Antonio Conte (119 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
i think we already made a super investment in pirlo. i am interested how corvino will do on the market and which players will sign for fiorentina. corvino is an excellent director before we signed marotta i hoped that he will come to us.
The added bonus is that the Pirlo signing, despite his age, demonstrates intentions to other would-be signings. Who wouldn't want to play alongside Pirlo?

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Not at all. I don't completely disagree. I would argue though that depending on how this mercato goes the conditions for success could be even less conductive to Conte next season. I don't really blame him for taking the job, he's blinded by his enthusiasm and love for the club which isn't necessarily a bad thing but unfortunately taking this on could be damaging to the club and his career. Good posting :tup:
Ditto :)

Jun 7, 2003
The added bonus is that the Pirlo signing, despite his age, demonstrates intentions to other would-be signings. Who wouldn't want to play alongside Pirlo?
but the aquilani case is also very interesting, after we signed pirlo its not really necessary to sign aquaman altough i like him and think he could learn from pirlo. i hope that conte shows some courage and says to marotta which players he prefers unlike del neri.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
i think we already made a super investment in pirlo. i am interested how corvino will do on the market and which players will sign for fiorentina. corvino is an excellent director before we signed marotta i hoped that he will come to us.
Me too. I wanted Corvino & Prandelli at the start of the season, we would've made the Champions League it we got them, IMO.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Wouldn't Sanchez be better on the wing of a 4-3-3 than Aguero though?
Depends if you actually want wingers on both sides.

With Krasic playing on the wing, I'd look for the player on the other side to act more as a SS are play quite close to the CF.

When teams play 4-3-3 with two wingers, I often feel the CF is quite isolated (unless there is a midfielder like Lampard playing).

Jul 1, 2010
The thing is, Sanchez can also play as SS and has done that this season(playing 3-5-2 alongside Di Natale). Therefore, I think that Sanchez would be more versatile than Aguero(cheaper, lower wages too).

Jul 1, 2010
Sanchez's physical strength also impresses me a lot, he seems to have put a lot of weight in the last year. He is very hard to outrun and to knock off the ball from him. He has a very strong shot too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 113)