Antonio Conte (176 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Aug 2, 2005
FI

Marotta: 'Conte official on Monday'

Juventus will “make Antonio Conte official on Monday,” confirmed director general Beppe Marotta.
The Bianconeri have axed Gigi Del Neri after failing to qualify for Europe, despite the fact he has another year to run on his contract.

“We will announce the new Coach in a few days,” Marotta told Sky Sport Italia.

“Juventus will make Conte official on Monday. We thank Del Neri for everything he has done this season and it was a painful decision to change.

“Next year we will confirm most of the current squad and will add some world class reinforcements.”

Former Bianconeri midfielder Conte has just earned promotion with Siena.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
FI

Juventus will “make Antonio Conte official on Monday,” confirmed director general Beppe Marotta.
The Bianconeri have axed Gigi Del Neri after failing to qualify for Europe, despite the fact he has another year to run on his contract.

“Juventus will make Conte official on Monday. We thank Del Neri for everything he has done this season and it was a painful decision to change.

“Next year we will confirm most of the current squad and will add some world class reinforcements.”

jbsal

Jul 25, 2008
what d mudda conte -- - we need an experienced coach - no more mediocre crap ...... we can't afford any failures .... geeezz

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Look what I found:

FI

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
I think this is a massive error and I'm seriously shocked we haven't learnt from our mistakes. It seems as though, yet again we've made a judgement call with the heart and not the head. I struggle to believe that of all the coaches out there, Conte is the most suitable one to take this club where they want to go. There is plenty of experienced coaches I think we could tempt: Van Gaal, Deschamps, Villas Boas (OK so not experienced but has more managerial pedigree), Lippi, Ancelotti, Spaletti, Gasperini, Pellegrini etc. Right now I'm really struggling to back this decision, even though we all have to in order to try to make the club united. I can't see the reasoning behind it. Have we just offered the first person we've spoken to??

I hope there is a media error. If there hasn't been, good luck Conte, you'll most certainly need it

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I heard it during the match but was not sure...anyways I found a source:

FI

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

this bit scares me the most, and not in a good way. basically imagine our current squad and add pirlo. thats what they are thinking

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 160)