Antonio Conte (44 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I just hope when January comes and we are at top 3( maybe I'm dreaming, but I always try to stay positive ) with strong chances of winning a title that some skeptics will remember what they had said about Conte.

Buy on AliExpress.com

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
There is some truth to Cronios' posts. Conte should know better then the management that he is not suitable to bring a club of Juventus' caliber back to what it needs to be. In truth, accepting the job was rather selfish. Do you really think he's dumb enough to actually believe he has the credentials and experience necessary to take this job on? If Conte thought logically about the validity of his appointment he would have refused it especially knowing that his appointment was widely regarded as his and Juve's destiny. Obviously this offer was never going to be last. Instead, he thought with his heart and the opportunity to launch his career as a manager (with Juventus no less) understandably was too hard to say no to.

Unless Conte is deluded enough to truly believe that he is the right man for the job, it doesn't take a genius to realise that his decision was made in the name of self interest. It would be too harsh however, to judge him for doing so and the blame should be directed solely at those who offered him the job in the first place.

Thing is, he was Agnelli's pick. He heard the fans chant his name. There's a good possibility he's doing this because his emotional bond got the better off him, rather than putting his self interests before the club's own. I don't think he believes he can bring back a trophy laden era immediately, but I do believe he's really honest when he says he'll bring back the Juventus spirit. I hate this appointment. I don't believe he is what we needed, in fact I'd go as far as saying his tenure might be shorter than Del Neri's. But I wouldn't hold it against him for accepting the job. I don't think it's a selfish decision at all. He has seen a team that he once captained, suffer and banish itself into ignominy. And he believes he can help change that, then why not? Sure he's confident he'll do great things, but he is a leader, you can't expect him not to be, he's gotten the chance of a lifetime, that anyone in his position would take.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
He is, as he has proven by the time they were playing together and thats why a better team chose him and we took the leftovers
and is cheaper too, honestly do you believe that Bonucci has justified the 22mil we have spent for him in cash and players?
Do you honestly believe that he would have coped better in world class competition within and vs the CL greatest strikers?
You have seen him here having a troubles, when he only had to face Barzaglis and Lucarellis
Go commit suicide, try a mass suicide. Turk and a few others are willing to do it.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
I just love how many people here know how our club is working, they know exact intentions of Marotta and co, they know what Conte is thinking at the moment etc.

I never read so much bullshit.

I also don't believe that Conte will bring us success, but I'm not stupid to say how he is selfish and wants do destroy us. And I'm willing to bet everything I have that ever guy on this forum would accept an offer that Conte got.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I just love how many people here know how our club is working, they know exact intentions of Marotta and co, they know what Conte is thinking at the moment etc.

I also don't believe that Conte will bring us success, but I'm not stupid to say how he is selfish and wants do destroy us. And I'm willing to bet everything I have that ever guy on this forum would accept an offer that Conte got.
Thank you very much.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Thing is, he was Agnelli's pick. He heard the fans chant his name. There's a good possibility he's doing this because his emotional bond got the better off him, rather than putting his self interests before the club's own. I don't think he believes he can bring back a trophy laden era immediately, but I do believe he's really honest when he says he'll bring back the Juventus spirit. I hate this appointment. I don't believe he is what we needed, in fact I'd go as far as saying his tenure might be shorter than Del Neri's. But I wouldn't hold it against him for accepting the job. I don't think it's a selfish decision at all. He has seen a team that he once captained, suffer and banish itself into ignominy. And he believes he can help change that, then why not? Sure he's confident he'll do great things, but he is a leader, you can't expect him not to be, he's gotten the chance of a lifetime, that anyone in his position would take.
Like I said I don't hold it against him.

Conte's spirit is not going to bring us back to winning ways. We need technical brilliance and that can only come from a strong foundation of experience which unfortunately Conte doesn't have. It takes much much more then strong Juve spirit. Pumping up the team and earning their respect and undivided attention will be for nothing if the manager is not technically experienced. Conte must know that.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008

Would you actually believe you would do a good job managing Juventus? :lol: its obviously tempting but get a grip. If you love the team you want what's best for it and if the decision was between me, Villas Boas or Ancelloti then I would happily leave it to the experts knowing that my team is in safer hands. If someone on this forum thinks they can do a better job then experienced managers then they're majorly ego-centric and deluded.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
If the decision was between me, Villas Boas or Ancelloti then I would happily leave it to the experts knowing that my team is in safer hands.
Vila Boas, Ancelloti, Spalleti and many others were just media fabrications. There was never any true in that.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Like I said I don't hold it against him.

Conte's spirit is not going to bring us back to winning ways. We need technical brilliance and that can only come from a strong foundation of experience which unfortunately Conte doesn't have. It takes much much more then strong Juve spirit. Pumping up the team and earning their respect and undivided attention will be for nothing if the manager is not technically experienced. Conte must know that.
But then, by that logic, Ferrara shouldn't have ever accepted the bench. Guardiola shouldn't have accepted the Barca bench. It's like laying all the blame on Del Neri for the seasons failure when clearly, he's only going to do what's within his capacity. Like you, I don't agree with this appointment, but I'm not laying the blame on Conte, quite like I didn't lay all the blame on Del Neri. He's a mid table coach, he got mid table results. I blame the people who got him here. Point is, its not Contes fault if he's not a technically adept coach, which is perhaps conjecture at this time, and nor is it his fault that he accepted the job when it came to him. Who knows what he was thinking? Its not like he continuously demanded the job, it came his way, and when he saw it was between him and the likes of Mazzarri, he took it, perhaps being confident of doing a better job than the latter. That's not a stretch. Let's not judge him personally for making this decision, because he's taken it with the right intent. He may be a shit coach, and we maybe doomed to failure, but if and when that happens, I still won't be blaming him as much as I will be Agnelli and Marrotta.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Would you actually believe you would do a good job managing Juventus? :lol: its obviously tempting but get a grip. If you love the team you want what's best for it and if the decision was between me, Villas Boas or Ancelloti then I would happily leave it to the experts knowing that my team is in safer hands. If someone on this forum thinks they can do a better job then experienced managers then they're majorly ego-centric and deluded.
If I'm professional coach I would accept the offer. You also can put things into different perspective and apply it on every job offer. I don't know whats you profession and do you work at all, but let's assume that you are young lawyer and you've been approached by big company and they want you in their legal team. Would you decline job because you are still a rookie and recommend them some better lawyer or you would accept the offer?

I believe that Conte is ambitious guy, and is doing what he is doing because of that ambition. What image of himself would he send if he said that he is not good enough at the moment, IMO he would look like coward. He took the challenge that comes once in a lifetime and he made good decision, it says a lot about him and in a positive way.

TBH I can't believe I'm actually debate this stuff, with no offense to anyone it's pretty idiotic at least

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
But then, by that logic, Ferrara shouldn't have ever accepted the bench. Guardiola shouldn't have accepted the Barca bench. It's like laying all the blame on Del Neri for the seasons failure when clearly, he's only going to do what's within his capacity. Like you, I don't agree with this appointment, but I'm not laying the blame on Conte, quite like I didn't lay all the blame on Del Neri. He's a mid table coach, he got mid table results. I blame the people who got him here. Point is, its not Contes fault if he's not a technically adept coach, which is perhaps conjecture at this time, and nor is it his fault that he accepted the job when it came to him. Who knows what he was thinking? Its not like he continuously demanded the job, it came his way, and when he saw it was between him and the likes of Mazzarri, he took it, perhaps being confident of doing a better job than the latter. That's not a stretch. Let's not judge him personally for making this decision, because he's taken it with the right intent. He may be a shit coach, and we maybe doomed to failure, but if and when that happens, I still won't be blaming him as much as I will be Agnelli and Marrotta.
There are huge differences between all of those examples. Barca certainly took a chance on Guardiola and they were lucky that he has a natural ability but you shouldn't forget that the squad at his disposal was far better then that of Ferrara's. We took the same chance with Ferrara and failed miserably with his inexperience exacerbated by the squad. After the 4-3-1-2 failed, Ciro was seemingly clueless as to what to do and we fell apart.
The overarching difference between then and now is that first, we're not in the advantageous position that Guardiola was. We're at a critical juncture in our recovery from calciopoli. This season is really make or break for us and the inexperienced group of players we have should not be handed to any new coach. Second, we have two examples to learn off that should have deterred the management from hiring Conte and certainly deterred Conte from accepting. Ferrara unfortunately didn't have the luxury of knowing the fate of two inexperienced managers at this post-calciopoli Juve, Conte did.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I ve also warned about DN and Ferrara, imminent disaster and wasted season ahead us, i ve also heard the same BS then,
the same wishfull thinking and grace period excuses,
some ppl just refuse to open their minds and accept reality, its their right after all.
If they want to live in a delusional dreaming land, its their fault, i have again provided my views and arguments on the matter, based on my exp and objectivity.

I have nothing else to add, but to wait that history will prove me right once again, just like it has been happening in the past years.
If some ppl still insist on living in denial, its the right, but some ppl are not and i have expressed my thoughts about them.

I will not start a childish game with the ones popping one line insults, they will grow up some day...
if they cant learn from their mistakes, they will grow the hard way, but eventually they will, i just try it to soften the suffering of tomorrow by simply calling it as it is today and indicating were the natural cause of things lead.

Ppl always insist on hoping for miracles and i dont want to take this away from them...if they want to keep lie-ing to themselves, then so be it...

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

:tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)