Antonio Conte (319 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Knowing how seldom our wishes are granted with these types of things I doubt Conte will change back to the most logical formation. Looks to me like he's trying to anchor us to the 2nd CL spot with this 3-5-2.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Why does Conte keep buckling on big games by not only fielding a 3-5-2 against the likes of Napoli, Roma and Milan, but also fielding it with weaker players when our best roster is available?

I'm really dumbfounded as to his line of thought here.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I think he set up the team for the first half with containment as the main goal, and had a different plan already in mind for the second half, before the match even started. Tire the bastards out, use some legs which aren’t our best legs, then once the opponents run out of steam, bring on the big guns, fresh and ready to take advantage. Perhaps I am paying him too much credit, but I doubt it.

Such a ploy makes his selection for the starting XI far easier to understand and accept.

Whether pre-planned or not, the change to 433 after the break, locking down our fullback zones, giving Chiellini an injection of adrenalin, then adding fresh legs and quality to the team in a staggered manner…worked a treat.

We remain unbeaten, in a great position in the league, and that Matri goal would have given a huge boost to the players and fans alike, whilst having a deflating effect on our opponents. for so long, they thought they had us…scudetto tied up…but then…Conte’s calculated risk caught up with them.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
I think he set up the team for the first half with containment as the main goal, and had a different plan already in mind for the second half, before the match even started. Tire the bastards out, use some legs which aren’t our best legs, then once the opponents run out of steam, bring on the big guns, fresh and ready to take advantage. Perhaps I am paying him too much credit, but I doubt it.

Such a ploy makes his selection for the starting XI far easier to understand and accept.

Whether pre-planned or not, the change to 433 after the break, locking down our fullback zones, giving Chiellini an injection of adrenalin, then adding fresh legs and quality to the team in a staggered manner…worked a treat.

We remain unbeaten, in a great position in the league, and that Matri goal would have given a huge boost to the players and fans alike, whilst having a deflating effect on our opponents. for so long, they thought they had us…scudetto tied up…but then…Conte’s calculated risk caught up with them.
"Let's give them a headstart and catch up in the second half"

Great freaking tactic!

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
How you still are here is fucking mystery. Oh, wait. It isn't.

Galliani said to Conte "Are you going to complain to the newspapers again? It obviously helped!"

Conte: "Oh look, the mafioso is talking" :D
:lol: Did he really say that?

Conte is a G.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
"Let's give them a headstart and catch up in the second half"

Great freaking tactic!
That isn't at all what I wrote, nor what I am/ was suggesting Conte did. More of a 'let them try and break us down, run themselves into the ground, and then, once they tire we bring on three pairs of fresh leg, who not only give our team a second wind, but also add to the quality level at the same time'.

I may be wrong, of course, but its a tactic I have seen employed before...and its the most obvious way of making sense of starting boriello and esti. two of our technically weakest players. I like to believe that Conte plans such things, and as proactive as reactive a manager.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
This game was actually encouraging to me. It's encouraging to know you have a coach that will not hesitate to change formation and sub 3 players. We did beat them with 3-5-2 in Coppa so he tried it again, it failed miserably, he switched and we came back. That is encouraging.

It's fucking tough to beat the "Serie A champions" 3 times in a row, come on.

Even when Conte gets it wrong, he fixes it. He makes me happy.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
That isn't at all what I wrote, nor what I am was suggesting Conte did. More of a 'let them try and break us down, run themselves into the ground, and then, once they tire we bring on three pairs of fresh leg, who not only give our team a second wind, but also add to the quality level at the same time'.

I may be wrong, of course, but its a tactic I have seen employed before...and its the most obvious way of making sense of starting boriello and esti. two of our technically weakest players. I like to believe that Conte plans such things, and as proactive as reactive a manager.
Great strategy if we can contain them and still on 0-0 at half time, it would be fantastic if we can even snatch a goal in 1st half.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Not only do we not play proper wing backs in the 3-5-2 but our play in midfield has absolutely no flow to it. We are slowing ourselves down in this formation. As soon as we went to the 4-3-3 we began linking up in attack much more easily. Moreover, Bonnucci AGAIN made some bad mistakes. De Ceglie was doing well for us at LB and Chiellini refound form at CB.

Dec 31, 2008
Not only do we not play proper wing backs in the 3-5-2 but our play in midfield has absolutely no flow to it. We are slowing ourselves down in this formation. As soon as we went to the 4-3-3 we began linking up in attack much more easily. Moreover, Bonnucci AGAIN made some bad mistakes. De Ceglie was doing well for us at LB and Chiellini refound form at CB.
:agree:

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
“First of all we must praise Milan, as they played for an hour at the highest level and put us under pressure with our own weapons. Where I see that we went wrong, it’s also because they made us go wrong.”

Rarely Conte had it wrong from a tactical perspective this season, besides this match there's maybe the Napoli game (352) and the Udinese-away game (3511) yet we always fought back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 313)