Antonio Conte (107 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.
May 23, 2013
Hes definitely PL bound, my guess is he'll get the Yanited job after OGS gets the sack. If not them then its hard to say, La Loga finances seem to be shit so I don't think any of those clubs would want to deal with his transfer complaints, ditto Serie A, so that only leaves the oil clubs as possible destinations. I could see him at PSG if Pochettino somehow manages to F it all up again.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Hes definitely PL bound, my guess is he'll get the Yanited job after OGS gets the sack. If not them then its hard to say, La Loga finances seem to be shit so I don't think any of those clubs would want to deal with his transfer complaints, ditto Serie A, so that only leaves the oil clubs as possible destinations. I could see him at PSG if Pochettino somehow manages to F it all up again.
i don’t see OGS gettin the sack anytime soon, hard to figure out a spot for him, Tottenham seemed like a good match but that didn’t work out. No way he goes to arsenal, and that leaves Chelsea and city and I don’t see either of them firing their coaches either, plus he already burned his bridges with Chelsea

- - - Updated - - -

And lol @ conte managing a team with egos like neymar, Mbappe and Di Maria, that would be fun to watch. I don’t even think he’d be a god coach for Messi, would complain he doesn’t run enough

May 23, 2013
i don’t see OGS gettin the sack anytime soon, hard to figure out a spot for him, Tottenham seemed like a good match but that didn’t work out. No way he goes to arsenal, and that leaves Chelsea and city and I don’t see either of them firing their coaches either, plus he already burned his bridges with Chelsea

- - - Updated - - -

And lol @ conte managing a team with egos like neymar, Mbappe and Di Maria, that would be fun to watch. I don’t even think he’d be a god coach for Messi, would complain he doesn’t run enough
Conte is a winner and an elite coach (atleast domestically). However, his personality is so strange and toxic that its now limited his choice of clubs to an extreme extent. Conte wants all of his transfermarket wishes to be fulfilled, whereas most traditional big clubs want prefer yesmen who don't complain about poor transfer policies or limited investments.

The only clubs which could remedy these issues are the oil clubs. But, as you pointed out, these clubs are littered with current gen big personalities who will almost certainly clash with Conte. Honestly, though I kind of like him as a character, I think Conte will eventually squeeze himself out of job market if he doesn't undergo a more amicable personality shift.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Conte is a winner and an elite coach (atleast domestically). However, his personality is so strange and toxic that its now limited his choice of clubs to an extreme extent. Conte wants all of his transfermarket wishes to be fulfilled, whereas most traditional big clubs want prefer yesmen who don't complain about poor transfer policies or limited investments.

The only clubs which could remedy these issues are the oil clubs. But, as you pointed out, these clubs are littered with current gen big personalities who will almost certainly clash with Conte. Honestly, though I kind of like him as a character, I think Conte will eventually squeeze himself out of job market if he doesn't undergo a more amicable personality shift.
Very well said. I think he does risk getting shut out, unless he goes to mid table teams and turns them around. We’ll see if he goes that route or if he thinks he’s too good for it. There’s always Italy but they also just won a eurocup so he’d have to wait.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

Seriously? Biggest bitch I've ever seen (not counting myself here).

May 23, 2013
Don't get me wrong, he is defo bitchy asf and a narcissist. But individuals such as Conte spice things up and that adds another entertaining element to the game. For example, I'd say El Clasico was infinitely more exciting and suspenseful when Mourinho and Guardiola were at Real and Barca. And that largely stemmed from the beef caused by their massive egos leading to nipping between the two. That animosity translated into a far more intriguing product on the pitch. Serie A would have had that on steroid, had Conte remained to compete with other enigmas such as Allegri, Mourinho and even Sarri.

- - - Updated - - -

Very well said. I think he does risk getting shut out, unless he goes to mid table teams and turns them around. We’ll see if he goes that route or if he thinks he’s too good for it. There’s always Italy but they also just won a eurocup so he’d have to wait.
Once Arsenal hits rock bottom and sacks Arteta, the club could fit that criteria. The crazy thing is, Conte (along with Klopp) is probably the only manager who could possibly turn that sinking ship around and get Arsenal back into the CL. Though he would certainly depart within two seasons after falling out with the ownership.

Last edited:

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I know there is some bad blood and we have just committed to Allegri but this would be the perfect time to have Conte. He's the perfect man during a rebuild.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
I adore Conte as our players, he is our Capitano for long time, you can't denied his spirit. As our coach, he is the one that turn our slump and get the 1st scudetto from that 9 consecutive

But for him going to that fuckin Inter, he already cross that line. And there is no coming back from that
I don't angry with him , because he is professional. But just can't accept him anymore.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I know there is some bad blood and we have just committed to Allegri but this would be the perfect time to have Conte. He's the perfect man during a rebuild.
Agree but you think he would work with this team? Forgetting why he left first time? He'd demand half of them gone first training session. And you know how good we are at selling, so it kinda would be difficult

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
If he goes to Manu, how do you guys think hell handle it? The team is built for a 4231 with many attacking players, so going 352/343 might be trouble. None of their wingers can play wingbacks.

De Gea
Varane Maguire Lindelof
???? Pogba Fred? Shaw
Bruno
Ronaldo ????
They have Cavani, Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho, Martial competing for a spot next to Ronaldo in this case. And do they have a good enough DM for this? Fred and old Matic...

Wet dream for fake melo but headaches for Antonio

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
If he goes to Manu, how do you guys think hell handle it? The team is built for a 4231 with many attacking players, so going 352/343 might be trouble. None of their wingers can play wingbacks.

De Gea
Varane Maguire Lindelof
???? Pogba Fred? Shaw
Bruno
Ronaldo ????
They have Cavani, Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho, Martial competing for a spot next to Ronaldo in this case. And do they have a good enough DM for this? Fred and old Matic...

Wet dream for fake melo but headaches for Antonio
RWB would be Wan Bissaka
And i think he would prefer Rashford and Cavani. Greenwood - Ronaldo is the other option

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
He is so doing this. Taking a job at a struggling club means he can always point at that if things don't go well ("Remember where we were"). Conte's number one phobia is having to extend or build on someone else's success.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
he is at a point where this will be probably be his last club, after he brokes up with manu (and we all know it will happen at some point), none of the club will want him and he will have to stick with national teams probably.

- - - Updated - - -

GDM already on it:

Antonio Conte and Manchester United, a combination that could become a reality. That of the former Inter is the hottest name with the Red Devils who are considering the sacking of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer .
The defeat against Liverpool could therefore have been decisive for the Norwegian manager's future. Manchester are considering if and when to part ways with Solskjaer. Above all, the timing is to be understood, with the British who could also wait for the stop for the national teams. In any case, it is very unlikely that Solskjaer will remain firmly on the United bench after that moment.
The chosen one of the Red Devils is just Conte. The first contacts have already been made between Manchester and the Italian coach. Conte has already given his willingness to United to take the team in the running.

A decision made because the coach is convinced he can do well with the team available right away. This is the reason why he gave his willingness to enter the race.

For Conte it would be his return to the Premier League after winning the championship with Chelsea in his first season in England. With the Blues he had finished after two seasons with a very high average points: 2.12 points per game.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway isnt Zidane free? With Varane, Pogba and CR7 its easy to say Manu should go for Zizou.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 93)