coach because for me to bitch about something that hasn't happened yet (failure) doesn't make sense. Judge his work after 10-15 games, but not now.
:tup:
Agreed , Broseppi

Jan 22, 2009
People, just put yourself in his shoes and try to reject such offer! Good luck with it. Only a coward would reject it, Conte has self confidence and his showing it, nothing wrong about it!

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
This coach is very very limited, he does not have the exp to rebuild our squad, to fix our defensive lapses, to create an attacking plan that works, to tweak our midfield in order to get the best out of our midfieders. He has not the prestige to make demands or attract high quality players, neither the influence.
We know all that for sure, we have seen how it worked out, when men of similar exp but ambitious naivety have tried and failed, we should know better by now...
Yes, his Ranocchia is better than Bonucci always comes to mind.

What is correct about hoping? It is only hoping, not a prediction.
He is, as he has proven by the time they were playing together and thats why a better team chose him and we took the leftovers
and is cheaper too, honestly do you believe that Bonucci has justified the 22mil we have spent for him in cash and players?
Do you honestly believe that he would have coped better in world class competition within and vs the CL greatest strikers?
You have seen him here having a troubles, when he only had to face Barzaglis and Lucarellis
I don't think Conte accepted job out of selfish reasons. Today beeing our coach is very risky job. If results don't match expectations the coach, no metter who he is, will be the first one to blame. If he fails it can only be a step backward in his career. For me he is a good choice. I would give him 3 out of 5, but also I think that there weren't many candidates for our job. Other good coaches simply avoid us, because we are as I said risky buissnes. How many times have we read the names of Capello, Hidink, Benitez (even though he sucks as a coach), Spalleti, most recently Boas, and in the and we would get Ferrara, Del Neri or now Conte. We should give Conte support and hope for the best. In a field he was our saviour, giving goals in the last minutes. Does anybody remember CL quater finals against Panathinaikos and Conte's goal which took us to semis and many more decisive goals, I hope he will continue with saving us only this time in a different role.
It wont be a step forward, if he remains in serie A, no other serie B coach has the opportunity to coach Juve and no other coach serie B, coming in serie A has the opportunity to coach a team like ours and rank 7-10 even if he fails.
CR and DN have also failed, but that doesnt mean that they wont find jobs in serie A, maybe not among the top fliers, but average to bottom line teams would easily give them a chance.

Conte would never had that chance if he wasnt a former Juve glory, his wining medals has not earned the right to be in our bench, as a coach.
If he stays in serie B longer, he will always be a serie B coach, we are his best chance in serie A and despite being at the worst possible moment, he wants to waste us one more year, so that he can have a chance as a serie A coach, a few years after our failure...
@Cron: That's a bit harsh. Agreed that he may not be what we need or want at this stage of Project Geronimo, but to knock on him personally, saying he's taking advantage of our situation is a little unfair IMO.
He is and history will prove that, i believe that he is not that stupid, to believe that he can succeed where DN and CR have failed, right from the first season...

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
This coach is very very limited, he does not have the exp to rebuild our squad, to fix our defensive lapses, to create an attacking plan that works, to tweak our midfield in order to get the best out of our midfieders. He has not the prestige to make demands or attract high quality players, neither the influence.
We know all that for sure, we have seen how it worked out, when men of similar exp but ambitious naivety have tried and failed, we should know better by now...
Have you ever watched how Conte's teams play, or are you just guessing it? And yeah like Guardiola was more expirienced when he took Barcelona, and look at them now. You can never say for sure in those things. He can be good, or he can fail, but I somehow see him turning good for us.
If he stays in serie B longer, he will always be a serie B coach, we are his best chance in serie A and despite being at the worst possible moment, he wants to waste us one more year, so that he can have a chance as a serie A coach, a few years after our failure...
Do you really think Conte is thinking deliberately to waste our season or maybe your imagianation is running wild?

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
At this point unfortunately we can only hope.
this is not juventus...cron is so right about this...getting a b coach for us isn't the solution...paying millions for carlo or andre was the best solution. Il Capitano has my full support though right now because he's our current coach.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
There is some truth to Cronios' posts. Conte should know better then the management that he is not suitable to bring a club of Juventus' caliber back to what it needs to be. In truth, accepting the job was rather selfish. Do you really think he's dumb enough to actually believe he has the credentials and experience necessary to take this job on? If Conte thought logically about the validity of his appointment he would have refused it especially knowing that his appointment was widely regarded as his and Juve's destiny. Obviously this offer was never going to be last. Instead, he thought with his heart and the opportunity to launch his career as a manager (with Juventus no less) understandably was too hard to say no to.

Unless Conte is deluded enough to truly believe that he is the right man for the job, it doesn't take a genius to realise that his decision was made in the name of self interest. It would be too harsh however, to judge him for doing so and the blame should be directed solely at those who offered him the job in the first place.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
What a load of horseshit.

Blame Marotta/Agnelli for hiring him. As if any true Juventino (like Conte undoubtedly is) would ever turn down this job.
I definitely wouldn't. A true Juventino should do what's best for Juventus, not themselves. Its harder for Conte though, because there are reasons that have obviously given him the confidence to accept the job. Regardless of that, its clear that he's still not fit to manage us and he should know that.

Apr 29, 2006
I don't think Conte is the best option, but in reality are there many options? I think Cronios is a bit on the right side. If Conte is such a great coach he would know when and how to take a team. Look at Mourinho, he is selecting his teams since Porto. If he goes somewhere, he sets the expectations and he sets the budgets. Coming here playing second fiddle to Marotta is exactly what an young and talented coach shouldn't do. Our expectations will be set by the boards and our main transfer targets would be selected from the board of idiots. Even if Conte comes here now he wouldn't have much say in any of this. Imagine Conte on his first week having an argument with Buffon for some reason... Who will be grounded? The coach i suppose. Conte should take his seria B team to mid-table next year or take a seria A team with less expectations and win some silverware so that his image befits his status as a head coach of Juventus and vice versa.
DD won Seria B with us and we dropped him, he has won some silverware abroad since, is free and now we are hiring someone with less experience?
And of course there is the Mercedes option: AVB That is what Juve would have done under the previous Agnelli management. I am quite sure there is no problem for the owner to pay the expenses 'as a present' to the club. His release clause will be Andrea's yacht for the president of FC Porto, who will sail out of Genoa with Marotta's wife (loan with the option to buy, of course).
Villas Boas has a release clause of around 20 mils , so its him or Aguero?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 105)