Antonio Conte (337 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
One thing is certain. Our image is at an all time low. In fact, we didn't even get to "show the world" that we could win without being "cheaters" (not saying we in fact WERE cheaters, but to most neutrals, we were). We win the league and now we get this. Now I don't know about you guys, but if you're like me when you skim through newspapers, you don't click on every single headline there is. You notice the headline, and make up your own mind about what happened. It's silly, but that's the way people read newspapers sometimes. Take a look at all the "Juventus coach implicated in match fixing" links that are circulating the web right now. "Juventus coach Antonio Conte questioned in match fixing probe" etc. There are tons of them, and Juve's image is receiving blow after blow as each second passes.

Fuck FIGC and fuck that scumbag Palazzi :(

And most of all: Fuck Carobbio !

I really hope this thing passes, but something tells me it won't and that the coppa italia final will end up being Conte's final game in charge.

p0rcupine_tree

love the art in yourself
Feb 27, 2005
How do reporters talk that juve out of CL nxt season...what does this have to do with juve...seems from now on juve should propose contracts for players dat theyre not responsible for any scandal...wut a joke...

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Translation:

Conte: If you dare think you have anything on me, CONI and FIGC, you better lock me up now or I swear I'm going to rape every team in Serie A and all your mothers next season.
I love his explanation of how he could not possibly be involved: "We won everything". The way he talks is pretty great too. He's a mixture or De Niro and Pacino.

---------- Post added 29.05.2012 at 09:51 ----------

[/COLOR]
TBH, there is no info on that.
There is. They searched his house without him being there and he only received notice of it "in poche parole". Two or three words are not enough to search someone's home. The least you have to do is motivate why you're doing it. There is also the question whether it was necessary in the first place. The likelihood of finding evidence there is almost zero. Did the situation at hand really merit such measures? I think not.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
One thing is certain. Our image is at an all time low. In fact, we didn't even get to "show the world" that we could win without being "cheaters" (not saying we in fact WERE cheaters, but to most neutrals, we were). We win the league and now we get this. Now I don't know about you guys, but if you're like me when you skim through newspapers, you don't click on every single headline there is. You notice the headline, and make up your own mind about what happened. It's silly, but that's the way people read newspapers sometimes. Take a look at all the "Juventus coach implicated in match fixing" links that are circulating the web right now. "Juventus coach Antonio Conte questioned in match fixing probe" etc. There are tons of them, and Juve's image is receiving blow after blow as each second passes.
There's no allegation about Juve cheating even in the media. Even if Conte were to be found guilty of match fixing (while he was at Atalanta, Bari, Siena etc.) that still wouldn't mean Juve were liable for the same crime.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
There's no allegation about Juve cheating even in the media. Even if Conte were to be found guilty of match fixing (while he was at Atalanta, Bari, Siena etc.) that still wouldn't mean Juve were liable for the same crime.
IT DOESN'T MATTER.

Here's what an average tv viewer in Europe sees:

a) Juventus are relegated because of match fixing
b) Juve's head coach Conte is now under investigation because of his involvement in a betting scandal

You tell me what he'll conclude.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
IT DOESN'T MATTER.

b) Juve's head coach Conte is now under investigation because of his involvement in a betting scandal

That is exactly what some Swedish readers are suggesting. Like I said the damage has been done.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I know, but I don't think you got my point. I know that we're not involved as a club, but our name is now being dragged through the mud again, which causes damage to our image.

IT DOESN'T MATTER.

Exactly.

May 22, 2007
IT DOESN'T MATTER.

This exactly.

Unless you go out of your way to say that Conte is being investigated for his time at Siena to every single person, you're going to have a few that will not know different. Back in 2009 it was similar, with the Cannavaro failing drug test stories. Everyone brought back what Zeman said about Del Piero and Vialli, same old Juve...

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Yep, the damage has been done. I even had a Milanista scumbag friend of mine SMS me today saying "Oh I see Juve are back to their old ways". I wanted strangle the cunt.

Seriously, Italy is such a shithole; a backwards, third world country. All we can do is hope this shit with Conte passes without much incident and his name is cleared once and for all from this garbage, so the club and manager can focus on next season. This stuff is such an unnecessary and unwanted distraction.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Yep, the damage has been done. I even had a Milanista scumbag friend of mine SMS me today saying "Oh I see Juve are back to their old ways". I wanted strangle the cunt.

Seriously, Italy is such a shithole; a backwards, third world country. All we can do is hope this shit with Conte passes without much incident and his name is cleared once and for all from this garbage, so the club and manager can focus on next season. This stuff is such an unnecessary and unwanted distraction.
:agree:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 333)