Antonio Conte (31 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Not only do we not play proper wing backs in the 3-5-2 but our play in midfield has absolutely no flow to it. We are slowing ourselves down in this formation. As soon as we went to the 4-3-3 we began linking up in attack much more easily. Moreover, Bonnucci AGAIN made some bad mistakes. De Ceglie was doing well for us at LB and Chiellini refound form at CB.
his switch to LB produced what I found his best performance all season...in last night's game.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Donsazio

Feb 26, 2006
he knows he fucked up in the first half, he admitted it himself. But he changed to 4-3-3, brought on 3 big guns and hey presto, we got a goal back and remain undefeated AND have a high chance of winning the league. We seem to forget that the objective at the beginning of the season was CL qualification, and we will surely get it no doubt. The fact we are fighting for the league and its essentially a 2 horse race with the champions of last season is a bonus.

I sure hope the board keep conte after this season and let him grow as a manager, he has the potential to be one of the best in europe/the world. Also, everyone makes mistakes, and as this is his first season with a top flight club i would say hes made less mistakes than is likely of someone else in his position...say AVB

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
his switch to LB produced what I found his best performance all season...in last night's game.
Well if you look beyond that performance and turn your attention to his other LB performances relative to his CB this season and previous seasons you'd realise what position he should be playing in.

tyouto

catenaccio
Aug 8, 2011
Even when Conte gets it wrong, he fixes it. He makes me happy.
:hellyes:

Great strategy if we can contain them and still on 0-0 at half time, it would be fantastic if we can even snatch a goal in 1st half.
to risky against milan, they know we wouldn't comfortable from the first minute with this formation so they push, pressing, and try to make chances as much as they can. they learn our match against catania.

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #7,386
    it wasn't long ago when the 4-3-3 didn't work people were calling for the 3-5-2 back :touched: watch us go 4-3-3 and when that fails calls for the 3-5-2 will return
    4-3-3 was always the way to go. It's just people that expect us to win every single game and get disappointed when they see a draw.

Having an alternative formation is not bad at all, but having 3-5-2 is wrong by all means. It can be useful when we're leading 2-0 and have to rest some of the players because it looks solid defensively but it's totally wrong to have it as a primary formation as it doesn't suit half of the players. There's no team work, there are no wingers and defense is fragile as hell. At the same time our midfield looks like they have no idea what are they doing and also our strikers are isolated as hell. In other words - fuck 3-5-2.

Suns

Release clause?
    May 22, 2009
    it wasn't long ago when the 4-3-3 didn't work people were calling for the 3-5-2 back :touched: watch us go 4-3-3 and when that fails calls for the 3-5-2 will return
    Stop making shit up, nobody was asking for the 3-5-2. And if one person asked for it, it doesn't mean that the people asked for it.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    :lol: Poor Badass being attacked from the get go.

Fuck the 3-5-2; we clearly don't have the players for it. Lichsteiner, Esti, Giac, and DC are not wingbacks. Why render your midfielders less useful, play your RB out of position, and in a position which he is not completely comfortable in I might add, and give a starting spot to an incompetent CB who fucks up at least once a game?!

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    i believe we should rather opt for a real 4-3-3 with a real trident of forwards and since Chiellini is now accomodated with the CB role again, use Caceres and Licht as wingbacks and throw Bonucci of the starting line up.

Buffon
    Licht Barza Chiello Caceres
    Vidal Pirlo Marchisio
    Quaq Matri Vucinic

Bonucci, DC, Pepe, Giache, Baronne and DP can provide the coverage we need for it.
    If we have a heavy toll on injured player, we could reform it and adapt.

JuventinMalti

Apr 5, 2006
    The main flaw of the 3-5-2 is that the opposition can beat you with one simple move that can dismantle it. I'm obviously referring to a gameplan of "don't press Bonucci, let him run a meter or two and give us possession".

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
    Sep 29, 2008
    4-3-3 was always the way to go. It's just people that expect us to win every single game and get disappointed when they see a draw.

Having an alternative formation is not bad at all, but having 3-5-2 is wrong by all means. It can be useful when we're leading 2-0 and have to rest some of the players because it looks solid defensively but it's totally wrong to have it as a primary formation as it doesn't suit half of the players. There's no team work, there are no wingers and defense is fragile as hell. At the same time our midfield looks like they have no idea what are they doing and also our strikers are isolated as hell. In other words - fuck 3-5-2.
    Amen to that. :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)